PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a dentist in south Tenerife?

sunspot
29-05-2011, 18:41
Anyone got the address and number of a good english speaking dentist in the south,not for me but clients and also for future reference.........thankyou

tonypub
29-05-2011, 18:49
the one first floor fanabe plaza,not the cheapest but imho the best.they advise whats best for your teeth and dont just see you as a cash cow like the others

doreen
29-05-2011, 18:54
the one first floor fanabe plaza,not the cheapest but imho the best.they advise whats best for your teeth and dont just see you as a cash cow like the others

I agree - http://www.tenerife-dental.com/index.php?lang=en

Owner is Italian - English and German speaking dentists ... and of course, Spanish & Italian spoken too

sunspot
29-05-2011, 19:05
Anyone got the number & address of an english speaking dentist in the south,not for me now but for a client, although it would be usefull to have for future reference..

DJ Dangerous
29-05-2011, 19:14
Clinica Dental,
Fañlabe Plaza:

922-714-225

Saturdays, Sundays, holidays:

687-744-225

I've once sent clients there, after an accident while trying to eat a fork, and they had nothing but praise after their visit - which was late on a Saturday evening!

sunspot
29-05-2011, 19:16
Thankyou so much DJ, im going to let them know now and put it in the welcome books for future guests

ruffus
29-05-2011, 19:17
Clinica Dental,
Fañlabe Plaza:

922-714-225

Saturdays, Sundays, holidays:

687-744-225

I've once sent clients there, after an accident while trying to eat a fork, and they had nothing but praise after their visit - which was late on a Saturday evening!
Yes, I use these too, very good Dentist, and speak perfect English

lord_cheeseman
29-05-2011, 19:23
Thankyou so much DJ, im going to let them know now and put it in the welcome books for future guests

I use these people
http://www.smilepartner.co.uk/
Most of the staff are french but they all speak spanish and english. They are very good.

lord_cheeseman
29-05-2011, 19:24
I use these people
Most of the staff are french but they speak spanish and english too. they are very good.

Tenerife_Smurf
30-05-2011, 10:48
I've used the dentist in Los Cristianos, across from the Church Square.

C/ Gral. Franco, n29
Edif. Florencia, piso2
Puerta 11
38650 Los Cristianos.

Tel: 922 75 07 20

martynang
11-06-2011, 14:38
Does anyone know of a good, reasonably priced dentist who won't rip me off and does a good job? Need an extraction! Live in Palm Mar so anywhere within reasonable travel.
Thanks

cressrt
11-06-2011, 18:28
Looking for recommendations of Dentists as well; we are aware of the one in Buzanada but others would be good as well.

Susief
11-06-2011, 19:07
Pm Goforgold I know she had some treatment last year and was very pleased with cost and treatment.

hedgehog
11-06-2011, 19:09
There are now two in Los Abrigos (along with the 36 supermarkets and 22 estate agents), has anyone been to either?

LeFrunk
11-06-2011, 20:43
I was told clinica estetica was good (over tf1 from Fanabe) but i have tried to contact them by email and havnt got a reply , so i dont think i will be going to them when i get over , will try Fanabe one as i was also told they where great .

kingbaker
11-06-2011, 21:21
Clinica Dental Plaza Fanabe do a fab job for me though not sure its possible to get a good dentist at a cheap price as they have very high overheads

Added after 2 minutes:

PM me if you need their number

speedymac
27-06-2011, 21:07
how much are you talking for a filling??

Suej
27-06-2011, 21:11
Pm Goforgold I know she had some treatment last year and was very pleased with cost and treatment.

That will be the same Dentist I had a whole upper bridge done Susie. Dr Olivier Bournay in Adeji..922 781 625. email olivierbournay@gmail.com

rosemary
29-06-2011, 17:19
I can´t speak highly enough of Clinica Dental. They also have a branch in Los Abrigos. Kind gentle people and my dentist was superb. 922 749 742. They appear to be multilingual too..!

TIS
29-06-2011, 17:44
Does anyone know of a good, reasonably priced dentist who won't rip me off and does a good job? Need an extraction! Live in Palm Mar so anywhere within reasonable travel.
Thanks
Take out a DKV dental policy and the extraction is FREE. No exclusions, even though you know you need this work doing. Policy costs 67.08€ for the year - see our web site for details.

MrsTT
18-07-2011, 17:10
I can´t speak highly enough of Clinica Dental. They also have a branch in Los Abrigos. Kind gentle people and my dentist was superb. 922 749 742. They appear to be multilingual too..!

I needed a filling fairly urgently, so I rang this dentist this morning, had an appointment and first visit check set up for 3pm. I had the consultation, x ray and the treatment completed, very gently, all by 4 pm. Very impressed indeed. Thanks to all who recommended them.:cheer:

Contact details here (http://www.tenerife-dental.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=57&lang=en).

Goforgold
18-07-2011, 17:34
That will be the same Dentist I had a whole upper bridge done Susie. Dr Olivier Bournay in Adeji..922 781 625. email olivierbournay@gmail.com

Much cheaper than the UK and we get to take a holiday too :)

franinthesun
09-08-2011, 18:16
:cry:

Can anyone sugest a good dentist in the south of tenerife!
Can't take the pain!!!

Goforgold
09-08-2011, 18:30
Smile in Adeje

TIS
09-08-2011, 18:53
Ecellent Centre in Golf del Sur. I have super senitive teeth and usually need 3 or 4 injections to ensure there wasno pain. The dentist gave me some magic gel, and was drilling within 5 minutes - no 20 min wait for the mouth to go numb. Give them a try.

Jackie
09-08-2011, 21:38
My daughter used the one in Fanabe Commercial Centre last week to have a filling replaced that fell out, she had no problems with him other than the fact he charged her 85 euros for 1 filling. All the staff speak very good English

TIS
09-08-2011, 22:11
My daughter used the one in Fanabe Commercial Centre last week to have a filling replaced that fell out, she had no problems with him other than the fact he charged her 85 euros for 1 filling. All the staff speak very good English
A dental policy with DKV costs 67€ per annum, then fillings only cost 35€ each - with extractions, annual clean and inspection and x-rays free. Well worth it! (kids under 8 get included on th epolicy FREE). Give us a tinkle....

bonitatime
10-08-2011, 11:17

If this was the Playa Fañabe Comercial center they are really friendly people and very serious. Everyone who passes by the shop speaks very highly of them.

KirstyJay
10-08-2011, 15:24
A dental policy with DKV costs 67€ per annum, then fillings only cost 35€ each - with extractions, annual clean and inspection and x-rays free. Well worth it! (kids under 8 get included on th epolicy FREE). Give us a tinkle....

Does DKV only let you use their named dentists? The reason I ask is that I've found an excellent one in Santiago del Teide and I don't want to use any other. Also, how much for 8 year olds on the policy, as I have two kids, one aged 6, but the other is 8. You said under 8 was free...,

franinthesun
11-08-2011, 15:50
Thankyou for all the info. I had my appointment this morning at El Cedro - Smile partner in ADEJE www.smilepartner.co.uk. Dr Bournay wasn't there so I saw Dr Mariano... Very profesional & Very good looking:wow:. Had a filling which only cost 60 Euro and a clean n polish 60 Euro. I've booked another appointment for tooth whitening next week ... trying to think what other treatments to have just so i can go back to see him lol.

Thanks again :thanx:

TIS
11-08-2011, 16:02
Thankyou for all the info. I had my appointment this morning at El Cedro - Smile partner in ADEJE www.smilepartner.co.uk. Dr Bournay wasn't there so I saw Dr Mariano... Very profesional & Very good looking:wow:. Had a filling which only cost 60 Euro and a clean n polish 60 Euro. I've booked another appointment for tooth whitening next week ... trying to think what other treatments to have just so i can go back to see him lol.

Thanks again :thanx:

Obviously his looks are worth the extra expensive to you. DKV dental policy until the end of the year would have cost 28€ and the filling 35€ and the clean and polish would ahve been FREE.

Could have saved yourself 57€ already. Young women and their hormones, hey!

franinthesun
11-08-2011, 16:39
Well, well! If you read the message again his profesionalism came way before his looks plus it was an emergency i was in that much pain I wasnt thinking of taking out a policy before hand. But thanks!:whistle:

oh n hey does DKV cover raging hormones?!
:devil2:

TIS
11-08-2011, 16:51
Well, well! If you read the message again his profesionalism came way before his looks plus it was an emergency i was in that much pain I wasnt thinking of taking out a policy before hand. But thanks!:whistle:

oh n hey does DKV cover raging hormones?!
:devil2:

LOL - haven't tested that part of the policy personally.

finca18jrl
15-08-2011, 22:17
We have a health insurance policy with Mapfre and they only cover specific dentists. Can anyone recommend a dentist in the South covered by them?

Muppet
16-08-2011, 09:17
TIS - same question as Kirsty - can you continue to use your regular dentist under the DKV policy, or are you tied to specific ones as with Mapfre for example??

finca18jrl
16-08-2011, 19:26
TIS - same question as Kirsty - can you continue to use your regular dentist under the DKV policy, or are you tied to specific ones as with Mapfre for example??
Thank you ... I respect what you're saying and agree. However, I was really trying to find out if anyone else had a Mapfre policy and hence they might they be able to recommend someone from the Mapfre "recommended" list.

Muppet
16-08-2011, 20:36
Thank you ... I respect what you're saying and agree. However, I was really trying to find out if anyone else had a Mapfre policy and hence they might they be able to recommend someone from the Mapfre "recommended" list.

Hi

I understand your question - no problem.

Mine (and Kirsty's) was directed at TIS who has done a fabulous job of promoting DKV but not told us whether it can be used at pretty much any dentist, or whether, like Mapfre, only at a specific list.

TIS
16-08-2011, 22:49
Hi

I understand your question - no problem.

Mine (and Kirsty's) was directed at TIS who has done a fabulous job of promoting DKV but not told us whether it can be used at pretty much any dentist, or whether, like Mapfre, only at a specific list.
Apologies if this isn't clear, but the DKV policy only covers DKV associated dentists. There is a FREE book in our office which lists 99% of the clinics working with DKV and to be perfectly honest I accept that the issue, maybe more so with dentists, is finding one that you personally feel comfortable with and who also provides a acceptable price/quality of service mix. This of course will be different for each of us.

All I can tell you is that Dentists are included as standard in the DKV Integral health policy but the cover can be taken out as a separate policy and those that have done so are very pleased with the service and especially with the savings they make year on year.

Muppet
17-08-2011, 09:57
Thanks TIS,

Out of curiosity, for those of us out in the sticks and dont want 30 or 40 km round trips for treatment, is there a policy which covers dental costs (or part at least), irrespective of who is used? OK yes one would have to settle in full at the time of treatment, but claim allowed costs back afterwards.

Johnnyrico
19-01-2012, 01:50
Hello friends,

Can anyone help me with this problem. I'm having a big problem with a tooth right now (the old filling went out, between my upper-left 1 and 2). I have never been to dentist in Tenerife before. I need to find one asap. I'm looking for the best, tip-top, ultra modern dental clinic/dentist. The price is a secondary issue here. Does anyone know a very good dental clinic/dentist?

Oh, English speaking one would be nice too.

Please help.
Thanks in adance
JR

kingbaker
19-01-2012, 02:03
clinica dental fanabe plaza................upstairs ask taxi driver to take you.... after 0830 am... will not fail to help you ---standard prices Good luck

TIS
19-01-2012, 03:35
Hello friends,

Can anyone help me with this problem. I'm having a big problem with a tooth right now (the old filling went out, between my upper-left 1 and 2). I have never been to dentist in Tenerife before. I need to find one asap. I'm looking for the best, tip-top, ultra modern dental clinic/dentist. The price is a secondary issue here. Does anyone know a very good dental clinic/dentist?

Oh, English speaking one would be nice too.

Please help.
Thanks in adance
JR
Clinica Dental in middle of San Isidro - just been for an annal inspection and clean. Even my old stumps for teeth came up shiny! and ALL FREE on DKV.
Dentist is very good - I have super sensitive teeth, but no pain with this dentist and he's saved me 1200€ by not pulling teeth that another insisted was absolutely necessary, when a root cannal and large filling have worked perfectly.
Dentist is in the apartment building next to the BBVA bank half way up the main street of San Isidro 922-7393639

Suej
19-01-2012, 12:28
I use these people
Most of the staff are french but they speak spanish and english too. they are very good.

I use this guy too Dr Olivier Bournay! I was very happy with the work he did and so is my OH...once again though he might not be the cheapest!

Kande
02-03-2012, 14:36
Clinica Dental in middle of San Isidro - just been for an annal inspection and clean. Even my old stumps for teeth came up shiny! and ALL FREE on DKV.
Dentist is very good - I have super sensitive teeth, but no pain with this dentist and he's saved me 1200€ by not pulling teeth that another insisted was absolutely necessary, when a root cannal and large filling have worked perfectly.
Dentist is in the apartment building next to the BBVA bank half way up the main street of San Isidro 922-7393639

Thanks TIS for this recommendation. He now has 2 new customers!.
A friend of mine wasn´t happy with her quote from a dentist in las galletas and went to this Dentist, in San Isidro for a second opinion. A reduction from 395 euros to 80 (both quotes with DKV cards)!! Some work not needed to be done.
And I got a better price for a crown I will need shortly so Ive changed from ClininaAnaga to this clinic.
Nice to meet an honest dentist, with an added bonus - he speaks english very well.

Roadkingrider
18-03-2012, 20:02
Can anyone recommend a good, professional dentists in the South please? Am based in Golf de Sur, so anywhere nearish really. Don't want to be ripped-off, any help appreciated.

Roadkingrider
28-03-2012, 17:24
Have EHIC card..........and bad toothache, SO any ideas on getting it sorted quickly, maybe through Canarian NHS? Or, at reasonably priced dentist in south (near Los Cris.) Cheers

mike in chayofa
28-03-2012, 17:31
You will have to pay for any dental work carried out in Tenerife.

If you type in 'Dentist' in the search box, there are quite a few threads already and you should be able to decide on one from the recommendations there.

I hope you soon get your problem solved.

DJ Dangerous
28-03-2012, 22:34
The dental clinic in CC Fanabe Plaza is excellent - high standards, multi lingual, and they even offer an out-of-hours service.

+34922714225

Darina
08-06-2012, 16:20
Hi, I'm moving to Tenerife this month and have to get two fillings done but I also need to be sedated as i am a very nervous patient, can anyone recommend anywhere in Tenerife preferably south and any ideas of prices? I got a quote today for a dental practice in Ireland and its costing me €520!!

Jackie
08-06-2012, 17:15
There is a dentist on the top floor in Fanabe Plaza, really good with nervous patients, approx 80 euros per filling

kingbaker
08-06-2012, 17:19
Hi, I'm moving to Tenerife this month and have to get two fillings done but I also need to be sedated as i am a very nervous patient, can anyone recommend anywhere in Tenerife preferably south and any ideas of prices? I got a quote today for a dental practice in Ireland and its costing me €520!!

Hi Darina I'm available and I only charge €300.00 and I'll pay for the litre of anesthetic (Paddy):whistle:

Added after 20 minutes:

There is a dentist on the top floor in Fanabe Plaza, really good with nervous patients, approx 80 euros per filling

OI!!! JACKIE Eduardo's MY dentist so buzz off and get our own!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Darina you'll be happy there!! PM me f you need more info:cheeky:

Santiago
27-11-2012, 19:29
Thanks to everyone who recommended the dental clinic in Fanabe Plaza as my OH had toothache at the weekend and I looked on the forum to find out where I could take him.

I phoned the clinic in the morning and they told us to come straight away but we may have to wait a short while until we could be seen. The clinic is on the upper floor of the Plaza and has it's own web site at: http://www.tenerife-dental.com/. They speak at least four languages (Spanish, French, German and English - and possibly Dutch). The dentist who dealt with my husband yesterday spoke perfect English and explained everything perfectly in order for him to make a choice between having an extraction or having some root canal work. As it turned out, his tooth was quite badly infected but worth saving so he opted for the root canal. We returned again today to have the tooth temporarily filled and he will have to go to his own dentist when we get back next week.

It was expensive - 190 Euros - but as we have insurance for emergency medical issues we should be able to get most of it back. We also spent another 16 Euros on antibiotics and pain killers which may well be a necessity in the coming few days and I am sure all the costs would be about the same in UK.

I thoroughly recommend this dental clinic to anyone who has a problem while on holiday or even to those of you who are lucky enough to live out here! Wish I could have them as my dentists but don't think I can afford the bi annual-visits!!!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks to everyone who recommended the dental clinic in Fanabe Plaza as my OH had toothache at the weekend and I looked on the forum to find out where I could take him.

I phoned the clinic in the morning and they told us to come straight away but we may have to wait a short while until we could be seen. The clinic is on the upper floor of the Plaza and has it's own web site at: http://www.tenerife-dental.com/. They speak at least four languages (Spanish, French, German and English - and possibly Dutch). The dentist who dealt with my husband yesterday spoke perfect English and explained everything perfectly in order for him to make a choice between having an extraction or having some root canal work. As it turned out, his tooth was quite badly infected but worth saving so he opted for the root canal. We returned again today to have the tooth temporarily filled and he will have to go to his own dentist when we get back next week.

It was expensive - 190 Euros - but as we have insurance for emergency medical issues we should be able to get most of it back. We also spent another 16 Euros on antibiotics and pain killers which may well be a necessity in the coming few days and I am sure all the costs would be about the same in UK.

I thoroughly recommend this dental clinic to anyone who has a problem while on holiday or even to those of you who are lucky enough to live out here! Wish I could have them as my dentists but don't think I can afford the bi annual-visits!!!

colin7777
18-12-2012, 17:51
We have arrived in Tenerife and the wife now has toothache, I have looked through the various threads but can not find one that is close to Puerto Santiago (Los Gigantes).
Can anyone recommend a Dentist local to us as we do not have any transport, don't mind paying a reasonable amount for a Taxi to get to an excellent dentist.
It looks like she needs a filling as it was mentioned at her last visit in England but they said it could be done next time.
English speaking would be required as not sure a bit of pointing and the screams will explain what is wrong.
Any idea what the price should be for a filling, would be nice not to get wripped off just as they see us as a one off tourist capture.
Regards
Colin

Dental Implant
18-12-2012, 19:47
Dear Mr. Colin,
Dental Implant (Dental Helath Center). We are a Dental practice located in Los Cristianos, just 20 minutes away from Puerto Santiago. The direct bus line to Los Cristianos is 477 and it depatures every hour, so you can come from Puerto Santiago and once you get to Los Cristianos's main bus stop you can call to the practice 922 794 623 and we'll pick you up and bring you here for a check up. Language is not a problem because our doctor is english spoken, also trained and registered in UK. We work from 09:30AM to 18:30 all day long.

Any further information do not hesitate to contact us by phone or either in our web page: www.dentalimplant.com.es/en/

My regards,
Rafael Oliveros

karleyjoy
23-01-2013, 06:08
To find a good dentist is not a big deal, on the internet you can find a long list of dentist and then you can check their past result and also testimonial.

jandy
03-07-2013, 00:15
Does anyone know the best dentist to go to to get dentures relined. I am looking for a dentist that can speak and understand English.

BoPeep
07-08-2013, 12:13
I have been trying to call up the website for the dentist that does implants in Los Abrigos...its...www.dentalturismo.es but it comes up 'cant be found'. My e mail has also come up as rejected by the postmaster.

Does anyone know if all is OK there?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Oh, its all working again now so probably just a glitch or an update.

If you want a dentist they are very good and speak all the languages.

sunseeker
09-08-2013, 18:14
There's a German guy in puerto Santiago that my mate swears by.

lumpenfolk
02-03-2014, 17:53
I found a brand new ultra modern dental clinic in Tenerife Centro Medico Vida Sur, where I got superb service. A very professional team of Doctor Kucera and his super precise nurse are absolutely amazing! I have been to dentists in my life so many times that I know what I am talking about. This team really knows what they are doing, with the least pain possible. I am not scared of going to the dentist after finding them. Another good thing is that in the clinic they speak many languages - English, German, French, Spanish, Swedish, Finnish, Italian, Czech and Russian. You can find this clinic in Los Cristianos on the same side of the street where all the buses stop at the main station, a couple of meters towards the sea you will see a tall pillar with a sign and gates to the Centro Medico Vida Sur. 5319

They told us that they are working to add more insurance companies. Probably best to call for the latest info. I forgot to add the number earlier - 922 757 171.

Foz
02-03-2014, 18:30
Do you know if they accept Sanitas?