PDA

View Full Version : Parking near Hotel Beatriz Atlantis, Puerto de la Cruz

roosky
08-04-2012, 15:56
I have heard that parking is problematic in Puerto de la Cruz, and have been advised about the free carpark over by the sea wall in Calle de la Marina. But I've also read somewhere that there is also onstreet parking. We will be staying in the Hotel Beatriz Atlantis, which has horrendously expensive parking ! What is the situation in the streets round about there ?

Megaloo
08-04-2012, 16:19
I have heard that parking is problematic in Puerto de la Cruz, and have been advised about the free carpark over by the sea wall in Calle de la Marina. But I've also read somewhere that there is also onstreet parking. We will be staying in the Hotel Beatriz Atlantis, which has horrendously expensive parking ! What is the situation in the streets round about there ?

I am afraid parking is always at a premium around that particular area, there is parking just up from there in the shopping centre where Mercadona is but that is not cheap either. It is quite a walk from the harbour car park ( which is free) Also some people find spaces just up through the tunnel and walk back but it is a climb when you need your car.:devil2: I am surprised that the Hotel charge such high rates for parking,

katax
10-04-2012, 01:45
The walk from the harbour car park is about ten minutes,going through the old part of town,which is nice!!
There is always spaces and it is better to go straight there than driving round three times looking for somewhere to park,plus its free!

roosky
13-04-2012, 16:41
Thanks for the tips, folks - we've used the carpark at the sea wall, but it is indeed a good 20 min walk for me, about 12 mins for my faster husband. Very pleasant though, if not raining. Today we also found a space just beyond the tunnel, which is about half the distance, but of course not always available.
FYO, the Beatriz Atlantis Hotel is excellent, and we're very happy here. Free wifi, too ! The staff are very friendly, especially if you speak some Spanish, however badly. Food high quality and plenty of choice, even for a non-meat eater. The fish is superb !

Megaloo
13-04-2012, 18:25
So pleased you are happy and have managed to find a place through the tunnel, but it is a little climb up to get your car.

I have many happy memories of the Atlantis Hotel some years age before it was updated, what was nice they always kept their staff and they always remembered you when you returned. In fact only last month I bumped into the man who was the head waiter there about 20 years ago, retired now of course but I still recognised him which he was so pleased about.

roosky
13-04-2012, 21:59
Don't know if there was a waiter there called Vittorio when you were going, but he's now maitre d', and charming ! Helping me greatly with my Spanish, however bad I am !
We are considering coming back to this area in December (which I appreciate is very expensive) or January. What is the best way to go about renting an apartment for say a fortnight at that time of year, either in a complex or independently ? Is the weather considerable different between the north and the southat that time ?