PDA

View Full Version : Finance Better keep an eye on your neighbours...

Ed3229
17-04-2012, 08:19
http://money.aol.co.uk/2012/04/16/the-scandal-of-benefit-frauds-abroad/?icid=maing-grid7|uk|dl4|sec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D104728

:nono::nono::nono::nono:

Vortex Wake
17-04-2012, 09:04
What's new ? There are people on this forum who say they claim UK heating allowance or have a foot in the door to allow UK health benefits despite living and working abroad.

primrose
17-04-2012, 11:23
You don't claim Heating Allowance it is given to everybody who is living in the EU if you qualify , if you were getting it before you moved abroad you qualify, and Disability Living Allowance is an exportable Benefit and has been since the EU ruled it was a sickness benefit.

timmylish
17-04-2012, 12:57
Aye, but people like me with genuine disorders get no assistance whatsoever from the UK Govt. following recent changes. So after all the money I paid into the Social system in the UK I,m expected to live with no income at all! Beat that then.

Balcony
17-04-2012, 13:26
I read the same article on AOL and I have to say how appalled I am that so many are reported to be flouting the system....but am I surprised? No, of course not.

I think there may be people who genuinely claim a benefit who don't realise that they should not be doing so. Ignorance is no defence, but it happens.

Part of the problem - as many of you will know - is there are so many illegals in Tenerife i.e. people who should be registered as resident and are not. Some of the same people form the backbone of illegal workers - doing jobs and paying no tax.

This says as much about the EU system as it does about the British/Spanish Govts.