PDA

View Full Version : Other Where can I get a screen replaced on a Lenovo ThinkPad in Tenerife?

crazychris
15-04-2012, 16:51
Hi does anyone know someone who can repair computers at a reasonable fee? my friends son needs his screen replacing on his Lenevo think pad, a repair shop quoted €100 which isn't worth it as the notebook only cost a bit more

Thanks

Suej
15-04-2012, 16:58
Hi does anyone know someone who can repair computers at a reasonable fee? my friends son needs his screen replacing on his Lenevo think pad, a repair shop quoted €100 which isn't worth it as the notebook only cost a bit more

Thanks

Have you tried Witzend? PM MrsTT!

grumps
15-04-2012, 17:03
Take a look on ebay...i don`t know what model it is but displays are £65 plus..so maybe not worth doing unless u can get a 2nd hand 1

TenerifeTeddy
15-04-2012, 18:42

Thanks

You haven't said what size or type of screen it is, but that quote seems about right. As an example, a 15 inch panel depending on whether it is a CCFL (LCD) screen or an LED screen, will cost between €55-85 with delivery to Tenerife, plus labour for fitting. If you don´t want to pay for a new screen it may be worthwhile seeing if you can buy a faulty model from Ebay or similar of the same type with a working screen.

You also haven't said what the problem with the screen is. Unless it physically damaged, with CCFL screens it can sometimes be the power inverter which fails, which is cheaper to replace than a new screen, but it would have to be checked by a techie to determine what the fault is.