PDA

View Full Version : Non residents' tax

LornaMck
13-04-2012, 19:32
Help!

We have recently purchased a property in Golf Del Sur at approximately €200k. We are aware that we have to pay a yearly non residents tax, but have been told vastly different costs for this. Can anyone tell me how the cost is worked out, roughly how much I will pay on a property of €200k and if my property is revalued on an annual basis.

Any other info on what I should expect in the way of local taxes would be greatly appreciated. I will only be living in Tenerife a maximum of three months per year.

Thanks

L

dotty1
14-04-2012, 17:15
thisCopy and paste link for any information you need. http://www.diana-mcglone.com/Non-Resident-Home-Owners-and-Annual-Property-Taxes.htm#Nonrestaxspain

atlantico
14-04-2012, 19:51
See if your Catastral Value has been updated since 1994 if the answer is yes the coefficient to use is 1.1 if the answer is no then use 2.
Multiply the Catastral Value by 1.1 or 2 (as above) per cent

Take this value and multiply by 24 per cent - (24.75% for income from the 1/1/2012 until end of 2013) that's how much deemed rental income tax you pay.

Example: Catastral Value 150,000 revised since 1994 = yes
x
1.1 % = 1650

x 24% = 396 euros tax payable

source = http://www.diana-mcglone.com

We pay about €270 on our apartment and €200 on our house, to give you an idea. Apartments are dearer than houses because of the facilities ie Pool etc

LornaMck
14-04-2012, 20:40
Thanks Dotty and Atlantico for the information - much appreciated. Glad I've found this forum, I will probably be asking lots of questions!!!

Cas
14-04-2012, 22:39
Thank you this info has been really useful.

Cas
15-04-2012, 12:32
Please can anyone tell me where I get the Modelo 210 Form from? I have looked at the Agencia Tributaria web site but on there is the old 7 page form. Do they give them out at the Hacienda?

atlantico
15-04-2012, 21:08
I think it's all changed again now ! They've changed the form, not sure if it's still called a 210, and moved it around the website to a different location. Spanish Government like to play 'hide & seek'. They do this every few years to keep us on our toes.

lucypickles
13-06-2012, 10:51
I think it's all changed again now ! They've changed the form, not sure if it's still called a 210, and moved it around the website to a different location. Spanish Government like to play 'hide & seek'. They do this every few years to keep us on our toes.

Thank you for posting this they always seem to make things difficult to find!

Bob C
17-06-2012, 00:29
Help!

We have recently purchased a property in Golf Del Sur at approximately €200k. We are aware that we have to pay a yearly non residents tax, but have been told vastly different costs for this. Can anyone tell me how the cost is worked out, roughly how much I will pay on a property of €200k and if my property is revalued on an annual basis.

Any other info on what I should expect in the way of local taxes would be greatly appreciated. I will only be living in Tenerife a maximum of three months per year.

Thanks
L
If it helps, I bought 5 years ago, on Mainland (costa Blanca north) paid 854 Euro each December.Became resident, now no December tax, Property normally revalued when resold, then CGT and Plus Valia tax. Tip buy "Living in Spain" book-- Must be the latest edition ( no "ex-pat bar talk" in it- just facts or see gestoria