PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Tenerife in 5 or 6 years

cheery
16-04-2012, 14:40
We would like to move to Tenerife in 5 or 6 years time. As a rough guide we would have £200,000 to live on. We only need a 2 bed apartment to rent on a residential complex. We would probably go out once a week to eat and possibly a beach a few times a week and have a small lunch. We will both be in our 50's then so not party animals. The capital sum will be topped up a few years after arrival with another £50-60,000 from pensions.

Is this realistic given some of the negative responses similar threads have received.

Aig
05-05-2012, 21:22
If you find a way to generate 5% annual return, you should be able to support the required lifestyle without delving into the principal amount.

Sal
05-05-2012, 21:41
We would like to move to Tenerife in 5 or 6 years time. As a rough guide we would have £200,000 to live on. We only need a 2 bed apartment to rent on a residential complex. We would probably go out once a week to eat and possibly a beach a few times a week and have a small lunch. We will both be in our 50's then so not party animals. The capital sum will be topped up a few years after arrival with another £50-60,000 from pensions.

Is this realistic given some of the negative responses similar threads have received.

Go for it cheery. Pretty sure you will find a good residential rental that won't drain your finances, then when you get your pension top-ups should be even more comfortable! :goodluck:

lapalma
05-05-2012, 21:51
Hi Cheery,I wish you all the best in your future thoughts but no one on this forum would be able to advise you with your goal being 5 or 6 years distant.I would think that it would be best for you to look at what is on offer right now !

Tenerife is a beautiful island with many places of interest as well as pubs,hotels,restaurants and places to stay.
I would advise you to look at today and let tomorrow come itself.Bering in mind that I love Tenerife but with an early stroke and now COPD it costs a lot to visit Tenerife.All the best.