PDA

View Full Version : Where can I hire an automatic car in south Tenerife?

Apollo
12-06-2011, 17:36
Hi all
Does anyone know of anyone who rents automatic cars?
Thanks in advance

garlicbread
12-06-2011, 18:07
You could always phone and ask, here's a few numbers

Autoreisen 922392216
Cicar 902244444
Niza 922792919
Gold car 922397040

and they all have websites

Apollo
12-06-2011, 18:22
Thanks
Not many are offering 1 day hire though, at least not for anything less than €42.

Ashro Autos
12-06-2011, 18:54
What day do you need it and will make a few calls in morning

Apollo
12-06-2011, 18:56
Thanks so much

I need it Tuesday. from around 9/9.30am til around 5

:)

markcuk
12-06-2011, 20:43
i got mine through tenerife sunshine

Apollo
12-06-2011, 21:34
How much did you pay? If you dont mind me asking? All the ones I have looked at through companies seem very expensive. I need it to travel to work for the day and as it stands, Im going to be coming home with about 5 euros after I have paid for the car.

markcuk
13-06-2011, 11:40
tenerife sunshine got my car through http://www.tjcarhire.com/ they pick up and deliver

Mine was pretty expensive I would of got the car through Autoreisen but you need to held your licence for 3 years!!

Apollo
13-06-2011, 16:38
Thanks Mark

Just a bit too pricey for me unfortunately

Ashro...did you manage to get any luck?

Thanks

Ashro Autos
13-06-2011, 19:30
Had no luck with car at min but still waiting for a couple of replies

Apollo
13-06-2011, 22:08
Thanks Mark, please let me know. :)

On another note - I love the way the mods assume I want one in South Tenerife.

garlicbread
13-06-2011, 22:13

I don't know you nor do I know where you are located, have I guessed wrong? Either way it would help if you (and others) indicated their location in their profile.

slodgedad
13-06-2011, 22:14

I edited it to try to help

I assumed as that's where you live. Your original post just Automatic car wanted, so it could have meant anything.

We are only here to help. Without thread title changes half the queries would only ever be answered by trollers.

Most serious members will only open a thread that they think they can contribute to or help with advice.

tenerifechris
13-06-2011, 22:47
I always use Auto Reisen, at Tenerife South Airport. You can drive the car then straight from the airport, and return the car to the airport. Reasonable rates too, bearing in mind an automatic car is never in the first bracket of prices whereever you go!

atlantico
14-06-2011, 00:07
Thanks
Not many are offering 1 day hire though, at least not for anything less than €42.

Hang on ! You want an Automatic car, for just 1 day, and €42 is too expensive ?

You looking for a bike ?

You want it cheaper, say €39 ??

Would you buy a car, insure it, maintain it, advertise it . . . . . for just €41 a day ?

any company who did it for less would be broke within the year . . . . . I spend more on a meal out !!

Tojack
14-06-2011, 00:29
But 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.If it's not on hire and parked up all day.

with cheese
14-06-2011, 09:03
I edited it to try to help

I assumed as that's where you live. Your original post just Automatic car wanted, so it could have meant anything.

We are only here to help. Without thread title changes half the queries would only ever be answered by trollers.

Most serious members will only open a thread that they think they can contribute to or help with advice.
So please define Troller, many of us have a good laugh but also contribute far more than any others to serious or info threads.
If it is a boring forum like many others that is required I and many others will be happy to bugger off, not.
Truth is many of the threads have some funny trolled comments that encourage others to read and post and when the thread gets past its sale by date it turns to a comedy script.

Zara
14-06-2011, 09:55
I gotta agree this forum is becoming quite hard work with the number of rules we are being told we should post by
a) title of post must be just so
b) location on our profile
c) only open a thread that they think they can contribute to or help with advice.

What happened to the fun element.

Now before I am moved to OT, Apollo, I wish you had said before we left that you needed a car. If by any chance we get back on Monday, you can borrow ours for the day - just charge the insurance fee for adding you as the driver. Phone me on Monday to see if I am home.

with cheese
14-06-2011, 13:11
I gotta agree this forum is becoming quite hard work with the number of rules we are being told we should post by
c) only open a thread that they think they can contribute to or help with advice.

Now before I am moved to OT, Apollo, I wish you had said before we left that you needed a car. If by any chance we get back on Monday, you can borrow ours for the day - just charge the insurance fee for adding you as the driver. Phone me on Monday to see if I am home.
That was an automatic response for someone of your CALIBRE

nurse ratchet
14-06-2011, 15:43
[QUOTE=Zara;15198]I gotta agree this forum is becoming quite hard work with the number of rules we are being told we should post by

Before I upset someone is the above in the rules of the Forum and if so where do I go to read them?

Red Devil
14-06-2011, 17:43
[QUOTE=Zara;15198]I gotta agree this forum is becoming quite hard work with the number of rules we are being told we should post by

Before I upset someone is the above in the rules of the Forum and if so where do I go to read them?

Blimey we've only been going again a couple of weeks and already people are jumping on every little thing the mods do or say.
It didnt start off as "only open a thread etc" as an actual forum rule, it originally said "most serious members will only open a thread etc etc".
Just relax everyone - if you don't like the forum and it's rules you do have a choice of whether to use it or not.:)

Apollo
15-06-2011, 12:11

You looking for a bike ?

Would you buy a car, insure it, maintain it, advertise it . . . . . for just €41 a day ?

any company who did it for less would be broke within the year . . . . . I spend more on a meal out !!

I would use a bike if I didnt have a broken foot.
And yes, to me €42 is too expensive. I dont expect to be judged on that. I have very little money right now. Im so pleased that you are able to afford to go out and eat for that, I cant remember the last time I could.
When I was only going to be bringing in about €60 anyway, by the time I have stuck fuel in I come out with nothing.

Thanks Zara, and so sorry for not having replied to this. I have only just seen it. Thank you for your kind offer though, really apppreciate it :)

carpenter
15-06-2011, 12:53

You looking for a bike ?

Fact 30% Unemployment in the Canary Islands
Fact Average monthly wage in the Canary Islands €1000 (that's €50 per day)
€50 a day earnings minus €42 car hire = €8
Fuel per Day €10

You work it out! But I make that a loss of €2
€42 is a reasonable rate for holiday makers but as a resident and member of this forum you would like to think that someone out there would see this as an opportunity to help someone and make a little bit of cash.

The last van I hired through the forum cost me €200 p/m and another friend hires cars out for €10 p/d but she doesn't have any autos.
So you carry on with you meal out and stop posting useless information

howard thornton
15-06-2011, 12:58
Fact 30% Unemployment in the Canary Islands
Fact Average monthly wage in the Canary Islands €1000 (that's €50 per day)
€50 a day earnings minus €42 car hire = €8
Fuel per Day €10

You work it out! But I make that a loss of €2
€42 is a reasonable rate for holiday makers but as a resident and member of this forum you would like to think that someone out there would see this as an opportunity to help someone and make a little bit of cash.

The last van I hired through the forum cost me €200 p/m and another friend hires cars out for €10 p/d but she doesn't have any autos.
So you carry on with you meal out and stop posting useless information
bloody well said chippy.couldn't agree more.