PDA

View Full Version : Autoreisen car hire - what cars do they have?

highflyer
17-04-2012, 01:58
Hi all. First time poster :ashamed:

Im going to book autoreisen car hire for may this year. I'm looking at the Seat Altea.

Does anyone know what fleet cars they have.

Last year we booked I think it was the ford focus estate, it was a heap of junk, no power and really struggled heading up to the north on the hills.

Some of the cars were newer, or new, but I can't remember what some of them were.we couldn't really take it all in.

I know they give a list of fleet cars on the web, but am aware that doesn't mean much, only typical size style of car, not the actual car your getting.

I don't want to be caught out late at night again with 2 small tired children and end up with a piece of crap.

Thanks

dixie4
17-04-2012, 02:39
You do take a chance with the car quality from Autoreisen.
I have rented many times from them as they are cheap and have a simple policy on fuel, deposits and insurance. I did have a newish car once! Usually the car is scuffed and dented and usually supplied with a dirty interior. But always, for me that is, mechanically reliable.
5 cars have new cars and compare very well on price and their fuel policy and insurance is the same as Autoreisen. The down side is that their booking procedure is done in the car park and takes longer.

Added after 9 minutes:

I meant to add that the cars they have are all sorts. I have usually been 'upgraded' to something other than the car I booked. I have booked an Ibiza and recieved a Fiesta, I have booked a Cordoba and received the tattiest Skoda estate you ever saw. In its defence it drove fantastically smooth and very economical.

highflyer
18-04-2012, 14:12
You do take a chance with the car quality from Autoreisen.
I have rented many times from them as they are cheap and have a simple policy on fuel, deposits and insurance. I did have a newish car once! Usually the car is scuffed and dented and usually supplied with a dirty interior. But always, for me that is, mechanically reliable.
5 cars have new cars and compare very well on price and their fuel policy and insurance is the same as Autoreisen. The down side is that their booking procedure is done in the car park and takes longer.

Added after 9 minutes:

I meant to add that the cars they have are all sorts. I have usually been 'upgraded' to something other than the car I booked. I have booked an Ibiza and recieved a Fiesta, I have booked a Cordoba and received the tattiest Skoda estate you ever saw. In its defence it drove fantastically smooth and very economical.

Thanks.

I may have had that tatty estate,:crazy:

I'm of course not bothered if its scratched etc, just fancy one that is newish and drives well, last was really had no power behind it and struggled to move.

I'll take the chance with an Altea.

barryk
21-04-2012, 11:30
Just refuse the old Renault Twingos they have. I had one the previous year and left the sun roof open. When I returned there was a matress sticking out of the top

Barryk

sharpy
21-04-2012, 11:59
As stated it is hit and miss but usually mechanically sound. I been using them for 6 years. Once i couldn't start the car in the morning within 30 mins they delivered me another. Good service.
Last year I had a skoda estate it surprised me how powerful it was even though it had a few miles on the clock.