PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a NoMow lawn in Tenerife?

Alba
07-04-2012, 13:06
I am wanting my garden done in no mow (dont know if my spelling is right) but does anyone supply and fit this and if so how much at a guess probably 20 sq metres worth, but could be wrong, any info appreciated. Thanks

Suej
07-04-2012, 13:14
I am wanting my garden done in no mow (dont know if my spelling is right) but does anyone supply and fit this and if so how much at a guess probably 20 sq metres worth, but could be wrong, any info appreciated. Thanks

Here is a link to Nomow! http://www.nomow.es/es_nomow_lawn.asp.htm
I used this company to grass a small area in my garden 4mtrs x 4mtrs. Sorry I can't remember how much it cost as it was around 5 years ago, it still looks as good as new so personally I am very pleased with it! I know they have various different types you can choose from so give them a call!

Tom & Sharon
07-04-2012, 13:57
We have no mow too.

Very good, professional service and an excellent product. It's not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Added after 3 minutes:

Here's the English link to Mark:- http://www.nomow.es/english.htm

Megaloo
07-04-2012, 14:13
Is this similar to what is sold in Leroy Merlin off the roll different types of grass,? I was only looking the other day at it.

Tom & Sharon
07-04-2012, 14:21
Is this similar to what is sold in Leroy Merlin off the roll different types of grass,? I was only looking the other day at it.

The quality is totally different though. No Mow is an English product, and of far superior quality.

You can read more about it on the English website - http://www.nomow.co.uk/

angeldrawers
07-04-2012, 14:22
Hey Tom & Sharon ,you are going to be neighbours of ours when we move over in a few weeks.I just recognised the complex.

Tom & Sharon
07-04-2012, 14:24
Hey Tom & Sharon ,you are going to be neighbours of ours when we move over in a few weeks.I just recognised the complex.

Really? Have you bought on our complex?

angeldrawers
07-04-2012, 14:54
Yes and i think maybe we spoke to you as i only rememver 1 garden with the artificial lawn,which looks great BTW.We bought a penthouse back in dec and make the move over at the end of the month.Beginning to get the collywobbles now and hoping its a well run community, quiet neighbours,and no doggy do around the place.:hello:

Harmonicaman
07-04-2012, 15:39
Yes and i think maybe we spoke to you as i only rememver 1 garden with the artificial lawn,which looks great BTW.We bought a penthouse back in dec and make the move over at the end of the month.Beginning to get the collywobbles now and hoping its a well run community, quiet neighbours,and no doggy do around the place.:hello:

Sharon's a screamer...

Suej
07-04-2012, 17:23
Sharon's a screamer...

Her garden Zumba and Salsa parties are brill though!:jumping:

Megaloo
11-04-2012, 12:06
Does anyone know whether nomow is closed for holidays, I have sent two e-mails with couple of queries and so far no replies. Tried to telephone but my Spanish is a bit limited, so wanted to make my queries in writing.

Suej
11-04-2012, 12:43
Does anyone know whether nomow is closed for holidays, I have sent two e-mails with couple of queries and so far no replies. Tried to telephone but my Spanish is a bit limited, so wanted to make my queries in writing.

Here we are Megaloo! It gives a phone number for enquiries in English! it was an English guy that I dealt with!

NoMow

Los Patameros
Local No.3
Avenida de Ayyo
38670 Adeje
Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Fax: (0034) 922 713626

Tel (móvil): 629 197942

Enquiries in English
679 145325

Email: ventas@nomow.es

Megaloo
11-04-2012, 13:00
thank you very much I will try that, but I am surprised they have not replied to my e-mail

KirstyJay
11-04-2012, 13:14
thank you very much I will try that, but I am surprised they have not replied to my e-mailMark has paid me a deposit to redo his website some months ago now. I have emailed and called and left phone messages several times at about 2 week intervals and have not had any replies.

Bearing in mind I've been paid the deposit, so I actually have money of his, the lack of response is strange to say the least. Last time we spoke he did seem very busy and rushed. However, as I can't actually do anything until I'm given the content, I would have thought he'd get back in touch..?

Maybe he's not around, as he did not reply to me for a while while he was visiting England, but all I'm asking is that if you DO get hold of Mark, or anyone knows him, can you please ask him to contact me, as I've been trying for ages and I've not run off with his cash. Honest :) I can't do any more work without his site content! :)

Tom & Sharon
11-04-2012, 16:31
I think he's just very busy all the time as well. He seems to be meeting himself coming backwards.

When he did our garden, he was a while even coming to pick up his money!

Megaloo
11-04-2012, 19:06
Maybe he has too much work and does not want anymore.

Megaloo
25-04-2012, 10:12
Thanks everyone I have just managed to speak to Mark, I have given him your message KirsyJay

DUNEDIN
02-04-2014, 11:40
Mark has paid me a deposit to redo his website some months ago now. I have emailed and called and left phone messages several times at about 2 week intervals and have not had any replies.

Bearing in mind I've been paid the deposit, so I actually have money of his, the lack of response is strange to say the least. Last time we spoke he did seem very busy and rushed. However, as I can't actually do anything until I'm given the content, I would have thought he'd get back in touch..?

Maybe he's not around, as he did not reply to me for a while while he was visiting England, but all I'm asking is that if you DO get hold of Mark, or anyone knows him, can you please ask him to contact me, as I've been trying for ages and I've not run off with his cash. Honest :) I can't do any more work without his site content! :)

Dug this out while searching for anything about Nomow and Mark, think its the company who bought the already built site from you eventually that I am now speaking with.

In terms of Nomow I was over recently and called Mark who came straight away and measured up and quoted. We had a small window of opportunity to do the work which Mark said was fine. I was also getting some tiling work done and Tom the tiler had access and was to liase with Mark, i sent Mark a couple of txs and Tom called him six times without reply. We were perplexed as he seemed so efficient. The English version of Nomow only has one number but the other number had a name Beatriz beside so I called explaining who I was. She almost straight away said Mark had lost his phone but would tell him and get him to call from hers. I waited until evening then sent a polite txt to her number but got no reply. I then found another company on line artificialgrasstenerife who I dont know but responded fairly quickly and turns out although they have a Tenerife version have a long history in UK also, so awaiting quote and hopefully it will go ahead although the timescale for doing this week is out the window so will be at a later date.

One final thing happened, later on last night my mobile rung and up on the screen appeared "Mark Nomow" as I had logged it but when I answered all I could hear was people speaking in English but not to be, think Mark a trouser pocket call by mistake and called me from his "stolen" phone or maybe it was just lost.

If he had simply had the baws to call me and say it wouldnt be happening I would have had a chance to make other arrangements as clearly others do this.

I am also told Royal grass is the market leader which the other company use and as I found nomow on a chinese business forum and have also been told then I understand their grass is made in China not England as a previous poster stated and seems to have been told. Anyway thanks for wasting my time nomowMark you didnt need to

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Mark has paid me a deposit to redo his website some months ago now. I have emailed and called and left phone messages several times at about 2 week intervals and have not had any replies.

Dug this out while searching for anything about Nomow and Mark, think its the company who bought the already built site from you eventually that I am now speaking with.

In terms of Nomow I was over recently and called Mark who came straight away and measured up and quoted. We had a small window of opportunity to do the work which Mark said was fine. I was also getting some tiling work done and Tom the tiler had access and was to liase with Mark, i sent Mark a couple of txs and Tom called him six times without reply. We were perplexed as he seemed so efficient. The English version of Nomow only has one number but the other number had a name Beatriz beside so I called explaining who I was. She almost straight away said Mark had lost his phone but would tell him and get him to call from hers. I waited until evening then sent a polite txt to her number but got no reply. I then found another company on line artificialgrasstenerife who I dont know but responded fairly quickly and turns out although they have a Tenerife version have a long history in UK also, so awaiting quote and hopefully it will go ahead although the timescale for doing this week is out the window so will be at a later date.

One final thing happened, later on last night my mobile rung and up on the screen appeared "Mark Nomow" as I had logged it but when I answered all I could hear was people speaking in English but not to be, think Mark a trouser pocket call by mistake and called me from his "stolen" phone or maybe it was just lost.

If he had simply had the baws to call me and say it wouldnt be happening I would have had a chance to make other arrangements as clearly others do this.

I am also told Royal grass is the market leader which the other company use and as I found nomow on a chinese business forum and have also been told then I understand their grass is made in China not England as a previous poster stated and seems to have been told. Anyway thanks for wasting my time nomowMark you didnt need to

ramnit
03-04-2014, 11:24
I am interested to here if anybody has fitted the artificial grass (Nomow) on top of tiles on a terrace area and if it was fit for purpose

Jabba43
04-04-2014, 07:04
I am interested to here if anybody has fitted the artificial grass (Nomow) on top of tiles on a terrace area and if it was fit for purpose

My neighbour had it done, says it is fine. From my research you really want to get the thick pile stuff, 8mm feels nice under foot, do not be cheap you will regret it, the thin stuff is like a snooker table.

It is not difficult to lay if you are a bit handy. For a carpet fitter it would be second nature. I would just go to leroymerlin in la laguna and buy the rolls and tape if you need joints.

The only issue on tiles is drainage, look on youtube there are some great vids on how to do it.

ramnit
04-04-2014, 11:59
Thanks Jabba43 I will try and look on the Leroymerlin web site if I can find it

firemanfoz
04-04-2014, 13:00
If you are having trouble with getting this artificial grass then just water your existing grass with water and a drop of gin.
It will come up half cut. Boom boom