PDA

View Full Version : I am going to Puerto Rico, any advice?

mini--c
29-04-2012, 21:57
Well after been to tenerife last year for the 3rd time ive decided to try out puerto rico this summer! Anyone ever been? looking for any advice on what to do avoid and that? also will the price of food,drink etc be must different to tenerife? is there €1 pints haha?
thanks in advance

seanocelt
30-04-2012, 01:49
Its much dearer. So, cancel, and come "home "to Tenerife. Sure, its hard to beat.

Leam_Lin
30-04-2012, 07:22
Hope you like it hilly.

Medman
30-04-2012, 07:37
Well after been to tenerife last year for the 3rd time ive decided to try out puerto rico this summer! Anyone ever been? looking for any advice on what to do avoid and that? also will the price of food,drink etc be must different to tenerife? is there €1 pints haha?
thanks in advance

Advice ........... Contact the Gran Canaria Forum........ :D

Balcony
30-04-2012, 08:15
Looks nice, but is it same thing just someplace else?

Simon-M
30-04-2012, 08:18
If you like the 1980's it will be just for you. It's like walking into a 1982 time warp.

angus
30-04-2012, 09:08
If you like the 1980's it will be just for you. It's like walking into a 1982 time warp.

I think you're mixing it up with Tenerife. :)

Simon-M
30-04-2012, 09:10
I think you're mixing it up with Tenerife. :)

Not the bit of Tenerife I live in ;)

angus
30-04-2012, 11:37
Just a couple of years ahead then eh Simon. :)

Malteser Monkey
30-04-2012, 11:42
Ahhh i thought you meant in the Caribbean

where do we go for the 90's they were the best ?:D

gandt2000
30-04-2012, 12:46
If you are referring to Puerto Rico in the Caribbean, you will find everything is about 50-70% more than it is here.
If you refer to Puerto de la Cruz here in Tenerife, you will find it not a lot different to here in the south, although not as many tourists.
A must visit is Loro Park!!

Simon-M
30-04-2012, 12:59
If you are referring to Puerto Rico in the Caribbean, you will find everything is about 50-70% more than it is here.
If you refer to Puerto de la Cruz here in Tenerife, you will find it not a lot different to here in the south, although not as many tourists.
A must visit is Loro Park!!

Puerto Rico is in Gran Canaria (not Tenerife :))

Malteser Monkey
30-04-2012, 13:05
Puerto Rico is in Gran Canaria (not Tenerife :))

so many Puertos so little time:D

have a lovely time wherever you end up !:crazy:

dokgolf
30-04-2012, 13:19
thanks in advance

We have been there 3 times since 2005. It is hilly but taxis are very cheap. Also, there are 2 commercial centres where the vast majority of shops/restaurants are situated. If you like steak, I would recommend "La Cabana" in the Centro Commercial. Also, Don Quixote out past the marina ( a little expensive but fabulous). There is also a fantastic walk along the cliff to Amadores , a stunning beach in a horse shoe bay. There you find lovely restaurants where you can eat while looking at the setting sun. The only drawback about Puerto Rico, imo, is that it gets very hot in the summer. The whole resort is a sun trap because of the way it is built onto the valley's sides. If you want to know anymore, PM me.

P.S. The prices there are very reasonable e.g. Huge T-Bone with pepper sauce 10 - 13 euro

Malteser Monkey
30-04-2012, 13:49
We have been there 3 times since 2005. It is hilly but taxis are very cheap. Also, there are 2 commercial centres where the vast majority of shops/restaurants are situated. If you like steak, I would recommend "La Cabana" in the Centro Commercial. Also, Don Quixote out past the marina ( a little expensive but fabulous). There is also a fantastic walk along the cliff to Amadores , a stunning beach in a horse shoe bay. There you find lovely restaurants where you can eat while looking at the setting sun. The only drawback about Puerto Rico, imo, is that it gets very hot in the summer. The whole resort is a sun trap because of the way it is built onto the valley's sides. If you want to know anymore, PM me.

P.S. The prices there are very reasonable e.g. Huge T-Bone with pepper sauce 10 - 13 euro

Wotcha dok ! How's you !

How much without the sauce:crazy::cheeky:

angus
30-04-2012, 14:32
Wotcha dok ! How's you !

I think dermot is ok. :)

tozcal2011
30-04-2012, 14:59
Mind the mosquitoes. They may be by the coast but, also inland, except in very dry altitudes. Take a mosquito repellent with you.

Malteser Monkey
30-04-2012, 15:02

you think or you know ? it's a whole world of difference:cheeky:

tozcal2011
30-04-2012, 15:07
:goodluck: then for deserting us by going to Puerto Rico on Gran Canaria. Why fool us in the first place?

dokgolf
30-04-2012, 15:43
Wotcha dok ! How's you !

Not bad MM. A person of my standing wouldn't know how much without sauce! Leave that to the common folk. Simples , innit!

:D:D:D Mmmmm...further investigation required here methinks!