PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for the Titanic

Vortex Wake
30-04-2012, 06:32
Australian billionaire Clive Palmer to build Titanic II. Mr Palmer says the Titanic replica will be a tribute to the men and women who built the original ship

Clive Palmer, one of Australia's richest men, has commissioned a Chinese state-owned company to build a 21st Century version of the Titanic.
The mining billionaire told Australian media that construction will start at the end of next year.
It would be ready to set sail in 2016.
The plan, he added, is for the vessel to be as similar as possible to the original Titanic in design and specifications, but with modern technology.
Mr Palmer told Australian media that he had signed a memorandum of understanding with CSC Jinling Shipyard to construct the ship.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17890754

dokgolf
30-04-2012, 13:33
Big job to have that ready by 2016. I guess it will be "all hands on deck" then.... sorry!:ashamed::ashamed:

TOTO 99
30-04-2012, 13:50
I bet his insurance has gone up. That last one really messed up the no claims bonus....:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
30-04-2012, 14:10
I bet his insurance has gone up. That last one really messed up the no claims bonus....:laugh:

and that was just the tip of the iceberg:titanic::bolt:

dokgolf
30-04-2012, 15:47
and that was just the tip of the iceberg:titanic::bolt:

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughin g: That will take the wind out of his sails!................................. Oh this is getting ridiculous now

Jackie
01-05-2012, 18:34
When do the tickets go on sale...there's a few people I'd like to send on it's maiden voyage ;)

TIS
01-05-2012, 18:44
So he's not building a replica - otherwise the damned thing would be liable to sink and the captain would run from the first sight of any iceberg!

He's building a ship and using the Titanic's name to gain a lot of free publicity. That's clever.

irishmusico
01-05-2012, 18:48
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Classic!

vpapz
16-05-2012, 03:49
if it all turned to flap, they could all jump off from the ship,.submerge themselves!::goodluck: