PDA

View Full Version : Just advised not posted in a while, how long & does it really matter?

VideoMem
01-05-2012, 14:16
If I had something constructive to contribute I would do so not inane drivel:(:jumping::jumping:

TOTO 99
01-05-2012, 14:19
If I had something constructive to contribute I would do so not inane drivel:(:jumping::jumping:

I've never let that hold me back....:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
01-05-2012, 14:23
I've never let that hold me back....:laugh:

me tampoco

infact very rarely do I have anything constructive to add:D

don't all shout at once

Madre
01-05-2012, 14:49
Yes I have this on mine as well, it should go after this post then ! Its a very annoying box and likewise I post when I think appropriate!!

DeeD
01-05-2012, 15:20
Glad I can reply to this, now maybe I'll get rid of that annoying banner!

Added after 17 minutes:

:jump2:Yeah! It's gone, that is until the next time!

Mawkin
01-05-2012, 17:43
Another one posting to remove that box.

irishmusico
01-05-2012, 18:41

It should be pointed out that this forum mainly exists for posters of inane drivel.When you think about it,if you were to really examine the amount of intelligent content on here you would find that in actuality,based on the current everyday posters on this forum,that the type of real and lucid expressions of intelligent content,by the more clever members is directly proportional to the amount of times a comment of real value is posted,and furthermore,if the cleverer ones were to post less inane drivel,disguised as over the top,tongue in cheek,stupid adolescent,childish humor,then the real posters of inane drivel might have a better chance to contribute something of a much lesser content,which in itself would totally encourage other posters of inane drivel to contribute their fair share and actually making the reputation of this forum for being a place where inane drivel is actively welcomed by all forum members and not only posted by the few,who are encouraged by actual messages to post more inane drivel.Incidentally I did not ever have any type of relationship with Simon Cowell.............But I did get a message from the forum congratulating me on my 100 post and asking me to announce it so all the other members could congratulate me and tell me how bloody fantastic I am and that message won't go away either.So you are all doomed to congratulate me with inane drivel and general back slapping all around................I could do this drivel all day by the way :)

tizzywizzy
01-05-2012, 20:32
It should be pointed out that this forum mainly exists for posters of inane drivel.When you think about it,if you were to really examine the amount of intelligent content on here you would find that in actuality,based on the current everyday posters on this forum,that the type of real and lucid expressions of intelligent content,by the more clever members is directly proportional to the amount of times a comment of real value is posted,and furthermore,if the cleverer ones were to post less inane drivel,disguised as over the top,tongue in cheek,stupid adolescent,childish humor,then the real posters of inane drivel might have a better chance to contribute something of a much lesser content,which in itself would totally encourage other posters of inane drivel to contribute their fair share and actually making the reputation of this forum for being a place where inane drivel is actively welcomed by all forum members and not only posted by the few,who are encouraged by actual messages to post more inane drivel.Incidentally I did not ever have any type of relationship with Simon Cowell.............But I did get a message from the forum congratulating me on my 100 post and asking me to announce it so all the other members could congratulate me and tell me how bloody fantastic I am and that message won't go away either.So you are all doomed to congratulate me with inane drivel and general back slapping all around................I could do this drivel all day by the way :)

well I must congratulate you on reaching 100 posts. Keep up the inane drivel:laugh:

irishmusico
02-05-2012, 19:47
well I must congratulate you on reaching 100 posts. Keep up the inane drivel:laugh:

Why thank you.I try. :)

VideoMem
16-05-2012, 18:08
Again the message appears about not posting "For a while" as the last time was only a few days ago on the 1st may, can I ask what is the time span before the anoying message banner appears ?:mad::jumping:

Why does the count remain the same as my post on the 1st May at 63 and again today still is 63 ?:wave::tiphat:

Mawkin
16-05-2012, 19:57
Just posting so mine should be gone as well.

VideoMem
17-06-2012, 18:13
[QUOTE=VideoMem;177877]Again the message appears about not posting "For a while" as the last time was only a few days ago on the 2nd June, can I ask what is the time span before the anoying message banner appears ?:mad::jumping:]:jumping::jumping:

Please answer the above question:wave:

anegib
18-06-2012, 10:53
I too am posting just to get rid of the annoying box.

carpenter
18-06-2012, 15:49
I am hoping that by posting this message then this stupid banner will disappear from my browser. Oh yeah yey me for doing a 100 thingy's

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

nope still there, how do i get rid of it please?

Malteser Monkey
18-06-2012, 15:53
What banner ? don't understand ?

Arona1
18-06-2012, 15:56
This one

Hi there Arona1,

It looks like you've not posted in a while. We don't bite, and by contributing to a thread or replying to a question, you help keep our thriving community interesting and vibrant for all.

Please start a thread or reply to an unanswered one in order to help out another member. We're happy for your contributions!

If you are having problems using the forum, then our FAQ can help, or you can ask a question in our Help Forum.

Hopefully thats it now vanished

Malteser Monkey
18-06-2012, 16:01
and what about Carpenters annoying banner ?

as he has been posting

Medman
18-06-2012, 16:26
and what about Carpenters annoying banner ?

as he has been posting

You ask too many questions ! :twak: :D

Malteser Monkey
18-06-2012, 16:29
You ask too many questions ! :twak: :D

Why ?........

carpenter
18-06-2012, 16:38
I think it's gone..... who done what?

ruffus
18-06-2012, 16:41
I too have an annoying banner, please tell me how I can get rid of mine...........mine is

Congratulations ruffus!!!

You have made 250 posts on the Tenerife Forum and are now a Super Tenerifian! Why not make an announcement so that other members can congratulate you too?

You are a valued member that contributes to our thriving community. Without members like you, we would not exist... so a BIG thank you from us :)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Yey, mine has gone :)

ruggernutter
18-06-2012, 16:59
mine hasn't tho

atlantico
18-06-2012, 17:01
I'm posting in the hope that mine goes too ! It's reminding me to post, and I will when something worthwhile appears to comment upon.

PhilCrean
19-06-2012, 11:45
Why don't you get rid of this stupid message.....Please!

Hi there PhilCrean,

It looks like you've not posted in a while. We don't bite, and by contributing to a thread or replying to a question, you help keep our thriving community interesting and vibrant for all.

Please start a thread or reply to an unanswered one in order to help out another member. We're happy for your contributions!

If you are having problems using the forum, then our FAQ can help, or you can ask a question in our Help Forum.

Bob
19-06-2012, 11:47
exactly, it is an individual choice whether or not to participate

VideoMem
09-07-2012, 21:12
Here we go again ! the annoying banner has appeared once more, it really should be banned !!:devil2:

balababe
09-07-2012, 21:28
Another post made just to get rid of the banner. I enjoy Tenerife Forum, look at it nearly every day and sometimes contribute - but I do not want to be forced to.

Mawkin
09-07-2012, 22:18
Bingo banner gone.

slodgedad
09-07-2012, 22:41
The problem has been reported on numerous occasions and is being investigated.

It is an automatic response that is being dealt with.

Remember, the Forum is run by unpaid volunteers and is a non profit organization, so some things take time to remedy.

PhilCrean
25-07-2012, 18:05
Hi there PhilCrean,