imablue
13-04-2012, 22:32
Can i have Cappa Bleu..........?

Harmonicaman
13-04-2012, 22:42
Chicago Grey please...

Zara
13-04-2012, 22:42
I'll stick to the one I have already chosen elsewhere. Organised Confusion, :tongue:

tripadviser
13-04-2012, 23:08
In 35 years of betting on this race I never got a winner

Harmonicaman
13-04-2012, 23:17
In 35 years of betting on this race I never got a winner

me neither....gives the bookies a living though...

caroletenerife
14-04-2012, 00:10
I never watch this race, i think it should be banned:(

YOUNG GOLFER
14-04-2012, 00:27
I'll stick to the one I have already chosen elsewhere. Organised Confusion, :tongue:

Where have you chosen elsewhere....is it a good tip babe.

tizzywizzy
14-04-2012, 00:31
i want Shakalakaboomboom

Shugstar63
14-04-2012, 02:12
Ballabriggs

Six winners already at Aintree.............bring it on !

Zara
14-04-2012, 08:56
Where have you chosen elsewhere....is it a good tip babe.

William Hill, Camberley - I could get my daughter to put a bet on for you.

Leam_Lin
14-04-2012, 08:56
Can I have Alfa Beat.

Harmonicaman
14-04-2012, 11:05
Heres an interactive plan of the jumps and the course... Grand National (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horseracing/9202187/Interactive-Grand-National-course-guide.html)

Suej
14-04-2012, 16:16
I never watch this race, i think it should be banned:(

I agree Carole! Watching horses getting the c*** whipped out of them never mind the fatal casualties isn't my idea of fun to watch! the whole event makes me cringe!:(

9PLUS
14-04-2012, 16:28
Ill go for Zarion the under dog

primrose
14-04-2012, 17:08
I agree Carole! Watching horses getting the c*** whipped out of them never mind the fatal casualties isn't my idea of fun to watch! the whole event makes me cringe!:(

Two Horses killed, how can they call this sport.!!!!

Harmonicaman
14-04-2012, 19:04
I'm not being flippant here, honestly, but those horses are bred for those types of races. If the races didn't exist then neither would the horses because they would be no good for anything else. (Is it better to exist and die or not exist at all? ) Oooh, getting very profound here...

Suej
14-04-2012, 19:13
Two Horses killed, how can they call this sport.!!!!

OH watched it, his prerogative we don't all share the same views but two beautiful animals lay cold in their stalls while punters count their winnings!

Added after 3 minutes:

I'm not being flippant here, honestly, but those horses are bred for those types of races. If the races didn't exist then neither would the horses because they would be no good for anything else. (Is it better to exist and die or not exist at all? ) Oooh, getting very profound here...

LOL! very profound HM...Still doesn't make it right for me though! :sorry:

tracy hampshire
14-04-2012, 19:49
yes it is very sad, but these horses are treated like kings, they get the best of everything, i shudder to think what would happen to them if races like the grand national didnīt exist, there are far more horses die thruough crualty, over work & starvation than there is in horse racing, and without a doubt there would be a lot more without it.

primrose
14-04-2012, 20:02
yes it is very sad, but these horses are treated like kings, they get the best of everything, i shudder to think what would happen to them if races like the grand national didnīt exist, there are far more horses die thruough crualty, over work & starvation than there is in horse racing, and without a doubt there would be a lot more without it.

So are you saying two horses lying on a Race Track with broken legs and being shot is the best of everything.I shudder to think what they were feeling while they were led there waiting to be shot.

tracy hampshire
14-04-2012, 20:25
as i said it is sad, but things would be alot worse without the racing industry, i worked with horses for many years, & they do honestly love what they are doing, they get so excited as soon as they are being prepared at home, they know they are going racing, and when i say they get the best of eveything, you should see where they are kept, they live in better conditions & eat better food than many people, i have also seen the other side of the coin, with horses so thin & starving feet so over grown they are unable to walk, they also have to be shot, to put them out of there pain & free them from the miserable life they have led, & this sadly would be the outcome of most thouroughbreds without racing, so how ever cruel people think horse racing is it is probably better than the alternative.