PDA

View Full Version : Employment How do I find work as a singer in Tenerife?

cheekstar
25-04-2012, 22:04
check this out for gigs etc
http://www.facebook.com/groups/99241499971/

what kind of music you going to be doing ?????

slodgedad
25-04-2012, 22:08
You may have meetings with these people but all they will do is make you a legal act.

Do not confuse them with agents in the UK.

The vast majority of your work, including paperwork other than basic social, will have to be done by you

seanocelt
26-04-2012, 02:32
We have an Emma Jones singing over here now! Check out facebook page "tenerife entertainers available tonight". Emma, whether you are ok, good ,great or brilliant, a lot of singers are struggling to get a few gigs a week, after doing 2 a night not so long ago. Tough times right now, but good luck, Sean (ex Omagh).

grumps
26-04-2012, 11:20
Also just to say...the agents will charge you e100 plus a month just to make you legal and probably won`t get you any work.Good luck.

poshbird22
26-04-2012, 12:42
As other people have stated, it is hard at the moment. Bars are closing, cancelling acts at last minute and an awful lot of entertainers on the island trying to make a living. We have been here 9 months and my husband has walked miles speaking to bars and clubs to promote himself. Good luck on your venture but as stated, a lot of it will be down to you to promote yourself.

junglejim
26-04-2012, 16:11
This is probably the quietest part of the season to come here - Easter Holidays are done - a few places close in May and re-open end of June .
Bars are definitely less busy now and as stated a lot of acts get short notice cancellations as not enough customers to pay for staff and act .
I would be very wary of making a living during this period but it might be worthwhile having a look round - good luck!