PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a gym in South Tenerife?

Nic
07-04-2012, 14:08
Can anyone recommend a fairly reasonably priced gym that's not full of muscle men and leotard wearing females?!?! I live in Parque de la Reina and work in Puerto Colon so somewhere between the two is ideal. Don't have much time for exercise, only an hour a day really (thanks to two under 3s!) but I really need to lose weight and get fit (hence the reason I don't want to get a complex going to a gym full of super fit people!). I've heard there are a couple in Costa del Silencio but any opinions would be welcomed! Thanks!

9PLUS
07-04-2012, 15:03
Stop eating bread

TenerifePool
07-04-2012, 15:10
Great atmosphere at Xtreme Fitness in Las Chafiras, on the right hand side just past First Impressions.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/220114654719578/

They have a bar for rehidration too!

Nic
07-04-2012, 15:54
Stop eating bread

Yup, tried that one and given up potatoes too! Maybe chocolate should be next on the list lol ;)

Added after 3 minutes:

Great atmosphere at Xtreme Fitness in Las Chafiras, on the right hand side just past First Impressions.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/220114654719578/

They have a bar for rehidration too!

Thanks, will have a look, any idea what prices are like?

bonitatime
07-04-2012, 16:06
I belong to a gym in Santa Cruz the same people have just opened in the sports centre in Adeje
If it is anything like the one in Santa Cruz it will be great

ddoyle
07-04-2012, 16:10
Extreme Fitness is €38 per month, good value if you use it on a regular basis.

TenerifePool
07-04-2012, 16:33
Thanks, will have a look, any idea what prices are like?

From 38€ per month depending on the package.

Ian, the owner has offered a free day pass to any forum members who'd like to give it a try.

polremy
07-04-2012, 19:26
I use Spa Atlantis between Green Park and Golf Plaza in the Golf del Sur.
30 euros a month and open every day - even Christmas Day.
Friendly and light and bright - not at all like some of those dungeon places.
Machinery is not the latest technology but there´s certainly enough to get in shape.

Nic
07-04-2012, 20:21
I went up to have a look this afternoon but it was full of really fit blokes doing kick boxing.....i got frightened and ran away again!! i will go up again on monday afternoon and try to be brave!!

SuzyQ
07-04-2012, 20:52
Dont let the kick boxers put you off Nic, its also a marshall arts centre but you dont have to do that. Its a very friendly place, and Ian will give you free personal training. Its €38, but to live arico members its €35. Live Arico membership costs €3 per month via our website www.livearico.org
Sorry shameless Live Arico plug there.

TenerifePool
07-04-2012, 20:56
I went up to have a look this afternoon but it was full of really fit blokes doing kick boxing.....i got frightened and ran away again!! i will go up again on monday afternoon and try to be brave!!

There's a fight night next Friday so lots of practice going on, with fighters from other gyms on the island coming over to try the facilities as well as their own members.

As well as being the owner, Ian is also a great Personal Trainer with a wealth of knowlege and a real passion for what he does If you like I can PM you his number to make an appointment for a chat.

Nic
07-04-2012, 21:36
There's a fight night next Friday so lots of practice going on, with fighters from other gyms on the island coming over to try the facilities as well as their own members.

As well as being the owner, Ian is also a great Personal Trainer with a wealth of knowlege and a real passion for what he does If you like I can PM you his number to make an appointment for a chat.

That would be great thanks, are they open all day? I want to go on Monday. I'm pretty unfit now and pretty overweight (18kgs to lose!) with dodgy knees so hopefully he'll be able to help me!

TenerifePool
07-04-2012, 21:46
That would be great thanks, are they open all day? I want to go on Monday. I'm pretty unfit now and pretty overweight (18kgs to lose!) with dodgy knees so hopefully he'll be able to help me!

08.00 - 22.00 Monday to Friday and slightly less on the weekends, I think 10.00 - 20.00 Saturday and 10.00 - 1800 Sunday.

Contact details sent by PM.

Kande
07-04-2012, 22:26
Can anyone recommend a fairly reasonably priced gym that's not full of muscle men and leotard wearing females?!?! I live in Parque de la Reina and work in Puerto Colon so somewhere between the two is ideal. Don't have much time for exercise, only an hour a day really (thanks to two under 3s!) but I really need to lose weight and get fit (hence the reason I don't want to get a complex going to a gym full of super fit people!). I've heard there are a couple in Costa del Silencio but any opinions would be welcomed! Thanks!

Body Advance next to Ritmania dance school, opposite the public swimming pool in Los Cris. They have another gym in Los Abrigos, on entering from las chafiras on the left hand side.

There are a few more in Las Chafiras -
Theres one next to Bejuca fruit and veg store close to the ITV station, on the same road as Iceland. Theres also a squash court there as well.
Another gym is Radical on the other side of motorway (opposite San Isidro Ferreteria).

The prices are approx. 35-45 a month or 5 euros a day.

9PLUS
08-04-2012, 12:22
Move Sex....

chifleta
08-04-2012, 14:24

Planet Gym in Galletas is fine for normal exercise and they do great fitness classes, and the girls/women(and one or two brave men that can stand the pace) are a good bunch... just come in and have a nosey.... I go to most of the morning classes that start at 9.30, but some of us are mad and do some abs exercises beforehand.... oh and no worries if you're uncoordinated, if you see some of us, you won't be so embarrassed I can tell you, we have a laugh, even us gym freaks :)

Added after 2 minutes:

Move Sex....

beg pardon! :devil2:

Added after 4 minutes:

I'm pretty unfit now and pretty overweight (18kgs to lose!) with dodgy knees so hopefully he'll be able to help me!

well you're moving in the right direction... go for it Nic :) ....... I had 42 kilos to lose..... and i'm nearly there, on the last nasty hurdle (4.4kg left to lose), and regarding diet, you've just got to think to yourself that it's not a diet, it's a lifetime regime change, that way we can still have our meals out when we want, just not every day :D .... i've been following weight watchers and it's worked for me, but exercise (especially once I hit my 40's) is a definate must, so that everything tones up and shrinks back to where it should be, nearly, almost PLEEEEEASE BATWINGS DISAPPEAR.......... :cry::laugh: i'm fitter now than when I used to compete in Judo competions in my early teens.... actually i've never been as fit as I am now, it's a great feeling.

Nic
08-04-2012, 18:25
Move Sex....

Is that an offer cheeky?? :devil2:

9PLUS
08-04-2012, 18:42
Is that an offer cheeky?? :devil2:

Always up for scoring another notch on the Tenerifeforum ladies post

cheers x

Malteser Monkey
08-04-2012, 20:54
Always up for scoring another notch on the Tenerifeforum ladies post

cheers x

Neither Pink nor Blue could just be the post:whistle::D

Nic
09-04-2012, 20:49
Thanks for the info "TenerifePool" on the gym. Went today, met Ian and have my first session tomorrow. Wasn't as scary as it looked and I'm really looking forward to it. He seems a really decent bloke. Thanks again!

Neither Pink nor Blue could just be the post:whistle::D

Oh I'm definitely pink lol

Nic
12-04-2012, 21:53
Just wanted to say thanks again TenerifePool. Have been to the gym twice now (and am gradually getting movement back in my arms now). Best decision I've ever made and Ian is a top bloke, great trainer for a complete novice like me. If anybody is looking to join a gym then I'd definitely recommend you go here. Massive place where you can do lots of different aerobic classes (zumba, spinning, ladies kick boxing and more) and the gym too, great place. Thanks again!

lacrawf
13-04-2012, 16:15
Fairly new Gym in Las Chafiras, Xtreme fitness, large, well equipped, loads of classes, British run, very reasonable rates. They have a web site and are also on Face Book, well worth a look as some of the classes are free if you are a member

Nic
13-04-2012, 21:43
Fairly new Gym in Las Chafiras, Xtreme fitness, large, well equipped, loads of classes, British run, very reasonable rates. They have a web site and are also on Face Book, well worth a look as some of the classes are free if you are a member

Yes, that's the one I went to. Great gym, great trainer but sore sore arms! Would definitely recommend it. Not full of muscle men admiring themselves (well not at the times I go) and ladies won't feel intimidated. If you're thinking of joining a gym then this is definitely one to be considered!

cowen1000
20-05-2012, 12:24
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good 'air conditioned' gym in Los Cristianos?

I am looking for one with plenty of free weights, machines and cardio machines.
Thanks

chicoh0u53
16-06-2012, 10:49
there´s loads in cristianos, one near the bus station

Debbie_22
27-08-2012, 12:36
I teach in the ladies fitness club (reveron apartments opposite harveys bar)
its a good personal gym as well.
my classes are currently mondays, wednesdays and fridays at 11am -12pm. Just 4€ a class with no joining fee.

Debbie_22
27-08-2012, 12:47
The gym at the reveron apartments has re-opened as a class only ladies fitness suite. Classes are just 4€ a time with no monthly memebership costs or joining fees.

Debbie_22
31-12-2012, 13:41
OK just to update people, the gym at Reveron Apartments is now for both male and female for all the classes and personal training. (couldn't edit / delete my last couple of posts, but this is the latest information)
There is everything from Spinning, Step, Aerobics, Circuits, Yoga, Pilates, Legs bums & tums.
Come along and get fit for 2013.
Debbie

princessmonika
04-01-2014, 18:07
i also go to atlantis spa great with pool sauna steamroom hot water pool 47 € per month

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

i also go to atlantis spa great with pool sauna steamroom hot water pool 47 € per month and gym

ameal4two
04-01-2014, 20:21
Xtreme gym very good,good people,trainers and I do go there myself.and as one of the comments made about bodybuilding is looking in mirrors thats why they have them.they are part of the training .so nic did you train there and not look in the mirror at least once ? And their are women there who train the same as some men ,

Gab
04-01-2014, 21:23
Gimnasio Flex Gym in Chayofa is very nice.
It is located in the country club Chayofa.
€30 for one month, its not very big but it has everything you need for a good workout.
Also for personal training this is the place to be, they have two prof.. trainers

twentyrowinn
29-01-2014, 09:52
I found you ... at last how are you ?? x

Brian Lewis
15-03-2014, 11:53

Go to Palm Mar Gym caters for lots of different people very friendly and cost effective