PDA

View Full Version : Internet What do Vodafone Espana charge if you use more than your monthly internet allowance?

Cairo
18-04-2012, 12:22
I am on a 18 month contract at €30 monthly with Vodafone Espana (S+, I think) which includes an internet/3G allowance of 300MB.

For the first time, I have received a text telling me that I have used 90% of my allowance and offering to sell me some more.

When I first took out the contract with Vodafone Espana I tried desperately hard to find out the charges if I went beyond my monthly internet allowance but the only information I could find seemed to tell me that there was no extra charge but the internet speed would drop to a painfully slow one!

Does anyone know for a fact if this is the case, or if not, what the actuall charges will be?

Cairo
18-04-2012, 12:34
i went with them and found no information in english and no help in the ´´shops´´ now back with telefonica
how long you got left on your contract . is this just a dongle ??

I am not impressed with them either. This is for my iPhone and I still have another 6 months or so to go.

Cairo
18-04-2012, 12:44
so do you have a pc or laptop on another system or just your iphone

How does that refer to my question regarding charges for going over my Vodafone Espana contract allowance?

tracy hampshire
18-04-2012, 15:01
i´m on a 19 euros a month contract with them, which i can cancel anytime, the guy in the shop spoke very good english, and asured me the same that it would get very slow, but i would be not charged anymore, went back to double check with someone who spoke spanish, and i can say with mine he was spot on, it gets slower than the royal mail but i have never been charged extra :snore:

9PLUS
18-04-2012, 15:36
As far as i know Vodafone change like this

USB Dongle X amount per month for max speed (up to 7mb/s) until your consumed is up 1 - 2GB

Mobile phone X amount per month max speed ( up to 7mb/s) until your 300MB/500MB/1GB has been consumed then the speed greatly reduces to 214KB (or there abouts)
the option is to buy more so your speed increases again for the next 300MB/500MB/1GB of usage

Cairo
18-04-2012, 15:41
i´m on a 19 euros a month contract with them, which i can cancel anytime, the guy in the shop spoke very good english, and asured me the same that it would get very slow, but i would be not charged anymore, went back to double check with someone who spoke spanish, and i can say with mine he was spot on, it gets slower than the royal mail but i have never been charged extra :snore:

Thanks Tracy, that information is soundling like what I could find - my problem is that I dont trust Vodafone Espana as the guy in the shop told me I would get 6 months discounted by €10, 12 months on I am still trying to get this! :(

Cairo
18-04-2012, 15:45
As far as i know Vodafone change like this

USB Dongle X amount per month for max speed (up to 7mb/s) until your consumed is up 1 - 2GB

Mobile phone X amount per month max speed ( up to 7mb/s) until your 300MB/500MB/1GB has been consumed then the speed greatly reduces to 214KB (or there abouts)
the option is to buy more so your speed increases again for the next 300MB/500MB/1GB of usage

Excellent! Many thanks 9+ as this was my understanding as well - I was just getting paranoid that if I continued to use it that I would be hit with a mega-huge bill - but I was beginning to wonder if I had dreamt the whole thing up :D

For information for anyone that is interested, they are offering me the next 200MB at €5 + IVA.

9PLUS
18-04-2012, 16:10
Excellent! Many thanks 9+ as this was my understanding as well - I was just getting paranoid that if I continued to use it that I would be hit with a mega-huge bill - but I was beginning to wonder if I had dreamt the whole thing up :D

For information for anyone that is interested, they are offering me the next 200MB at €5 + IVA.

I'm only here to help and make a smile

x

Graceylacey
18-04-2012, 16:17
I have my internet with vodafone after having a dongle with them, with the dongle I was told that if I went over my limit it would simply go very very slow. There wouldnt be any extra charges.

The internet now is really good, and all local calls are free and so are all calls to vodafone mobiles, so we dont get charged for any calls at all as all our family are with vodafone.

If you want to speak to them in English you can call 123 and ask for someone in english, they then pass you onto an automated service that logs your number as to automatically being dealt with by someone in English. Plus if there is a problem they tell you that they will ring you back and they DO ring you back. They are far far better than telefonica in my opinion by miles!

CIM
18-04-2012, 21:32
I have to top mine up each month and normally add an extra 500mb for internet although if it is close to your monthly start date then dont add on - just put up with the slow speed (256kb I think) as the extra packages do not carry over.