PDA

View Full Version : Other How much, if anything, can you drink & then drive in Tenerife?

fesdie
16-04-2012, 23:08
Is it acceptable in Tenerife to have a glass of wine with your dinner and then drive or is that a no no?

Loaded
16-04-2012, 23:15
Have a whole bottle or perhaps two, so long as no one stops you it's cool.

Ahem , what do YOU think???

fesdie
16-04-2012, 23:27
Thanks for that, I read somewhere that there is zero tolerance on any drink and driving so just thought I'd ask! :lol:

Added after 2 minutes:

Thanks for that, I read somewhere that there is zero tolerance on any drink and driving so just thought I'd ask! :lol:
Wrong smiley, sorry!

YOUNG GOLFER
16-04-2012, 23:34
Drink as much as you want and grab a Merc or BMW taxi to take you home in style for a few euros.

fesdie
16-04-2012, 23:40
Just wanted to go and try some new restaurants further afield and wanted to know where we stand. Never drive if we going out for dinner but wanted to consider it as an option. Thanks for your reply

YOUNG GOLFER
16-04-2012, 23:50
Dont forget the heat here will make a difference........have a good time.

fesdie
16-04-2012, 23:56
Always do :-)

Arona1
17-04-2012, 01:38
Is it acceptable in Tenerife to have a glass of wine with your dinner and then drive or is that a no no?

Depends on the size of the glass.................

Jackie
17-04-2012, 06:56
If you want to drink anything then don't drive...my son lost his best friend and his girlfriend in a car accident at the the age of 21 due to a driver who claimed he'd 'only had the one'...sorry but I have zero tolerance for driving with any amount of drink in your system, I've seen the devastation it causes first hand.

tracy hampshire
17-04-2012, 08:03
ask the local police, who are always sat in local bars with cars/ bikes parked up, drinking a coffee & a brandy :wink2:

9PLUS
17-04-2012, 08:56
0.5 mg per ml which equates to around one small beer

cheers

x

Balcony
17-04-2012, 09:03
I had this same question run through my mind, as we often lunch with a friend when we're out and he'll drink and drive home.

Maybe something for the future in Tenerife?: France has recently introduced a law (from July 1st - but police say they may not full enforce until later in the year) that requires all drivers to carry a certified breathaliser at all times.

Here's a money spinner. YOU will pay the cost of the test. YOU will pay if you don't pass. Plus, you will pay if you don't have a breathaliser in the car. Nice potential earner! Will it be exported?

Approved for France breathalisers available on Amazon. I think the limit is the same in Spain as it is in France.

9PLUS
17-04-2012, 09:18
I think the limit is the same in Spain as it is in France.

Correct....

samnickgodber
17-04-2012, 09:50
IMO None,,, you have 1 drink you walk or get a taxi, you have 10 drinks you stagger or get a taxi, i´m with Jackie on this one,,,,,

Shazedens
18-04-2012, 17:58
Well said Jackie - zero tolerance all the way! If you can't say no when driving then you should not take the car!
I am a nurse who has spent many a night in the emergency department with devastated families who have been ripped apart by thoughtless idiots who think they are capable of having 'just a couple' then driving home.
I can't wait until the world wakes up and makes it zero tolerance for both drink and drugs........prescription or otherwise, that affect reasoning, reaction times etc., so many wasted lives and not normally the **** head either!

If you want to drink anything then don't drive...my son lost his best friend and his girlfriend in a car accident at the the age of 21 due to a driver who claimed he'd 'only had the one'...sorry but I have zero tolerance for driving with any amount of drink in your system, I've seen the devastation it causes first hand.