PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones Weather affecting internet signal

Emmity
07-04-2012, 21:01
Hi everyone, I am actually in England at the moment but am staying in touch with my husband via skype. We have a dongle and it usually works just fine but he says it is not connecting properly at the moment. Would anyone happen to know if this is due to the weather? Or is anyone else having problems?
Thanks

Vortex Wake
07-04-2012, 21:37
Weather can affect the cell signals , however the usual things that effect a 3g mobile internet dongle are down to cell transmitter capacity and poor / fluctuating signal due to terrain and marginal reception coverage.

Having just come back from camping, I understand the frustration of a mobile internet 3g signal dropping in and out for no apparent reason.

Try plugging in the USB dongle to a 3 or 5 meter extension lead. This allows you to place the dongle higher up, or near a window to gain better reception from the cell transmitter.

timmylish
08-04-2012, 02:31
These is no doubt than here on the Island when the rain we have been having comes along certain areas do suffer a drop in signal strength!

Jackie
08-04-2012, 09:06
These is no doubt than here on the Island when the rain we have been having comes along certain areas do suffer a drop in signal strength!

and electricity lol

tracy hampshire
08-04-2012, 10:07
i´ve got a dongle, and the signal is up & down like a prozzies draws at the moment rolleyes2:

Suej
08-04-2012, 10:39
and electricity lol

And TV!!!:wink2:

Jackie
08-04-2012, 10:42
And TV!!!:wink2:

Thank god for Kindles and candles:lol: