PDA

View Full Version : Why will Ryanair not accept my residencia for a discount?

sanjuansue
18-04-2012, 22:45
hi have been trying to book flight to barcalona and ryan air will not except my residencia number any body know why please

timmylish
19-04-2012, 00:45
Some flight operators on line sites become confused with these so you have to paly aroung with it by deleting the letters or just one letter making sure you don,t put spaces in or using caps if not caps. Very sensitive they are!

poker
19-04-2012, 04:43
If I remember last year bookt and did not need to put 1st letter . . . .

Dont forget to get a valid empadro and brong it along or you could pay doubble as you need it also now .

Pasport , NIE and empadro

Sent using Tapatalk.

golf birdie
19-04-2012, 09:52
If I remember last year bookt and did not need to put 1st letter . . . .

Dont forget to get a valid empadro and brong it along or you could pay doubble as you need it also now .

Pasport , NIE and empadro

Sent using Tapatalk.

are you 100% sure of this? I know there is talk of bringing it back for discounts but I am led to believe it is not a requirement at the moment:confused:

universal
19-04-2012, 10:05
It came into law yesterday.

golf birdie
19-04-2012, 10:18
It came into law yesterday.

Ryanair's website are not asking for it so if it is now a requirement it will be a problem for many.

sanjuansue
19-04-2012, 17:47
will have to get mine updated as ryanair now have the option to use this number and will still not except my residencia number , i have tried every way possible to enter the number and it is still saying invalid, :(

cainaries
19-04-2012, 20:56
But has this worked now for sanjuansue today? That's the point surely as everyone was telling her to do this and she seemed to imply it still didn't work!

cainaries
19-04-2012, 22:08
i just checked on old forum and it worked for someone before thats all i can say ...but its her

NIE number the one given here when first arriving

I know what an NIE number is but this isn't about you or me. Friends who had this problem before (probably in the time of the old Forum) have told me that just leaving off the first letter no longer works. It used to work but now it doesn't. I don't know since I wouldn't travel on Ryanair if you paid me.

sanjuansue
19-04-2012, 22:24
thanks to all that have tried to help :) have been able to do it I entered it in the dni space leaving of the first letter, I was putting it in the space for resedenceia number.
thanks again :tiphat:

slodgedad
20-04-2012, 00:17
thanks to all that have tried to help :) have been able to do it I entered it in the dni space leaving of the first letter, I was putting it in the space for resedenceia number.
thanks again :tiphat:

Probably because DNI doesn't have a letter whereas NIE does. The X is for foreigner as is the E in NIE. (Extrajaneros)

slodgedad
20-04-2012, 00:49
could always fly thomas cook - they got an old established name along with the age of their planes
i want something made in the 21c when i fly not from the last one
its like monarch their YOUNGEST aircaraft is 10 years old and their OLDEST IS 21 YEARS

The age of an aircraft means nothing.

A 20 year old plane could be newer than a 2 year old.

slodgedad
20-04-2012, 01:01
If you had ever worked in the aircraft maintenance industry you wouldn't make such a naive comment.

slodgedad
20-04-2012, 01:14
i worked for the CAA in kingsway in the 1970īs and thats as much as i am going to say let us agree to differ and i will continue to fly RYANAIR .good night:sleeping:

Gobsmacked..

cainaries
20-04-2012, 21:31
Always read the question - that's what my dad drummed into me but yet again I didn't do it. Residencia, OP had written, not NIE. So was barking up the wrong tree - as usual.

I have no idea how old Ryanair's planes are or how old they say they are - my decision on not flying with them was based on their hostile attitude to their customers ... well ... to me in any case. And this has nothing to do with this thread.

Glad OP has managed to book. Which is all that matters.

Vortex Wake
21-04-2012, 09:05
Yes Ryanair have one of the most modern fleet of 737-800 aircraft that even have their own stair cases (if required) for prompt boarding / exiting too ( nothing worse than having to wait for the stairs to arrive !).

Any notion that Ryanairs fleet is old is completely wrong.

9PLUS
21-04-2012, 09:37
I like Pea Soup, some of the Star Wars films and i haven't got an Angle Grinder for sale

x