PDA

View Full Version : Other Young female hand tame cockatiel for sale

max
09-04-2012, 12:09
Young female hand tame cockatiel, doesn't talk yet, but is very good at whistling. She is being bullied by our other birds, hence feel re-homing is the best option €65, we paid €100 for her.
Would be an ideal pet for someone elderly as is not at all demanding but loves company. Her favourite foods are peas and sweetcorn, and she is happy to spend most of the day looking at herself in a mirror.
would consider swapping for another hand tame bird.

beekay
09-04-2012, 13:05
Bird going cheap then :eyebrows:

CIM
09-04-2012, 17:03
Does she need to be kept in a cage? Or can they flutter about the place?
I dont know much about birds...

YOUNG GOLFER
09-04-2012, 17:52
Does she need to be kept in a cage? Or can they flutter about the place?
I dont know much about birds...

We know that lol :tiphat::tiphat:

max
09-04-2012, 18:09
she needs to have a cage really as a base, but most of the time she sleeps on the top of it in front of the mirror. She is happy to spend most of the day out of her cage, but we have to limit it as the other birds pick on her.

cainaries
09-04-2012, 18:25
she needs to have a cage really as a base, but most of the time she sleeps on the top of it in front of the mirror. She is happy to spend most of the day out of her cage, but we have to limit it as the other birds pick on her.

What is she like with other animals, do you know? Like, dare I say it, cats and dogs?

max
09-04-2012, 19:22
we have a dog and she is fine with him, doesn't really take any notice of him, don't think she would be bothered about a cat, it would just be whether a cat would view her as dinner. The thing that interests her the most is food and as soon as you whistle to her she wants you to pick her up.

cainaries
09-04-2012, 21:43
we have a dog and she is fine with him, doesn't really take any notice of him, don't think she would be bothered about a cat, it would just be whether a cat would view her as dinner. The thing that interests her the most is food and as soon as you whistle to her she wants you to pick her up.

I thought OH would like her but he's rather worried the cats would, indeed, view her as dinner. Sorry!

KirstyJay
10-04-2012, 11:35
I was thinking about it... especially as she doesn't talk yet, so we could teach her to swear :D :lol: but we have cats too. :(

CIM
10-04-2012, 11:38
Where are you based as we might come and have a look at her.
Also, wouldn't be able to take her until next Monday as we are moving house this weekend.

cheery
10-04-2012, 12:40
I can recommend Cockatiels, i have had one for 23 years. They are a very social animal and don't like being on their own. He pulled all his feathers out when I lived on my own and was out all day. Got him a mate and he bullied the other one to death! Got him toys and he bit them to destruction. Likes being picked up and fussed and talks a lot and whistles. He seems to know when you should be up and about as he shrieks if you don't get up. Even on Sunday when I don't go to work! He is a great character but I am not looking forward to his passing as he has lasted longer than he should have. If I lived in Tenerife I would have gone for this like a shot, even though OH wants a cat.

Ian_N
10-04-2012, 17:46
What colour is it?

max
12-04-2012, 16:25
She's classed as pearl, I'll try and put a picture up.

Added after 17 minutes:

here goes.

Suej
12-04-2012, 17:15
Bird going cheap then :eyebrows:

She sounds a chirpy little thing!:devil: I hope she goes to a good home!!! C'mon CIM you know you want her!

CIM
12-04-2012, 17:51
I´ll take a look. I have pm´d the OP for their phone number.

Added after 7 Hours:

If the owner of the bird can message me their phone number I can go and see the bird tomorrow or Saturday.

max
13-04-2012, 08:47
I have sent a pm to you.

CIM
13-04-2012, 14:09
Thanks, I´ll give you a call tomorrow.

Tom & Sharon
13-04-2012, 14:32
Thanks, I´ll give you a call tomorrow.

That's babysitting out then, cos I can't stand birds, they give me the heebie geebies!