PDA

View Full Version : Problems with logging on

Harley
12-04-2012, 09:54
Hello, this is Starling here. I'm already a member but my pc broke down last week and I can no longer log on to the forum. I can't even get through to a 'techie' on any pc, so I am having to use someone elses username to get my problem listed. Can anyone help please .....everyone on the Fun & Games will wonder where I've gone.
Thanks, Starling

Harley
12-04-2012, 10:21
I am trying to reply to a post but not being allowed for some reason? Al the pages is blue? anyone advise please?

TenerifeTeddy
12-04-2012, 10:51
I sounds to me like you have highlighted the whole page. You should be able to left click on it to take the highlight off, alternatively, leave the webpage and then come back to it.

Harley
12-04-2012, 10:57
Hello, this is Starling here. I'm already a member but my pc broke down last week, and although it's now been fixed I can no longer log on to the forum on mY pc or anyone else's.
I am entering correct username and password and can't even get through to a 'Forum Help Techie', so I am having to use someone elses username to get my problem listed.
Can anyone help please .....everyone on the Fun & Games will wonder where I've gone. Can you also let medman, willo-wisp, and primrose know as they are in my 'friends' section.
Thanks, Starling

TenerifeTeddy
12-04-2012, 11:01
I have moved your thread to Help and Assistance, and reported it to see if Admins can see if there are any problems with your account.

Can you tell us what error messages you are receiving when you try to log in, as the fact you had a problem with your PC would make no difference to you being able to log in from another.

Harley
12-04-2012, 11:02
I sounds to me like you have highlighted the whole page. You should be able to left click on it to take the highlight off, alternatively, leave the webpage and then come back to it.
Thank you, I'll give it a try.

Harley
12-04-2012, 11:06
Re. above....... Can anyone tell me where it's been moved to please?

Harley
12-04-2012, 11:16
Hi TT. Please help. the page stays blue when I try to reply. I have tried left clicking but to know avail. When I post new message like this one - just the top part is blue?

TenerifeTeddy
12-04-2012, 11:19
I moved it to here, (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?15500-Help-this-is-starling-here-i-can-no-longer-log-on) you can also find it by looking in "todays posts"

Harley
12-04-2012, 11:28
I've managed to reply to this message TT. Have you sorted my problem out yet......Starling

TenerifeTeddy
12-04-2012, 11:33
Sorry, but I am not sure then what the problem is, you are obvioulsy able to reply to and make new posts. No sure what effect the "blue" is having. Other mods should see this in due course and they may be able to suggest a solution. I have also asked admins to look at your account settings for Starling to see if there is a problem there.

Harley
12-04-2012, 11:45
Sorry, but I am not sure then what the problem is, you are obvioulsy able to reply to and make new posts. No sure what effect the "blue" is having. Other mods should see this in due course and they may be able to suggest a solution. I have also asked admins to look at your account settings for Starling to see if there is a problem there.

Thanks TT. I hope they can sort something out.

TenerifeTeddy
12-04-2012, 12:00
You had several threads all on the same subject, so I have merged them all together, so all the informatioin is in the same place

slodgedad
12-04-2012, 14:56
I have checked 'Starlings' profile and everything seems OK at this end.

Are you getting on to the Forum at all using the other account?

In other words hor far exactly are you getting?

Harley
12-04-2012, 15:43
:pray:
I have checked 'Starlings' profile and everything seems OK at this end.

Are you getting on to the Forum at all using the other account?

In other words hor far exactly are you getting?
Hi slodgedad. Still can't log on as Starling, can't access my pm's or anything. But other account working fine now. Apart from being unable to access Games in Arcade - but this could be because account is new?
Would love my own 'Starling' site back though

KirstyJay
12-04-2012, 21:36
Why can't you log on as your starling account? If you can't remember your password, then you can reset it via the login page, or use this link : http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/login.php?do=lostpw

slodgedad
13-04-2012, 01:46
Why can't you log on as your starling account? If you can't remember your password, then you can reset it via the login page, or use this link : http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/login.php?do=lostpw

Which is why I asked how far along the log in process do you get.

starling
13-04-2012, 16:02
Thank you all for your help :thanx: I am now back to my own self :crazy:

slodgedad
14-04-2012, 01:58
Thank you all for your help :thanx: I am now back to my own self :crazy:

Can you tell us what you did, for future reference?..:tiphat:

starling
14-04-2012, 10:13
Can you tell us what you did, for future reference?..:tiphat:
I could'nt access my account even though I was entering correct password. It wasn't resolved until Kirsty sent me a new password, which I used to gain access and then changed it to my regular one.
My main concern though - seeing you are asking 'for future reference' is the fact that I couldn't get access to anyone or anything, especially the 'help and assistance' until I had to log in under another username. Which I think could be avoided by TF giving access for problems like this.

Added after 10 minutes:

I couldn't access my account even though I was using correct password. It wasn't until Kirsty sent me a new one that I could log on, so I then changed the new password for my original one.
My main concern throughout this incident was the fact that I couldn't get access to anyone relating to Tenerife Forum - not even the 'Help & Assistance'. The only means I had of getting through was through another ID, which seems to me that if a lot of people are having same problems, there are going to be a lot of false new members? Perhaps this could be noted for future reference and hopefully amended so that at least one could access the Help & Assistance board.

Vortex Wake
14-04-2012, 13:36
Scroll to the bottom of this page and click the 'contact us' page http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/content.php?150-Tenerife-Forum-Contact-Form