PDA

View Full Version : Football Should Goal line technology be brought into the Premiership?

Suej
16-04-2012, 18:50
Isn't it really time that Goal line technology was brought in at least at Premiership and Major competition levels? Why is FIFA so against it? I only watch a little bit of Footy now and again but don't understand why technology that is now used in so many sports can't be brought into the game of football - it is the 21st Century! seems so perverse!:redcard:

beekay
16-04-2012, 19:48
Hi Suej.

Are you referring to the latest incident in the FA cup semi final yesterday between Spurs and Chelsea? I have a photograph of the goal line incident that shows exactly what happened.

Vortex Wake
16-04-2012, 20:26
Well, we have video cameras on the side of formula one cars and cameras in cricket stumps - so why not a camera in a football?

;)

AL JAY
16-04-2012, 20:41
With all the technology at our disposal its crazy that the fuddy duddies of EUFA and FIFA are dragging their feet over this one!!! Have an official in the stands with a direct mic to the referee,it would take seconds and would settle any disputes straight away! simples!

Suej
16-04-2012, 21:00
Hi Suej.

Are you referring to the latest incident in the FA cup semi final yesterday between Spurs and Chelsea? I have a photograph of the goal line incident that shows exactly what happened.

YES I am beekay! OH is a Spurs supporter and bent my ear all evening about it!:duh:

With all the technology at our disposal its crazy that the fuddy duddies of EUFA and FIFA are dragging their feet over this one!!! Have an official in the stands with a direct mic to the referee,it would take seconds and would settle any disputes straight away! simples!

What reasons do they give for not moving forwards though Al????

AL JAY
16-04-2012, 21:11
Im not sure Sue,i think they must think it is taking away the responsibility of the Ref! Just read on a football forum that the F.A are going to have a dialogue with Eufa in the summer to implement it asap in the Premier league!

imablue
16-04-2012, 21:45
:hide:Probably wont affect us though AL... we don,t get up the pitch that far ....

primrose
16-04-2012, 22:32
Yes it should be brought in but all the technology in the world wouldn't help us. we need a miracle.:doh:

dokgolf
16-04-2012, 22:44
Yes it should be brought in but all the technology in the world wouldn't help us. we need a miracle.:doh:

True:respect:

Surely a chip can be placed inside a ball which would trigger an "alarm" once it passed over the goal line???? No need for replays, video cameras etc?

Brian
17-04-2012, 10:15
It works well in Rugby, but would football fans accept it as there would be less to moan at the Ref about:spin::spin:

jackblackhead
07-05-2012, 18:57
It will ruins the game. I don't like we play football and the AI tell us what's right and what's wrong!