PDA

View Full Version : How can I find a bar for lease in Las Americas or Los Cristianos?

cheekstar
09-04-2012, 15:03
hi we are looking to lease a bar in either americas or christianos any details of available bars please let me know any price region on leasehold many thanks

Harmonicaman
09-04-2012, 15:50
Have a look here Tenerife bars for sale (http://tenerifebarsforsale.com/), bearing in mind I have no affiliation whatsoever to this company, and don't know whether it is any good or not.

cheery
09-04-2012, 16:57
Nooooooooooooo!

Don't do it, it will end in tears.

cheekstar
09-04-2012, 17:01
what will ???????

CIM
09-04-2012, 17:02
If you must try this then go on a rent only option.
Most people fail abysmally because a lot of the bars never have and never will make money - they just continuously change hands.
Read this thread thoroughly before you proceed:
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?337-Buying-a-bar-in-Tenerife

bonitatime
09-04-2012, 17:37
Look for something that is empty but try to have a location in mind not just look at available bars

golf birdie
09-04-2012, 18:41
walk into most bars and offer to buy it and after they get off their knees I would say you would be the proud new owner ;)

junglejim
09-04-2012, 18:48
Take a walk around Marina at Peurto Colon and watch the Tumbleweed roll by the bars -listen carefully and the noise you hear is the sound of your money slipping down the drain!

macdonald5
09-04-2012, 19:02
Take a walk around Marina at Peurto Colon and watch the Tumbleweed roll by the bars -listen carefully and the noise you hear is the sound of your money slipping down the drain!

Agreed.junglejim..

Have watched it for years

mike in chayofa
09-04-2012, 19:11
The question asked by the OP is ... HOW .... (not SHOULD I)

Please keep to the topic being discussed

Harmonicaman
09-04-2012, 19:15
The question asked by the OP is ... HOW .... (not SHOULD I)

Please keep to the topic being discussed

See post #2:D

Greg
09-04-2012, 20:10
I'm surprised your inbox isn't jammed full of skint owners looking for a way out and dodgey estate agents. Have a good look through this forum for some very important hints and tips. Good luck with what ever you do. Please keep your story alive by posting updates on here.

tonypub
09-04-2012, 21:09
best move i ever did make,could of been stuck down a coalmine for 18 years but i chose a bar in tenerife:tongue:

seanocelt
09-04-2012, 21:23
best move i ever did make,could of been stuck down a coalmine for 18 years but i chose a bar in tenerife:tongue:

Swopped coalmine for goldmine huh? To the original poster, (if you are serious), PM me and i will point you in the direction of a commercial agent that i think is realistic and helpful. You will find lots of choice, and will need to have an idea of your needs, and location.

macdonald5
09-04-2012, 21:44

Yes you'r right Tonypub it's all relative, Tenerife is not a picnic at minute due to financial decline but where is it much better???

Simon-M
09-04-2012, 21:55
I saw Porkies in the newspaper was for sale. Family reasons or something like that. Perhaps forum members might comment on that one as viable or not.

Red Devil
09-04-2012, 23:54
I saw Porkies in the newspaper was for sale. Family reasons or something like that. Perhaps forum members might comment on that one as viable or not.

Depends what you intend doing - as a cafe doing breakfasts and lunches is fine but if you want to sell ale all day long go to the other end of Apollo where the sun is. Never ever go round the other side where the (north)traffic is!!
Don<t consider the Apollo centre at night -dead as a dodo.
Look and study all the bars where they do well- theres Taylors and Manhattans around El Mirador, or work out why The Original Pier packs them in Fanabe

DOREEN QUINN
10-04-2012, 00:07
Depends what you intend doing - as a cafe doing breakfasts and lunches is fine but if you want to sell ale all day long go to the other end of Apollo where the sun is. Never ever go round the other side where the (north)traffic is!!
Don<t consider the Apollo centre at night -dead as a dodo.
Look and study all the bars where they do well- theres Taylors and Manhattans around El Mirador, or work out why The Original Pier packs them in Fanabe
Apolo Centre not that dead! amd actually we are doing fine' down the other end'. and have done for the last 11 years!
Yes the bar is for sale due to our retiement because of my ill health/

jack oakley
10-04-2012, 01:08
Walk into either resort look right, left, in front and behind you and you will find a multitude of establishments waiting for the next mug to try his/her hand at scratching a living. Unless you can afford to buy the freehold (which is nigh on impossible) forget it. The government of Tenerife shot the goose that laid the golden egg 5years ago aided and abetted by the All Inclusive Hotel owners.:devil2:

katax
10-04-2012, 02:02
If it is possible try and get some sort of job in a bar first and see what is what! Things are not always what they seem and every one wants too sell you the dream!!!! And location is very important sure the bar one street behind might be half the price but there is a reason for that,passing trade is very important!!

Red Devil
10-04-2012, 09:26
Apolo Centre not that dead! amd actually we are doing fine' down the other end'. and have done for the last 11 years!
Yes the bar is for sale due to our retiement because of my ill health/

Doreen, not criticising your restaurant at all, have eaten there many, many times and it is lovely but I consider yours as a daytime eating place mostly.

DOREEN QUINN
11-04-2012, 00:43
Doreen, not criticising your restaurant at all, have eaten there many, many times and it is lovely but I consider yours as a daytime eating place mostly.

Thanks Red Devil for your comments. yes we do great during the day but we do a very good night time meal trade too!!
On a lighter note, please consider the rents that are charged around El Mirador etc, it seems the going rate is €2500 to €3000 per month, add on electricity, wages, Hestoria charges, and many more ;' incidencials' and selling beer all day at €1 doesnt give you a big profit!! Area can be everything but to be successful means that a lot more thoughts have to be considered too. Any businessman will tell you to go with your own ideas, work hard andreap the benefits, and this is still possibe here in Tenerife if you plan accordingly.

seanocelt
11-04-2012, 02:06
Im not convinced the O.P. is for real . Anyone else? (look at other post re "Playerz Bar", and USA status..................Rat, smell, I. But hey, i asked for a PM, awaiting it .