PDA

View Full Version : Other Is my favourite little pub about to close?

lesbroz
23-04-2012, 19:05
Can anyone confirm the rumour that I have heard? Friends returning from Tenerife have told me that the Callao Spirit is about to close. I will be devastated if this is true!

delderek
23-04-2012, 20:22
Can anyone confirm the rumour that I have heard? Friends returning from Tenerife have told me that the Callao Spirit is about to close. I will be devastated if this is true!

It closes in 4 weeks, seems the rent almost doubled, and community were creating problems, but Ian is on the lookout for other premises.

marbro8
23-04-2012, 20:34
It closes in 4 weeks, seems the rent almost doubled, and community were creating problems, but Ian is on the lookout for other premises.what's the thinking behind closing what sounds like a good bar???? surely the owners would profit more by keeping the rent low with a sure turnover from the people running the bar? unless they are trying to force them out?:confused:

delderek
23-04-2012, 21:14
what's the thinking behind closing what sounds like a good bar???? surely the owners would profit more by keeping the rent low with a sure turnover from the people running the bar? unless they are trying to force them out?:confused:

Thats the sensible English way, but the Canarians can never grasp that.

tmfkahs
23-04-2012, 21:41
Thats the sensible English way, but the Canarians can never grasp that.

the last I knew, the freehold was owned by an Englishman, and has been to various Brits for many years.

lesbroz
24-04-2012, 12:12
It closes in 4 weeks, seems the rent almost doubled, and community were creating problems, but Ian is on the lookout for other premises.

Sounds like Thierry at the Surpresa Surpresa is up to no good again. I think he likes to make waves for everyone in that little square!

delderek
24-04-2012, 12:50
Sounds like Thierry at the Surpresa Surpresa is up to no good again. I think he likes to make waves for everyone in that little square!

Especially when you put a blackboard outside his entrance advertising food at the spirit, about half his prices.:whistle:

lesbroz
24-04-2012, 19:09
Please give Ian and Nicola my best wishes. Hope to be seeing them in about 4!!! weeks, do you know the actual date that they will be closing?

delderek
24-04-2012, 20:01
Please give Ian and Nicola my best wishes. Hope to be seeing them in about 4!!! weeks, do you know the actual date that they will be closing?

I am not out at the moment, but am told 4 weeks.