PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this going a bit too far to lose weight?

KirstyJay
17-04-2012, 22:21
I know people like to look nice for their wedding, but isn't this going a bit too far?! :eek:

Every woman wants to look her best on her wedding day. All eyes (and camera phones) will be focused on her as she teeters down the aisle on brand new heels or attempts to look elegant while being fed a crumbling hunk of wedding cake. There was a time when brides prepped with a spa day and professional makeup and hair styling; now, according to a report by the New York Times, they are turning to extended juice fasts and radical weight loss plans such as the K-E Diet which involves being administered a mere 800 calories a day through a tube that runs from the nose through the esophagus and into the stomach. And like marked-up wedding dresses and exorbitant caterers, it all comes with a hefty price tag....

Read more here : http://shine.yahoo.com/the-thread/brides-8217-extreme-wedding-preparations-nose-tube-diet-173800919.html

How far would you go to lose weight?

tracy hampshire
17-04-2012, 22:27
cut down my wine intake by one mouthful a day, no on second thoughts iŽll give half my biscut that i get with my baraquito to my dog x

marbro8
17-04-2012, 22:42
I know people like to look nice for their wedding, but isn't this going a bit too far?! :eek:

Read more here : http://shine.yahoo.com/the-thread/brides-8217-extreme-wedding-preparations-nose-tube-diet-173800919.html

How far would you go to lose weight?but why have it through the nose when putting it through the mouth is exactly the same, they both lead to the same place:dontknow: unless they think that administering it through the nose will put you off eating at all:spin:

KirstyJay
19-04-2012, 21:08
No idea to be honest... seems like another over the top fad to me!!! :eek:

Margaretta
20-04-2012, 00:02
What about the fiance? I'm sure there would be some friction between the couple if she spends the last days in their single status with a tube through her nose and throat. I'm sure the partner would be wondering where priorities lay.
To answer the question, even we oldies need to look good sometimes and something strong and elasticated, worn next to the skin from M and S would probably be an enhancement on the big day! Then I suppose the partner would have the joy of an explosion of patterned skin after the event. Whoops, sorry, too much information!
I believe in being oneself, making a bit more effort than usual with clothes, shoes, hair, make-up and jewellery and enjoying the day. Oh.....but don't stand sideways for the photos!

chifleta
20-04-2012, 15:54
that's just crazy... I hate all these "fad" diets/regimes/tortures .... at the end of the day, we need learn to control our portion sizes, control how much naughty foods we eat, and decide that if we are prone to weight gain, we're basically going to have to eat (not diet, diets are short term) sensibly at least 5 out of 7 days of the week for the rest of our lives.... like I have done.

I've lost a LOT of weight, through following Weight Watchers (which works for me) and lots exercise over the last 2 and half years - i'm so close to my final goal weight that I can smell it (though that may be too much brocolli :crylaughing:), and i'll tell you, it's not easy, but the feeling you get for all the effort and willpower and how fit I feel (fitter than when I was in my teens... and i'm in my 40s now) is amazing :spin: .....

fad diets? PAH! give me a slice of pizza and a big salad thankyouverymuchly.

YOUNG GOLFER
20-04-2012, 16:27
Think anyone wanting to shed a few pounds need to think about it long term rather than a quick fix.......after all a few of us are overweight and it has taken years to put it on so expect it to take as long or longer to get it off.
A good diet not too much booze plenty of water a good nights sleep and some form of exercise.Walking is more or less the best for me and swimming too..... it's not to hard and you can enjoy it.

Medman
20-04-2012, 16:50
So you've always been a fat bloke ? :D

YOUNG GOLFER
20-04-2012, 17:05
So you've always been a fat bloke ? :D

2 things fat on me one is my tummy the other is ..........

Medman
20-04-2012, 17:15
2 things fat on me one is my tummy the other is ..........

Yeh your wallet, I know ! :respect: Sorry, it was supposed to be a reply to Satellite when he said he was the same weight today as he was when he was 25 !! :D:doh:

Debbie_22
31-12-2012, 13:50
That diet is insane, and so unhealthy.
Just sensible eating in moderation is generally the best. And not to deny yourself something just because your on a 'diet' as you'll end up slipping off the wagon, then giving into cravings tenfold.
However this person was desperate to lose the weight for the wedding day. Once that wedding cake was eaten all the weight lost would have been gained!!!

TIGER LILY
01-01-2013, 11:20
Been one of those women who go up and down all my life.As long as your weight not life threatening then just try not to be eating naughty stuff every day but otherwise forget about it and enjoy your life. Only here the once so make the best of it.

r.rolly
12-12-2014, 08:15
My wedding was 6 months ago. Before my Marriage I started to losing my weight. I used to exercise daily. I also went to morning walk and took low calories food.

kingbaker
12-12-2014, 08:59
Yeah and you've been in an institution for 6 months:p:p