PDA

View Full Version : Mercadona store layout changes

mike in chayofa
18-04-2012, 16:24
Is it just Cabo Blanco store that is having a change around, or is it happening elsewhere?

I can understand the need to reorganise stores occassionally, but when the staff don't know where anything is and you have a store full of people searching for things, it doesn't make for a happy shopping experience. In fact, I have just left without buying loads of things on my list .... and .... (for example) ... who's idea was it to put tea's, coffee's and milk's in three different locations :confused:

junglejim
18-04-2012, 18:47
So where is the milk Mike !! He He!
Same in San Eugenio swapped areas around - couldnīt find the cut-price Kit-Kats yesterday !!

seanocelt
18-04-2012, 19:46
Calamity. Thank God for Hypo Dino, Iceland and Spar.

Vortex Wake
18-04-2012, 19:57

,,,, and .........:confused:

tracy hampshire
18-04-2012, 20:32
theīre probably catching on to the uk supermarkets, who shift everything every few months, so whilst you are searching you put stuff you see in your trolly you didnīt even want, goes under the guise of marketing !!!

tfs1
18-04-2012, 21:17
sorry to wander off topic but ................

its a little like the American supermarkets who replaced their shopping trolleys with even larger ones as they found that people spent more as they had more room to buy things they probably would not have bought if they didnt have the room.

... its similar to Ikea having a member of staff smiling at you while handing out shopping bags when you enter the store. Of course if you have a bag you are very likely to buy something. We pass on the Ikea bag and try and take a basket around supermarkets !

Chris

KirstyJay
19-04-2012, 01:33
They do it do you buy more. Move stuff around, then you notice other stuff rather than what you originally went for.

Vortex Wake
19-04-2012, 07:41
They do it do you buy more. Move stuff around, then you notice other stuff rather than what you originally went for.

And the first sentence again ................. lol

Malteser Monkey
19-04-2012, 14:20

Que ?

ps she's still in bed - was someone on the lash last night - sorry this morning:whistle::D

Suej
19-04-2012, 14:29
AND they keep changing the packaging too! When OH goes shopping he goes by recognition of the items we need and sometimes comes back without them! When I do go with him I find the items but the packaging has changed! That's just plain confusing to my OH!:laugh:

slodgedad
19-04-2012, 14:36
Slightly off topic, but I think Iceland ay Las Chafiras are the worst culprits.

They seem to change things round regularly.

primrose
19-04-2012, 14:38

Couldn't find half of what I wanted last time i went in, I ended up with less than I would have done if they hadn't moved it round, so called marketing doesn't work on me.

Malteser Monkey
19-04-2012, 14:54

I suppose at your age it's bad enough remembering what you went in for:raspberry::D:twak:

slodgedad
19-04-2012, 14:56
I suppose at your age it's bad enough remembering what you went in for:raspberry::D:twak:

:raspberry2: :raspberry2:

Malteser Monkey
19-04-2012, 15:07
:raspberry2: :raspberry2:

Back atchya mate !