PDA

View Full Version : What are rental prices like in North Tenerife?

tracy hampshire
16-04-2012, 21:08
me & the OH have been for a wander round icod los vinos today ( or should i say hike, very hilly) basicly looking at rental prices, can we get a better deal there than puerto de la cruz, both of us have spent time there before & love the area, well i was pleasantly suprised, in san marcos we saw avdvertised a studio with sea veiws 250 euros a month all included & a 2 bed apartment with kitchen dining area, lounge & 2 balconys 360 all included, as well as several 2 & 3 bed apartments in icod for around 350 a month, waiting to here about a 1 bed with roof terrace for 250 a month all included, so anyone who fancies a life away from the hustle & bustle, take a look up north, you might be suprised :lol:

Nafnut
16-04-2012, 21:44
Really wish we could move there, I'm spending alot more time there recently and have totally fallen in love with it but with me and my hubby having jobs (and childs school) in the south the difference in rent wouldn't cover the fuel bills and time. Fingers crossed one day maybe, happy hunting it's truly stunning there.

dixie4
17-04-2012, 03:01
I love San Marcos but it is just nice to visit for the afternoon.
Sadly it is a place that has just not developed as the planners wanted.
If you have a property there to sell no one wants to buy and if you rent out you virtually have to charge peanuts[ It also seems to be in an almost permanently cloudy area which can get you down.

Megaloo
17-04-2012, 10:10
I agree with dixie4 San Marcos is nice just to visit for the afternoon or a Fish and Chip lunch but I think I would find it too far to live, especially if you have not got a car, OK if you can jump in the car maybe.

ICod is perhaps a bit different you have some shops, but I have a friend who lives there and spends most of her time coming into Puerto?

Just an opinion, but I think you have to ask youself why rentals are less than half the price of many apartments in Puerto especially in the Botanical or La Paz areas.

tracy hampshire
17-04-2012, 13:32
i find icod much better for shopping than puerto, lots of lovely little shops, and cheaper than puerto for food, as satellete says, locals donīt pay daft prices, if i want to buy something nice for a gift, i jump on the bus to icod, the shops in puerto are very much the same, full of tourist rubbish, it has 2 mercadona, 2 hiper dino & alteza, all bigger than the stores here, also just opened a big shopping centre near the bus station, seems to be quite a bit of money being spent there, maybe someone knows something we donīt x

Megaloo
17-04-2012, 15:59
It is only an opinion, from a friend who wishes she lives in Puerto . But maybe it is not just the shops she is on about.?

because the locals dont pay daft prices for renting in tourist area . you can WALK 20 mins from la paz and get a 3 bed house for €300 a month i know lots of us working age people who live in old houses inc myself

You must walk pretty fast Satellite :devil:

tracy hampshire
17-04-2012, 17:48
megaloo, i can understand people wanting to live in puerto, especially if you have friends here, just looking for value for money, both out of work, although i get ayuda,very few jobs here for either of us, but OH will have more chance of getting some work in icod, he lived there for 11 years so has plenty of contacts, plus icod is where i used to go, before moving to tenerife so have plenty of friends there, lead a quite life so wonīt miss the bars here, i hope to save nearly 100 euros a moth by moving, whats the old saying look after the pennies ..............

Megaloo
17-04-2012, 19:20
I agree with what you are saying Tracy one has to cut their cloth? whatever the saying is. I wish you luck and hope you get the flat that you want. I do like Icod also but did not consider living there when we came I suppose it was because I was always visiting Puerto. Also now I have to consider age etc. All right for you youngsters.

tracy hampshire
17-04-2012, 22:08
a wise move do0 you have a house to sell in the south if so get rid of it double quick ... no house to sell, just renting in puerto, so can just up & leave , never bought because of the work situation, didnīt want to find myself with a house & no job or money to live on, & unable to sell, left all my cash in england & brought enough to keep me for a while, that way it wonīt be wasted, & iīve never been tempted to live the high life here x

tracy hampshire
17-04-2012, 22:21
well when you are settled give me a shout and i will sort out your english tv via the internet ... havenīt watched it for 3 years & definately donīt miss it lol

Nafnut
17-04-2012, 22:59
I didn't watch it for about 5 years then got the opportunity to catch up with Eastenders and Corrie and god damn it I'm hooked again. Stick to your guns, no English TV!!