PDA

View Full Version : Canaries unemployment increases

Canarian Weekly
30-04-2012, 12:30
UNEMPLOYMENT*in the Canaries has risen to an alarming 32.28% over the first three months of this year, some 5.98% more than at the close of 2011, according to the latest report from the National Statistics Institute. An additional 20,400 people lost their jobs during the period, bringing the total to 362,300 people out of work [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/canaries-unemployment-increases/)

angus
30-04-2012, 17:32
Wow, getting close to half a million, that's huge considering it's the "official" figure.
Add another 20%+ for the real figure and you soon realise that it's no longer sustainable. something has to give.

I'd better stop there and leave it to the resident expert analysts of the forum.
Come on Satellite, where are you? :)

warbey
30-04-2012, 18:37
And People are still arriving in the "Promised Land" despite warnings.

9PLUS
30-04-2012, 19:17
and still people are working whilst claiming el Paro.

YOUNG GOLFER
30-04-2012, 19:25
And still some forum members can't wait for a reason to put Tenerife down.... in fact i get the feeling some members enjoy it.:(

angus
30-04-2012, 20:10
And still some forum members can't wait for a reason to put Tenerife down.... in fact i get the feeling some members enjoy it.:(

And still some members live in la la land.

Good game this. :laugh:

warbey
30-04-2012, 20:21

Canarian Weekly too.? They are all at it. ? or reporting FACT.?

I keep coming back, without rose~tinted Glasses.

angus
30-04-2012, 20:33
It may take a while for things to get better employment wise, but I think of it as a cleansing process where all the chaff will be forced to leave and look elsewhere.
It's a cycle that's been happening throughout economic history and although it bites, it should be embraced.
Better times will be ushered in because of it. :)

YOUNG GOLFER
30-04-2012, 20:34
And still some members live in la la land.

Good game this. :laugh:

Not really a game to be honest........ Tenerife like most places in the world are going through tough times.....as for la la land been here 25yrs rather call it home thanks angus.

UK NEWS

This is shaping up to be the longest recession the UK has ever experienced.

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2011/10/recession-growth-economy

Let's just hope things get better for everyone in what ever country we might live in.....not much fun seeing folk without work or money or even a home.

angus
30-04-2012, 20:44
Not really a game to be honest........ Tenerife like most places in the world are going through tough times.....as for la la land been here 25yrs rather call it home thanks angus.

UK NEWS

This is shaping up to be the longest recession the UK has ever experienced.

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2011/10/recession-growth-economy

Let's just hope things get better for everyone in what ever country we might live in.....not much fun seeing folk without work or money or even a home.

I take it you've never lived in a third world country where poverty surrounds you constantly and the fight against decadence is a daily ritual.
Perhaps many were blinded by the farce of cheap money and borrowed wealth.

I had many years living in countries where abject poverty was the norm and nothing was ever taken for granted.
This boom was like a never ending party but sadly as with all parties, there is always a mess to clean up afterwards.

We all have to live within our means and that includes Tenerife. :)

YOUNG GOLFER
30-04-2012, 20:51
I take it you've never lived in a third world country where poverty surrounds you constantly and the fight against decadence is a daily ritual. Perhaps many were blinded by the farce of cheap money and borrowed wealth.
I had many years living in countries where abject poverty was the norm and nothing was ever taken for granted.

We all have to live within our means and that includes Tenerife. :)

Well can't say i have lived in a 3rd world country but i have done a fair bit for people here living in poverty in the pass.....and i have seen with my own eyes how tough some people have it.....i guess living in a cave counts for poverty.

9PLUS
30-04-2012, 20:54
Cave or El Fralie

cheers

x

angus
30-04-2012, 20:55
Well can't say i have lived in a 3rd world country but i have done a fair bit for people here living in poverty in the pass.....and i have seen with my own eyes how tough some people have it.....i guess living in a cave counts for poverty.

Well I hope you're still taking the positivity serum, glass half full and all that. :)

YOUNG GOLFER
30-04-2012, 20:57
Well I hope you're still taking the positivity serum, glass half full and all that. :)

Well that's a start glass half full will do for now.

bonitatime
01-05-2012, 12:53
Cave or El Fralie

cheers

x

I have a Canarian friend who just bought a flat in El Fraile for 26,000 and is very pleased
Everything is relative

Simon-M
01-05-2012, 14:23
I have a Canarian friend who just bought a flat in El Fraile for 26,000 and is very pleased
Everything is relative

Was he downsizing from the cave :)

CIM
01-05-2012, 15:41
Isn't one of the main problems for Spain that so many of those employed in unskilled roles seem to think that once they have worked for 12 months, it is then their God-given right to have 6 months off whilst claiming back all the money they paid in during those 6 months by claiming paro and maybe working 3 o 4 of those months cash in hand?

It's little wonder the Government cannot afford to keep helping those who're now out of work - there's nothing left in the pot!

henry
01-05-2012, 16:32
for me i been out of work since wow bout a year now. and my paro dried up back in july of last year. it a good thing i still linging with my parents. but man 1 year without working is far too long... in order for me to collect paro again i have to work 9 months.

macdonald5
01-05-2012, 17:57
my ex father in law aint worked since the berlin wall came down and he gets €600 coz hes got a bad back....

Sounds like why Britain is broke, Simple economics if you have not put in the pot how on earth can you expect to take from it weekly or monthly ????
I cannot understand the whole picture and I thought I was reasonably intelligent