PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork How much is a reasonable fee for a 'Fin de Obra' in Tenerife?

tonypub
18-04-2012, 14:34
as above for a bar that is 60 metres square?ive been quoted silly money so was wondering if anyone else knows the cost.ty in advance

9PLUS
18-04-2012, 15:22
This depends on the work structure of the engineer

Ultimatly it's whatever price he/she considers enough to legally sign off a job and to take on the responsiblity for the job

It doesn't really matter if the bar is 30m2 or 140m2

Many engineers are very reluctant to sign off other engineers works 1,because why should they, 2 because they never got the project work in the first place.

So asking how much a "fin de obra" is, is difficult to answer without knowing a load more information.

But heres what i can give you

Pre-2008 engineers in general were charging anywhere from €2500 for the project and from €800 for the fin de obra excluding Industrial taxes.

One very good engineers in the south were charging €3500 for the project and €500 for the Fin de obra certificate because a big part of their clients where ex-pats and they normally never finished all procudures

Some engineers charge on a 50-50 basis

Some want all moneies paid by the time they give you the actual project for the townhall (stamped)

I could go on....

After 2008-2009 many engineers have less work

I know of a few that offer cheap rates around €1800 Project/Fin de obra (excluding €200-€400 in industrial taxes) that are bad.

Some get the money and run.

On General many are still charging €2300 - €3500 all in

You should be contacting your engineer that did the project for your bar

I know of engineers charging €1500 for a fin de obra for other peoples work

It's not normally done though.

All that maybe help to you it may not

PS if the bar is of age ie been standing and operational for sometime since the project was handed in for the opening licence you may have to modify your installation to the regulation, Laws in place today and not a few years back when the project was done. Many engineers WILL NOT MODIFY projects that are a couple of years old, meaning you would have to "start" again

tonypub
18-04-2012, 15:55
This depends on the work structure of the engineer

Ultimatly it's whatever price he/she considers enough to legally sign off a job and to take on the responsiblity for the job

It doesn't really matter if the bar is 30m2 or 140m2

Many engineers are very reluctant to sign off other engineers works 1,because why should they, 2 because they never got the project work in the first place.

So asking how much a "fin de obra" is, is difficult to answer without knowing a load more information.

But heres what i can give you

Pre-2008 engineers in general were charging anywhere from €2500 for the project and from €800 for the fin de obra excluding Industrial taxes.

One very good engineers in the south were charging €3500 for the project and €500 for the Fin de obra certificate because a big part of their clients where ex-pats and they normally never finished all procudures

Some engineers charge on a 50-50 basis

Some want all moneies paid by the time they give you the actual project for the townhall (stamped)

I could go on....

After 2008-2009 many engineers have less work

I know of a few that offer cheap rates around €1800 Project/Fin de obra (excluding €200-€400 in industrial taxes) that are bad.

Some get the money and run.

On General many are still charging €2300 - €3500 all in

You should be contacting your engineer that did the project for your bar

I know of engineers charging €1500 for a fin de obra for other peoples work

It's not normally done though.

All that maybe help to you it may not

PS if the bar is of age ie been standing and operational for sometime since the project was handed in for the opening licence you may have to modify your installation to the regulation, Laws in place today and not a few years back when the project was done. Many engineers WILL NOT MODIFY projects that are a couple of years old, meaning you would have to "start" againcheers mate.ive done all the modifications and annexes to project.alls up to spec as the council have asked.be quoted 1800e by my engineer who done the project originally,so i guess its a fair price.just sick of paying out for what seems not alot.ORCA 380 euros for 5 mins work,grrrr.thanks again 9plus

Added after 5 minutes:

seems daft ive to pay an engineer to certify its all safe etc for the public and workers,its been open over 10 bleedin years

9PLUS
18-04-2012, 16:14
€1800 for the Fin de Obra he'd done the project on ?

The OCA you got cheap as there are some charging €450 - €500 for the south areas, it's a lot more than 5 minutes work however.

tonypub
18-04-2012, 16:15
€1800 for the Fin de Obra he'd done the project on ?

The OCA you got cheap as there are some charging €450 - €500 for the south areas, it's a lot more than 5 minutes work however.he done the annex,another guy done actual project

9PLUS
18-04-2012, 16:22
OK he has picked up the pieces.....that comes with a price.

I know how it is to pick up other peoples mess if you know your way around it's a bother if you don't it can be a minefield.

There's quite a lot of steps to go through to save problems.

Good luck

tonypub
18-04-2012, 16:27
OK he has picked up the pieces.....that comes with a price.

I know how it is to pick up other peoples mess if you know your way around it's a bother if you don't it can be a minefield.

There's quite a lot of steps to go through to save problems.

Good luckthe annex was just an extra sink,no problems with original project.ill pay it then should finally have a licence after 10+ years,hopefully anyway.

9PLUS
18-04-2012, 16:34
He may be my brother

tonypub
18-04-2012, 16:39
He may be my brotherhes old enough to be your father,jose maria in los cris

9PLUS
18-04-2012, 16:47
pfft i was talking about 10+

TenerifePool
19-04-2012, 17:09
Just cheched up on some quotes from late last year for a client wanting to open a new 70M bar.

The engineer quoted 1000€ for the project and 800€ for the Certificado Final de Obra.

9PLUS
20-04-2012, 12:53
There again he could charge €50 for the project and nothing for the Fin de obra if he wanted to.