PDA

View Full Version : Football Where can I watch live football in Tenerife?

Tallyho
19-04-2012, 21:47
I am coming out to Tenerife in October and would like to see some football.
I know of the professional side in the north but are there any semi pro clubs on the island?

Muchas gracias!

Fred Perry
19-04-2012, 23:59
Apart from CD Tenerife who play in Santa Cruz here is the league table for semi-pro teams. This is the Spanish 3rd Division Canarian group. You need to click on the Canarian flag to the right (white,blue,yellow)
http://www.futbolme.com/com/index_torneo.asp

These are the teams from Tenerife (if you click on the club in the league table you can get their website)

CD Marino, CD Vera, Atletico Granadilla, CD Tenerife B, UD Las Zocas, CD Laguna, Charco del Pino and At.Victoria.

Tallyho
20-04-2012, 08:12
Thank you for that information Fred!

Tallyho
18-08-2013, 20:55
Returning to Tenerife to in October and I see CD Tenerife are playing against Real Madrid II. Are there any supporters oaches/buses that go from the Las Americas area or how would it be to get there and back on the Titsa services?

Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks.......

Red Devil
22-08-2013, 08:20
Returning to Tenerife to in October and I see CD Tenerife are playing against Real Madrid II. Are there any supporters oaches/buses that go from the Las Americas area or how would it be to get there and back on the Titsa services?

Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks.......

Sure someone could help more than me, but I do remember a sign outside a bar advertising Tenerife CD trips by coach ?...it was the bar on the road going up to the motorway, past Laguna Park1 at San Eugenio, same side of road. Planet Football??

BobMac
22-08-2013, 11:22
Contact user Fred Perry (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/member.php?174-Fred-Perry) - he runs Armada Sur, the South Coast fan club and runs coaches to all home matches.

smigster
23-08-2013, 11:07
I am coming out to Tenerife in October and would like to see some football.
I know of the professional side in the north but are there any semi pro clubs on the island?

Muchas gracias!

I used to live in tenerefe and used to watch cd raqui san isidro.its the next junction after airport north bound.you can stand in bar, dorada in hand and watch the game.

Tallyho
05-09-2013, 07:48
Thanks for that inforation Smigster.
I've checked website out and seen CD Marino are playing at home on 28th Sept so for ease of access I'll probably take that one in.

Also, could anybody reccommend a place to watch the Newcastle - Leeds League (or equivalent) Cup in Los Cristianos/PdeA area. Its not be shown in the UK by the usual broadcasters but maybe on some obscure Scandanavian/Middle Eastern channel.

Thank you.

junglejim
05-09-2013, 09:58
Don´t know what date of your Newcastle- Leeds tie is but likely to be on one of Aljazeera channels -(hardly obscure) - one of the most extensive sports channels going !
Many bars have the AJ channels showing several games on a Saturday .
http://www.en.aljazeerasport.tv/Schedule

obs
05-09-2013, 10:05
Thanks for that inforation Smigster.
I've checked website out and seen CD Marino are playing at home on 28th Sept so for ease of access I'll probably take that one in.

Also, could anybody reccommend a place to watch the Newcastle - Leeds League (or equivalent) Cup in Los Cristianos/PdeA area. Its not be shown in the UK by the usual broadcasters but maybe on some obscure Scandanavian/Middle Eastern channel.

Thank you.

The Buccaneer Bar on Funchal shows all Newcastle games. Its opposite Tenerife Sur apartments, walking up towards Aguamar. :tiphat:

Tallyho
05-09-2013, 14:54
Thanks for that information Jungle Jim and Obs.............there's not a lot of call for the Aljazeera channels, sport or otherwise, in Whitley Bay, apart from the Townhouse, maybe!

Thanks again.

AnfieldRiot
08-10-2013, 04:28
I am looking to take in a few live matches while I am on the Island... October 11-22... I don't think I will be able to take in the CD Tenerife match this Saturday but I am very interested in watching a few Tercera Div matches or if CD plays any friendlies or cup matches.... basically I am all in for some live footy.

I see most matches are on a Sat or Sun, any midweek matches as well ? I will be in south Isle, Palm de Mar but willing to drive to most area's. Any info would be greatly appreciated and if you attend a match, I'll buy you a pint ! :trink:

Chayofa Tete
08-10-2013, 08:07
The next game is this Sunday at 5pm against Real Mallorca you could contact Fred Perry re transport and tickets and I am sure he will help you out

bonitatime
08-10-2013, 08:37
ftf.es is the tenerife football website
On there you will find all the tercera and regional games

AnfieldRiot
09-10-2013, 06:49
The next game is this Sunday at 5pm against Real Mallorca you could contact Fred Perry re transport and tickets and I am sure he will help you out

Thank you for the info.

Since the match is at 5pm, I just may drive up a little early and take my Mrs to the beach in the north and then over to the match before driving home.

Any suggestions for parking. I don't mind parking a little bit away from the pitch in order to get free parking.

Chayofa Tete
09-10-2013, 07:43
Parking is possible in the surrounding streets if you get there reasonably early you should be okay.Do not pay attention to people guiding you into parking spaces that are free anyway they are just trying to make a few quid off you.
Final note just remember where you park the car!!

AnfieldRiot
09-10-2013, 07:55
Any idea on the prices for CD and what are the prices for the 3rd Div clubs ?

Also, I noticed a beautiful pitch on the sea in the city of Garachico... is it just a local pitch or does a club play there. Seems like a wonderful place to catch a match.

Thanks again for all of your info, it's been very helpful and I'm excited to catch a few games. Being an American, it's great to be back in Europe and do a little ground hopping and take in the local football scene.

bonitatime
12-10-2013, 22:24
Most 3rd division are 10€ and CD Tenerife start at 15€ going up to 37€
Parking is easy early
If you arrived within 90 mins of the game try the Meridiano shopping centre only the bars are open but the car park is free