PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgraded!

admin
17-04-2012, 23:47
I will be upgrading the forum to the latest Vbulletin version in about 5 minutes. As always, this should be a painless process and the forum should only be switched off for about 10 minutes, but if there are any problems I will post on the Facebook page.

admin
18-04-2012, 00:12
Upgrade finished! As always, there may be conflicts with the old plugins and the new software, although I did upgrade all the plugins to their latest version first to try and keep any problems to a minimum, however if you come across a glitch, please post a reply to this thread, or use the contact form (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/content.php?150-Tenerife-Forum-Contact-Form). :)

Zara
18-04-2012, 00:43
I canīt get rid of the sidebar. I click to expanded view, then when I change to next page it reverts back so I see all the stuff down the side (currency converter / radio etc) click to remove read thread then back to what's new - back to half screen of thread half screen of crud.

primrose
18-04-2012, 00:47
I canīt get rid of the sidebar. I click to expanded view, then when I change to next page it reverts back so I see all the stuff down the side (currency converter / radio etc) click to remove read thread then back to what's new - back to half screen of thread half screen of crud.

Me too, but can't get rid of mine at all.

Suej
18-04-2012, 10:45
Thanks for the info! but how do I get rid of the tab on the right hand side everytime I get rid of it it comes back again!:thanx:

dede
18-04-2012, 11:03
Yep the same for me just keeps going back to the small version:crying2:

Suej
18-04-2012, 11:35
Yep the same for me just keeps going back to the small version:crying2:

I only use half the screen for the Forum so now the small version is tiny! :eek:

admin
18-04-2012, 11:56
Thank you, the sidebar issue has been noted and I'm looking into it, so it does not need to be reported by anyone else. :)

If there are any other issues, then it would be useful to know what they are too.

Thanks

admin
19-04-2012, 11:16
The sidebar should now be fixed. I take it by the lack of other reports, everything else is working ok...?

primrose
19-04-2012, 11:21
The sidebar should now be fixed. I take it by the lack of other reports, everything else is working ok...?

Sidebar is not fixed on mine and had problems trying to post on Drop One Add One.

Zara
19-04-2012, 11:32
Sidebar not fixed on mine either :(

admin
19-04-2012, 11:45
What browser are you using and have you cleared your cache, as it's working fine on Firefox.

Zara
19-04-2012, 11:46
Yes cleared cache / cookies cleared everyfink ... using Google Chrome.

Eh! sneaky, just realised it is now working fine so whatever you tweaked worked !!! :thanx:

Suej
19-04-2012, 11:48
Using Firefox and all Ok...side bar does not reappear! :thanx:

primrose
19-04-2012, 11:50
Still getting broad blue band down the side and then goes to full size.Using Firefox.

Malteser Monkey
19-04-2012, 11:55
all hunky dorey here

Added after 37 minutes:

oops keep getting this now

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit or since forums have been marked read.

Added after 1 44 minutes:

this is still happening

Medman
20-04-2012, 10:17
Scores not being accepted on Arcade

primrose
20-04-2012, 10:22
Scores not being accepted on Arcade

Post Count not going up on Drop One Add One, and still getting broad blue band down one side before it goes to full size.

Suej
20-04-2012, 10:23
all hunky dorey here

Added after 37 minutes:

oops keep getting this now

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit or since forums have been marked read.

Added after 1 44 minutes:

this is still happening

Isn't that just to let us know that no new posts have been added? That's what I took it to be! Morning Monkey!:wave:

primrose
20-04-2012, 10:28
Re Arcade-- getting this message when trying to submit score..vBulletin Message
Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
Tenerife Forum

Malteser Monkey
20-04-2012, 10:41
Isn't that just to let us know that no new posts have been added? That's what I took it to be! Morning Monkey!:wave:

Yes but it only came up when you logged out and in again. It just appears from time to time now

It's just come up now when I refreshed the screen

starling
20-04-2012, 11:29
Re Arcade-- getting this message when trying to submit score..vBulletin Message
Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
Tenerife Forum
Same for me..... I have reported it but had no reply.

KirstyJay
20-04-2012, 11:30
this is still happening
It's supposed to happen ;)

primrose
20-04-2012, 11:38
Why is the post count not going up on all my posts on here number of posts says 965 and I am still getting the broad blue band down the side before it goes to full screen.

Suej
20-04-2012, 11:38
I have noticed that some threads there is no "Edit" button? Can that be fixed please? I noticed balcony also mentions this but on another thread:confused:

KirstyJay
20-04-2012, 11:41
Why is the post count not going up on all my posts on here number of posts says 965 and I am still getting the broad blue band down the side before it goes to full screen.
Primrose :

a) you only have to report things once, and
b) things cannot be done instantly. Deal with it for now, as it's not stopping you post is it? ??? We all have jobs too, so things get attended to when they can.

KirstyJay
20-04-2012, 11:42
I have noticed that some threads there is no "Edit" button? Can that be fixed please? I noticed balcony also mentions this but on another thread:confused:

Can you post a link to an example thread, as I can see the edit button and without an example, there's no way of fixing it :)

Malteser Monkey
20-04-2012, 11:43
It's supposed to happen ;)

so is this new then ?

KirstyJay
20-04-2012, 11:45
so is this new then ?Yes, though it did used to happen on VB3 too. In the early days. It looks like it's been reintroduced.

EDIT > I have to prepare lessons for my classes today, so I'm logging off now. I'm sure someone will read this thread and attend to things as and when they have time, as I will when I get a moment.

primrose
20-04-2012, 11:47
Perhaps it would have been easier to acknowledge the posts that people had made reporting faults, as Starling said she had no reply when she reported it. How are we supposed to know you have even seen it if you don't reply.You have just come on and had a go at me when all you needed to do was say the matter is being dealt with.

Suej
20-04-2012, 12:13
Can you post a link to an example thread, as I can see the edit button and without an example, there's no way of fixing it :)

I cannot Edit on this thread Kirsty. The only buttons that appear is reply/reply with quote/Multi quote and Top buttons!
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?15700-Forum-Upgraded!&p=168682#post168682

EDIT! when I clicked on the link the Edit post button appeared! How strange!

Vortex Wake
24-04-2012, 20:58
This is a good read ;)

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/399914-Internet-Explorer-issue-grey-box-replying-to-threads

caroll72
24-04-2012, 22:29
Is the old forum still going to be merged with this one?
Sorry if off topic, just wondered.

admin
01-05-2012, 18:28
Is the old forum still going to be merged with this one?
Sorry if off topic, just wondered.No, it's not. It will remain where it is, as a reference source, and if you have PMs you can enter and download them with your old login details, but it's too big a job to merge the two and there's enough on our plates just keeping up with the updates and invariable problems each time there is one, to think about merging the two databases.

We discussed it and the general concensus on the mod team was that a lot of the old threads were out of date anyway, the info posted on the new forum would be more up to date, and our time could be better spent concentrating on keeping the new database working better than trying to tackle all the old bugs too.

On another note...

I've just implemented a couple of things that should fix the arcade scores problem and the sidebar issue. Although the sidebar will still have the blue band momentarily due to the fact that it's the CSS files loading that causes this, I have changed the way the CSS is stored so that it will load quicker, so hopefully it will mean that the blue bar is only there for a split second and therefore hardly noticeable. It's the best I can do without disabling it at present, and as there are revenue based tools in it, that's not an option.

RE the Arcade : Scores should hopefully be saving now. I have just tried it out myself and it worked for me. Can others confirm if it is or not. I would prefer not to have to uninstall and reinstall it!

primrose
01-05-2012, 19:07
Just tried it and the scores are being saved now. Thanks.

admin
01-05-2012, 19:37
Just tried it and the scores are being saved now. Thanks.and the blue bar... as it was you that reported it, is it any better now?

primrose
01-05-2012, 19:40
and the blue bar... as it was you that reported it, is it any better now?

Yes much better only there for a split second can put up with that.Thanks.