PDA

View Full Version : Other How is DHL mail delivered in Tenerife?

orphias
26-04-2012, 14:51
Hi

I recently ordered a product from an online store that will be delivered via DHL.

I've provided them with my full address (Private Home)

But I'm wondering how i will actually receive the parcel ?

Will the courier nock on the door of my apartment ?

Or will i receive confirmation form the post office to collect ?

Sorry It's my first time using "International Express Mail".

gazza
26-04-2012, 15:05
Really depends on customs, sometimes they will inspect your item and you will have to pay tax on it, sometimes they get through and the local post will either deliver or leave a note to pick up.
This has been my experience with them.
Just hope your goods arrive in good condition, i had to claim compensation for a recent package and it took 9 weeks to resolve, and a few legal threats, ie c.c.judgement. But i got it in the end

cainaries
26-04-2012, 15:12
Hi

I recently ordered a product from an online store that will be delivered via DHL.

I've provided them with my full address (Private Home)

But I'm wondering how i will actually receive the parcel ?

Will the courier nock on the door of my apartment ?

Or will i receive confirmation form the post office to collect ?

Sorry It's my first time using "International Express Mail".

Hi, can you track it online? You should be able to since it's with DHL. You will probably need to supply them with your NIE number. If you can track it online and see that it is in Madrid, personally, I would call the DHL advice line/helpline/whatever and ask them when you can expect it. The courier companies seem to operate differently in Spain. I'd go and have a look at the DHL webpage and see what it tells you.

Jelly Baby
26-04-2012, 15:13
Every time I use DHL the man comes to my door to deliver the parcel as it has to be signed for. Never yet had him deliver without my having to fork out some money :(

Brian
26-04-2012, 15:42
Every time I use DHL the man comes to my door to deliver the parcel as it has to be signed for. Never yet had him deliver without my having to fork out some money :(

I have had parcels delivered from the UK by DHL and each time I have had to pay them an documentation fee of 21€ plus local taxes on delivery. Now I try to avoid them.

golf birdie
26-04-2012, 16:04
advoid them at all cost if you can. They always charge for something. Had a parcel which qualified fo tax at 78 cents and they charged 28€ for doing the bill. Never had any charge like it from any other delivery company.

orphias
26-04-2012, 21:07
I have had to pay them a documentation fee of 21€ plus local taxes

NONE of this was explained whilst making the order.

Hope! they don't ask for to much, cos I'm not one to be dealt with.