PDA

View Full Version : My car had an ITV in Adeje and I haven't got a screen sticker

tripadviser
29-04-2012, 20:33
Hi all,

I purchased my car in March this year, the garage got the ITV done on my car 12/03/2012. To date I have still have not got the sticker for my window or any papers for the car. I this normal in Tenerife. I have a document stating the date the ITV was done which I bring with me in my car

lesbroz
29-04-2012, 20:51
Once the ITV is completed and the car has 'Passed'. The mechanic places the sticker on your windscreen for you. I would go back to whomever you purchased the car from, or take the paperwork back to the ITV centre and query there.

golf birdie
29-04-2012, 21:35
Hi all,

I purchased my car in March this year, the garage got the ITV done on my car 12/03/2012. To date I have still have not got the sticker for my window or any papers for the car. I this normal in Tenerife. I have a document stating the date the ITV was done which I bring with me in my car

if the car passed it would have he sticker. Something very wrong here.

slodgedad
01-05-2012, 01:24
The way it works in Las Chafiras is that once your car has gone through the 'obstacle course' you wait a minute outside and the sticker is given to you, along with the paper.

Ashro Autos
01-05-2012, 01:41
If you pm me your registration i will enquire to see if your papers are there as we deal with both stations.Slodgedad is correct with everything he has said so maybe the mechanic has either driven off without it our it has not passed.

timmylish
01-05-2012, 03:15
In addition to Ashro,s comments and Slodgie,s no matter what, the car is never ever released without the person taking the car in for inspection being given a document of failure or passage and if the latter then the sticker is attached by the testing official to the windcreen.

casabonny
01-05-2012, 09:03
Its far more likely that there were no papers ,lost stolen etc and they are waiting for a duplicate Ficha which they say is 15 days normally but often is longer.Provided you have a justificanta from a Gestor or the garage ( if they are able ) then you are okay to drive.The stickers are not given until the ficha tecnica is finished although with the paper form the ITV showing a pass and application for a duplicate you are permitted to drive.
Best bet as has been said go back to where you bought it .