PDA

View Full Version : Is the old forum still working?

with cheese
12-06-2011, 21:54
I have just got on the old forum for about 30 seconds and some people are able to post on there and have. Postings I saw were dated 10th June 2011, very strange.........................maybe we are being hoodwinked.LOL
Its good to see it is there and still accessible.

howard thornton
12-06-2011, 21:58
I have just got on the old forum for about 30 seconds and some people are able to post on there and have. Postings I saw were dated 10th June 2011, very strange.........................maybe we are being hoodwinked.

its you,we can all log on,you are blackballed. :lol:

with cheese
12-06-2011, 22:01
You will have black balls soon pal, sorry, can we say that?

howard thornton
12-06-2011, 22:05
You will have black balls soon pal, sorry, can we say that?

they are blue at the moment,been in yorkshire all afternoon, bloody cold and wet.awful place

with cheese
12-06-2011, 22:08
they are blue at the moment,been in yorkshire all afternoon, bloody cold and wet.awful place
Did you get much when you did that job in Leeds. Shame the car wasn't left behind.:eyebrows:

admin
12-06-2011, 23:05
I have just noticed that, if you go to www.tenerifeforum.com and as it shows click the "X" at the top of the screen to stop the loading, you can actually see everything without it going off..Of course it will. All I did was stick in a redirect until we sort everything out.

I have just got on the old forum for about 30 seconds and some people are able to post on there and have. Postings I saw were dated 10th June 2011, very strange.........................maybe we are being hoodwinked.

Not got time for conspiracy theories or attempts at causing trouble, so you can carry on discussing this without me :)

Just ask yourself this, if you were being hoodwinked, would I still have admin access to the old forum in order to send out a 25,000 member mailout about 3 days ago, over 2 weeks after the forum originally went down?

Rather than trying to stir up stuff, maybe you should be thanking doreen for paying 2 months of outstanding hosting, otherwise there would be nothing and you'd have nowhere to stir anything.

At the end of this month we will not be paying for the old hosting again, so if zarion hasn't returned by then, the old forum will disappear forever.

We did write an announcement about this, after our meeting last sunday, but it has been deleted in error, and I just have not had time to write a new one.

doreen
12-06-2011, 23:05

Well Gorgonzola, are you being serious ??? No conspiracy, the other forum is actually running in a parallel universe .. and some do sneak over, just to prove that they can (I saw you, VW :)) . We still do not have access to the database & until we do, have decided to continue with the new forum instead in the hope that both can later be merged, and have put a redirect from the old forum, which is buggy (viz. ads don't work)

with cheese
12-06-2011, 23:10
Well Gorgonzola, are you being serious ??? No conspiracy, the other forum is actually running in a parallel universe .. and some do sneak over, just to prove that they can (I saw you, VW :)) . We still do not have access to the database & until we do, have decided to continue with the new forum instead in the hope that both can later be merged, and have put a redirect from the old forum, which is buggy (viz. ads don't work)
Of course I am not being serious, just opening a debate. Bit of a strong answer from admin.
You cannot be serious.
Obviously we all thank Doreen and its jesting that some of us do, with a few good posts thrown in. I think our beloved Doreen can be quite a jester herself at times, so don't take things to heart, Mr or Mrs Admin.

cainaries
12-06-2011, 23:11
Thanks for paying the outstanding bills, doreen. And for reopening the Dungeon. Kept a lot of us sane! (Sane?)

doreen
12-06-2011, 23:13
Of course I am not being serious, just opening a debate. Bit of a strong answer from admin.
You cannot be serious.
Obviously we all thank Doreen and its jesting that some of us do, with a few good posts thrown in. I think our beloved Doreen can be quite a jester herself at times, so don't take things to heart, Mr or Mrs Admin.

I would be a bit wary of your thread too if I had put in as much hard work as some of the people in the background have to save this Community :)

with cheese
12-06-2011, 23:20
No Harm meant Doreen just an observation with a light hearted comment at the end. Of course I don't think we are being hoodwinked and if we were then your deserved of that right.
New threads that are not always the best do get people talking and looking at others, which is what makes this forum visited so much, compulsive viewing.

Added after 3 minutes:

I have editted opening post.

sunspot
12-06-2011, 23:28
As far as i am concerned theres one forum and thats the one im posting on........all i can say is thankyou to Doreen,Pooh,Kirsty and all the mods for saving what i thought was a great forum about to go down the pan................

atlantico
13-06-2011, 01:07
BUT ! There's still one good thing about the .com site . . . . . Jimandsi isn't on there !!

slodgedad
13-06-2011, 02:26
I can't see the point of posting on there at present, unless it's just to show you can.

If we can't get the old database back then all postings will be lost.

For the time being we can see it, thanks to Doreen's generosity, but unless the owner can be contacted then it will be gone.

9PLUS
13-06-2011, 08:17
It's fully working now

www.tenerifeforum.com (www.markfradley.com)

Vortex Wake
13-06-2011, 09:02
Its a pity that it has now gone (.com) as of today, as it was possible to cut n paste the best stories over to here, as some of us had started to do (well sort of ;) ).

And those who have been away, now no longer get the redirced to .org - just Google home page.

Why not instead, just delete THIS post and reinstate the original redirect so that some of the best info can be copied since we are being told that it may be lost forever at the end of the month.

onelegnofeet
13-06-2011, 10:25
Its funny how people misunderstand members who post so often .And imo its a question a few would have put on here at some point .Maybe its better to update more often on whats happening than take umbridge to questions being posted .............just a thought

Vortex Wake
13-06-2011, 10:33
Its funny how people misunderstand members who post so often .And imo its a question a few would have put on here at some point .Maybe its better to update more often on whats happening than take umbridge to questions being posted .............just a thought

My thoughts exactly (what ever it was you meant) ;)

atlantico
13-06-2011, 11:00
the new old website is here ! (http://tenerife.createaforum.com/general-discussion/welcome-all-tenerife-forum-fans-!/)

onelegnofeet
13-06-2011, 11:04
My thoughts exactly (what ever it was you meant) ;)

:doh::doh:i meant ............forget it! i smell points coming my way

TenerifeTeddy
13-06-2011, 11:13

There was an announcement prepared that was ready for publishing on the forum, but the gremlins got it and it dissapeared. It has now been recreated and will be published very shortly.

If Admin took umbrage itīs because they have been working flat out for 2 weeks to restore order from chaos, and when you are cream crackered it is easy to take something the wrong way. Please be patient with the Admin staff they are only human and have jobs and lives as well as the forum. Thanks :)

onelegnofeet
13-06-2011, 11:46
Its funny how people misunderstand members who post so often .

There was an announcement prepared that was ready for publishing on the forum, but the gremlins got it and it dissapeared. It has now been recreated and will be published very shortly.

If Admin took umbrage itīs because they have been working flat out for 2 weeks to restore order from chaos, and when you are cream crackered it is easy to take something the wrong way. Please be patient with the Admin staff they are only human and have jobs and lives as well as the forum. Thanks :)

Thanks for the pick up on my post ................read the first bit again quoted .
#

Added after 2 minutes:

Does it not take just as long to write a quick up date as it does to post comments on peoples posts ?

with cheese
13-06-2011, 13:51
i suppose that is an apology then, well sort of

onelegnofeet
13-06-2011, 14:52
Its funny how people misunderstand members who post .............just a thought

is there an echo ...................................??