PDA

View Full Version : Is there a bus service from Los Cristianos to El Medano in Tenerife?

karlburn
21-04-2012, 16:25
Hello is there a bus service from los chris to el medano beach? Im over again soon and i would like to give el medano a try

Regards karl

murph
21-04-2012, 16:29
There are a couple - but beware, make sure you get the right one.

One takes forever as it calls here there and everywhere on route - takes about an hour and a quarter from memory.

There is another more direct service - about 40 minutes - again from memory.

El Medano is well worth a visit - great front, loads of wind, kite surfers, lovely little restaurants and coffee shops.

I go every time I am over at least once.

karlburn
21-04-2012, 16:35
Thanks murph thats just confirmed what ive heard, so its down as a must do on my next visit in july

tfs1
21-04-2012, 17:31
but as with any bus trip make sure you keep hold of your money when getting on and gettting off the bus.

El Medano is a very popular place and typically those that go there go by bus, always remember to have a nice time but also to be aware of those around you and anyone trying to distract you.

Chris

murph
23-04-2012, 13:04
but as with any bus trip make sure you keep hold of your money when getting on and gettting off the bus.

El Medano is a very popular place and typically those that go there go by bus, always remember to have a nice time but also to be aware of those around you and anyone trying to distract you.

Chris

I have never encountered such a thing to be honest, and I use the buses almost every day when I am on the island.

I don't use cash though. I buy the ''Bono'' cards - 12 or 30 euros - from the internet shop in the Valdes shopping centre opposite Los Cristianos bus station.

Not only are you not using cash on the buses, but you save between 33% and 66% on the price of the journeys and they can be used for multiple people on the same journey, so you don't have to buy lots of them

tfs1
23-04-2012, 13:31
We too use the excellant Bono card but also carry other things like money !!

Chris

murph
26-04-2012, 14:50
More Titsa initiatives

http://www.tenerifenews.com/index.php/news-mainmenu-1/canary-islands/local-news-mainmenu-1/18361--catch-the-bus-titsa-and-tenerifes-top-ten