PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Work wanted end of June in Tenerife

MaggiMay
08-04-2012, 16:47
I'm flying over 28th of June, would be looking to get straight into summer work really.

I have done alot of P.R/shot sales/glass collecting/waitressing/bar and restaurant/time share/reception work etc before, you name it.. I grew up just outside Malaga on the mainland and have spent a summer working in Marbella, so I am comfortable around the holiday buzz and working in that industry.

Like everywhere I understand it's impossible to promise work from another country, but there was any offers, suggestions or info floating, that would be helpful.

I am 21, and I speak spanish. Can forward anyone a C.V. if necessary, ring up or list my experience. I am a hard worker.
I'm considering being in Tenerife for a while so have no plans to grab a bit of work to sustain a holiday lifestyle, and then flake and go home after 5 minutes or anything

The drawback is that I am not able to come over until June 28th, and I know the season and jobs will be in full swing by this point. But this is a concrete date and I am serious and enthusiastic about jumping straight into work if possible!
So I figured anything is worth a try, you don't get anything unless you ask right? :wink2:

Would be grateful for any feedback or info!

Many thanks for your time,
Maggie :)

AL JAY
08-04-2012, 18:51
Welcome to the forum Maggie,Although work is scarce everywhere at the moment, you seem to have the right credentials for Tenerife,keep logging in regular and good luck with your move!

tonypub
08-04-2012, 18:59
just head down veronicas/starco and youll get a summer job soon enough,look the part n youll get a shot job,ching ching

christa
08-04-2012, 19:54
Welcome to the forum, what a lovely positive attitude you have, I don't doubt for a minute that you will find something very soon after you arrive in Tenerife. just like Tony says, but keep logging on here and I'm sure someone will keep you informed of any vacancies.

Good Luck.

cainaries
08-04-2012, 20:08
Question from the left field ... does Tenerife have a high season/low season ... and when are they? (Sorry to be so dumb).

Harmonicaman
08-04-2012, 20:16
Golfwise, yes. High season is the winter months and prices reflect that. But as for tourism, I'm not sure. It may be a bit busier in the summer but that is because of the school holidays spread over a 2 month period (approx).

tonypub
08-04-2012, 20:48
Question from the left field ... does Tenerife have a high season/low season ... and when are they? (Sorry to be so dumb).high season for the 16-30 crowd is mid june till mid august,busiest time down veronicas /starco

TenerifePool
08-04-2012, 20:50
I think there are different "high" seasons depending on the type of customer.

sunseeker
08-04-2012, 22:22
veronicas is packed in the summer. thats why tenerife is a all year island. golf and bowls in winter with the swallows and clubs in summer.