PDA

View Full Version : Internet Internet deals living in Los Abrigos

Tam Rogers
09-04-2012, 19:43
Hi

I've just moved to Los Abrigos (from England) and I've been trying to sus out the best internet deal to get. I've been into Movistar and looked up some deals with Vodaphone and other networks and was wondering if you guys had any advice re the following...

1) Movistar have two deals on offer - one for c24euros, and one for 19.99euros (both up to 10MB/sec). I need fairly good internet in terms of uploading and downloading as I do a lot of work online (picture editing/graphic design/web design etc) so think I need a fairly comprehensive package. Even though the two deals on offer both offer the same speed I were told I "couldn't have the cheaper option as the line to our flat only goes up to 6MB/sec and not the required 10mb". I'm not sure I see why just because my line only goes up to 6MB I have to pay a *higher* rate. Does anyone else have experience with Movistar and know if they're likely to just be trying to make more commission out of me...?!

2) On an associated note, does anyone have any advice/experience with other networks?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Tam x

Harmonicaman
09-04-2012, 19:51
Hi

I've just moved to Los Abrigos (from England) and I've been trying to sus out the best internet deal to get. I've been into Movistar and looked up some deals with Vodaphone and other networks and was wondering if you guys had any advice re the following...

1) Movistar have two deals on offer - one for c24euros, and one for 19.99euros (both up to 10MB/sec). I need fairly good internet in terms of uploading and downloading as I do a lot of work online (picture editing/graphic design/web design etc) so think I need a fairly comprehensive package. Even though the two deals on offer both offer the same speed I were told I "couldn't have the cheaper option as the line to our flat only goes up to 6MB/sec and not the required 10mb". I'm not sure I see why just because my line only goes up to 6MB I have to pay a *higher* rate. Does anyone else have experience with Movistar and know if they're likely to just be trying to make more commission out of me...?!

2) On an associated note, does anyone have any advice/experience with other networks?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Tam x

Have a trawl through this thread Tam, it might help you choose... broadband (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?4816-What-Broadband-Provider-Do-You-Use-in-Tenerife-amp-What-Speed-Do-You-Get)

nath
09-04-2012, 20:28
Hi, At the moment we are living just outside Los Abrigos (La Mareta) and even though we pay for 10 MB internet it has not gone above 8.6 mb so far (download, upload only about 675 kb). This is with Movistar. But as far as I understand it, this won't be different with another provider due to Movistar owning the line. I can suggest cheaper options to you probably if I look into it but as far as I know they will still be using the Movistar line....
Don't use them for your mobile phone though!! There are cheaper providers available! Let me know if you want more info on that!

junglejim
09-04-2012, 21:12
My deal with Movistar shop in San Eugenio was for-up to 10Mb ( nearer 5MB) for 1 yr €19.90 +telephone line about €14 - giving free local, Spanish national calls .You have to pay for line as well.
I got it in January and have had no problems with ADSL , just a few calls frompeople trying to contact previous number owner but that´s died off now.
Try contacting KirstyJay on here I think she´s in the same line .

timmylish
10-04-2012, 01:43
My deal with Movistar shop in San Eugenio was for-up to 10Mb ( nearer 5MB) for 1 yr €19.90 +telephone line about €14 - giving free local, Spanish national calls .You have to pay for line as well.
I got it in January and have had no problems with ADSL , just a few calls frompeople trying to contact previous number owner but that´s died off now.
Try contacting KirstyJay on here I think she´s in the same line .

We,ve been on the same deal as above but for a good bit longer. No probs.at all and we live in the country! Although up to 10 mgps we get about 7,5/8,5 mgps and we have been told that it is impossible to get more than we do, in the South, with anyone. Yes fibre optic is just around the corned but again is not down here as yet so, in the meantime take the more expensive one to ensure the highest possible speeds available in Los Abrigos (we live not too far from).

Tam Rogers
10-04-2012, 17:18
Thanks for all your posts - has anyone specifically come across Movistar refusing to sell their lowest rate adsl tarrif to them because 6mb/sec is the maximum speed available for their property when 10mb/sec is required for that tarrif. Sounds a bit weird to me....?