PDA

View Full Version : Bus Service San Eugenio Alto etc

Angusjim
09-04-2012, 12:54
Is there a reason that there is not a good local bus service perhaps using mini buses at the above areas. I would have thought it would be welcome and may help encourage people buy & rent in the area

Red Devil
09-04-2012, 14:01
Is there a reason that there is not a good local bus service perhaps using mini buses at the above areas. I would have thought it would be welcome and may help encourage people buy & rent in the area

I believe it is down to the bus company and council to decide and it depends on the number of residents who live there, the taxi mafia would have input also I would imagine, as they did after all manage to stop the running of the dedicated airport south bus.
Residents have been asking for a bus service in the Oasis del Sur area of LC for years but those hills are very lucrative!!

Harmonicaman
09-04-2012, 14:34
I believe it is down to the bus company and council to decide and it depends on the number of residents who live there, the taxi mafia would have input also I would imagine, as they did after all manage to stop the running of the dedicated airport south bus.
Residents have been asking for a bus service in the Oasis del Sur area of LC for years but those hills are very lucrative!!

The taxi mafia got bugger-all from me! 2 weeks I stayed in Los Diamantes II and I drank down the front every night and walked back up the hill every night too. :lol:

Red Devil
09-04-2012, 14:49
The taxi mafia got bugger-all from me! 2 weeks I stayed in Los Diamantes II and I drank down the front every night and walked back up the hill every night too. :lol:

Nah thats a doddle at night:lol: - it's a real test during the afternoon sun, no shade anywhere going up there!

junglejim
09-04-2012, 18:44
They do have a small bus service that runs up and down Adeje for the locals but they seem very reluctant to provide a service to the Altos - part of the problem is undoubtedly the Taxi mafia , also vey few people on the Padron will mean Ayuntamiento will take less notice as no votes in it!
They canīt even be bothered to put a bus stop between San Eugenio and Miraverde to save part of the long walk !

Ali.xx
09-04-2012, 23:43
Red Devil are you saying you can no longer catch a titsa bus from the south airport to playa de las Americas bus station?

Red Devil
10-04-2012, 09:13
Red Devil are you saying you can no longer catch a titsa bus from the south airport to playa de las Americas bus station?

No, not at all. The 111 from Santa Cruz - Las Americas stops outside the airport but trying to get on it at peak times is a complete joke. Apart from the bus having passengers on already when it arrives you have people trying to shove their suitcases into the under bus storage and then try to queue to get on the bus, chaos reigns.
For a very short spell there was actually a dedicated airport bus that ran frequently to PDLA with proper storage racks inside the bus for luggage but the taxi mafia quickly put a stop to that idea!
God forbid we have a tourist friendly bus service, unlike all other major resorts/airports

Angusjim
10-04-2012, 12:53
Seems crazy that transport policies on Tenerife can be swayed so much by the Taxi drivers :crazy:

karlburn
10-04-2012, 13:02
Seems crazy that transport policies on Tenerife can be swayed so much by the Taxi drivers :crazy:

Not really when you think about it, a better bus service means more un-employed drivers, i can see why they do it.

Angusjim
10-04-2012, 13:33
Not really when you think about it, a better bus service means more un-employed drivers, i can see why they do it.

Do you really think that the future transport policies of Tenerife should be agreed with / decided by the taxi drivers or should they be decided with a view to enhance the future prosperity of the island.

kathml
10-04-2012, 14:12
Quite a few police have close connections with the taxi drivers especially with the Granadilla taxi drivers who control the airport as Granadilla is the area the airport falls into

karlburn
10-04-2012, 17:30
Do you really think that the future transport policies of Tenerife should be agreed with / decided by the taxi drivers or should they be decided with a view to enhance the future prosperity of the island.

Less taxi drivers, less local wages, am i missing something?

bonitatime
10-04-2012, 18:03
Very few if the bus services in Tenerife make money
They are heavily subsidised by the Cabildo who are struggling desperately to pay the money they owe TITSA who are due to go into protected bankruptcy any day
I cant see them opening new Lines any day soon especially into an area where few people vote or have voting rights

Ali.xx
11-04-2012, 00:25
Im glad its not gone completely! You had me worried there! I think the bus service is great altho would be even better if it went up cardiac hill. Kills me every time. Im not sure how people manage all the time especially in the heat.