PDA

View Full Version : To dear Sunspot

YOUNG GOLFER
03-05-2012, 01:04
I know things are very hard for you right now i just want to say we miss you on here ....but i know your hubby is not very well but please please remember i and many other forum members are thinking of you right now.
Take care YG.x

timmylish
03-05-2012, 01:41
Although we do not know each other, on Monday, I was made aware of your OH,s ill health, by mutual acquaintances. I wish both of you well.

slodgedad
03-05-2012, 02:27
Chris, you've got my number. If you need a lift anywhere give us a call. I know you don't drive.

Ecky Thump
03-05-2012, 05:59
I am not sure that Chris at the moment will see this thread, but I know through my and my wife's recent phone conversations with her that she will greatly appreciate that people are thinking of her and John, who as some of you are aware is very poorly and has been in hospital for some time, so as a close friend of them both, I will thank you for her, for your thoughts, prayers and kind offers of help.

At the moment Chris's daughter is over from the UK, so she will be having some immediate support from her.

For now, what we can do is what Chris I know wants us to do, and that is for us all to continue pray for John's return to good health and offer any support for her and John that we can.

Thank you,
Eric

Suej
03-05-2012, 10:08
I have also been in touch with Chris and cannot beilieve what she and John are going through right now! Chris was my first friend on this Forum and if there is anything I can do she only has to say the word! Stay strong Chris! we are here for you any time! XXX

cainaries
03-05-2012, 10:13
I don't know Chris personally but she has given me invaluable advice by PMs. Very sorry to hear life is tough for them both at the moment and hope things improve very very soon. Fingers and paws crossed.

doreen
03-05-2012, 11:05
Chris, our thoughts are with you and John.

We pride ourselves on being a Helping Forum ... let us know what we can do to make life a little easier :)

dede
03-05-2012, 11:09
Sending hugs to Chris and John at this difficult time. Keep positive.xx

Malteser Monkey
03-05-2012, 11:16
hug from me tooxx

Medman
03-05-2012, 13:01
Unfortunately all most of us can do is to have you both in our thoughts and prayers. Be assured that will be done. x

Mia
03-05-2012, 14:28
Chris, I also do not know you and John, but I hope John makes a speedy recovery.

AL JAY
03-05-2012, 16:21
This time last year we had a lovely night out with John & Chris and i had a PM from her last night telling me of Johns plight,If you need someone to talk to we are all here for you Chris,*Big hugs to both of you* xx

lesbroz
03-05-2012, 16:23
Hi Chris, Hope John is soon on the mend. I understand now why your banter has been missing from the forum for so long.

I'm back over in 3 weeks, so if there is anything I can do to assist. Let me know.

My thoughts and Prayers are with you both.

Leam_Lin
03-05-2012, 17:43
Thinking of you both.

Santiago
03-05-2012, 21:11
I only know you from your cheerful and amusing posts on the Forum, Sunspot, but have missed your banter and hope that soon things will improve for your husband and that you will be able to return to us with some good news!

sunspot
03-05-2012, 22:12
Thank you so much for all your kind words and i wish that with so many people praying we could make things better for John but we both have accepted this will not happen,john is in the OFRA hospice in Taco where he will be to such time he cant stay with me anymore,he is being so very brave and all is wants is to be without the pain anymore,we dont know when but john is ready to say goodbye which really is so hard when i really want him to stay,he says hes the lucky one being given a chance to say his goodbyes personally when many dont get the chance.
I know you are all thinking of john which will be a great comfort to him when i tell him tomorrow,bless you all......chris

Megaloo
03-05-2012, 22:24
My thoughts and Prayers are with you both and all your family I do not know either of you, but we can see uphold you with our thoughts and Prayers

imablue
03-05-2012, 22:25
I too don,t know you both personally.. your above post is very heart warming..
our thoughts at this moment in time are with you both...

YOUNG GOLFER
03-05-2012, 22:25
Thank you so much for all your kind words and i wish that with so many people praying we could make things better for John but we both have accepted this will not happen,john is in the OFRA hospice in Taco where he will be to such time he cant stay with me anymore,he is being so very brave and all is wants is to be without the pain anymore,we dont know when but john is ready to say goodbye which really is so hard when i really want him to stay,he says hes the lucky one being given a chance to say his goodbyes personally when many dont get the chance.
I know you are all thinking of john which will be a great comfort to him when i tell him tomorrow,bless you all......chris

I will not hide the fact i am feeling very sad right now hun..... please tell him i said hi and please tell him i thank him and you for all the help you have given me to help others in the pass.
Please if you want PM me and i will be more than happy to come and see you.....but again only if you want.
Any help with lifts call me or anything to do with the business i will help if you need it.
Please take care my dearxx

TenerifeFanatic
03-05-2012, 23:05
Wish I could put my arms around you both and give you a great big hug.x

timmylish
04-05-2012, 00:34

Good heavens what an incredibly brave and honest posting on your own circumstances. Although I, and others, may not be religious, we nevertheless are thinking of you both and ask you to try to maintain that bravery as there is always hope.

tizzywizzy
04-05-2012, 08:04

You have many friends on here who will be here for you when you need them. Take care and Harmonicaman and I are thinking of you both.

warbey
04-05-2012, 19:03
I salute You as a very brave Lady.

We never met, but I hope to one Day.

I too send My Prayers

melm
04-05-2012, 19:10
Like warbey we have never met ........you are so brave. sending you lots of good wishes

marbro8
04-05-2012, 19:43
Like warbey we have never met ........you are so brave. sending you lots of good wisheswe have met, firstly at a forum meet up in o'jangles, straight away we knew what a lovely genuine couple they are, cris even went out of her way to get my brother in laws birthday cake for us in october just gone so that we could have a surprise birthday party for him(i am shedding a few tears writing this) all you can do cris is be with him and tell him how much he is loved, we are over again on the 14th may if there is anything you need just pm me and god bless you both xxxxxx

Ecky Thump
12-05-2012, 18:38
I had a surprise phone call this morning from John, he was very chirpy and in a humorous mood, talking about our nights out with Chris and Carol (my wife), the meals that we have had and in what restaurants, also he made me promise to visit him and take Chris out to his favourite restaurant (Pimms in Los Christianos) when we are over in June, but not to let Chris drink to much.

I told John that Carol is doing "The Walk For Life" in Irvine, Scotland tomorrow and that she will have his name and Tenerife on her back.

John gave me a brief insight into his illness and the treatment he is receiving, he assures me that he gets pain relief through the medication that he is given.

warbey
12-05-2012, 18:43
Thanks for that Ecky.
Much appreciated.

Suej
12-05-2012, 19:02
Thanks from me too Ecky! I know Chris was extremely distressed a while back about the pain John was in I am as pleased as I can be to hear he is comfortable!

TenerifeFanatic
12-05-2012, 19:50
Great to get some encouraging news on Chris and John. They are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Sal
12-05-2012, 20:49
Thinking of you Chris and John. Big hugs to you both. x x x

AL JAY
12-05-2012, 22:00
Thinking of you Chris and John. Big hugs to you both. x x x

And from me too,Also good luck to Carol in "The Walk of Life" tomorrow! Thanks Ecky!!!

lesbroz
13-05-2012, 15:52
Good Luck to Carol, although she has probably finished the walk by now. Thanks Ecky for the update, glad to hear that John is able to cope with the help of the pain relief. Still in my thoughts and prayers.

Ecky Thump
13-05-2012, 16:30

Carol and friends walking for John at todays Walk for Life.
:)

Suej
13-05-2012, 16:50

Fantastic! Thanks for the pics Ecky! Give Carol a huge hug! and all her friends! Well done!!! Do you know how much was raised at this event?

Ecky Thump
13-05-2012, 16:59
Fantastic! Thanks for the pics Ecky! Give Carol a huge hug! and all her friends! Well done!!! Do you know how much was raised at this event?

I think Carol and friends raised about £550, I'm not sure of the overall total, but there were at least couple of thousand girls who took part.

John will be surprised that Carol finished, as every time that we went out with him, John carried Carol home!!:)

Megaloo
13-05-2012, 17:12
Hugs to Chris and John I do not know you but still keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

A friend of mine did the Moonwalk last night in London in her Bra,
and another friend is going from here next month to go to Peterborough for the Walk for Life there .

Sal
13-05-2012, 19:02

Well done Carol! Sure John appreciates it.

tizzywizzy
13-05-2012, 19:31

well done Carol.

TenerifeFanatic
13-05-2012, 19:32
Well done Carol!! John will be so proud!!Just make sure Mr Ecky Thump massages all of your aching bits!!x

john01
13-05-2012, 20:27
Thinking of you Chris and John hope things got a lot better soon .......:)

lesbroz
13-05-2012, 20:53

)

Thank you for the photos. Well done Carol.

marbro8
13-05-2012, 21:18
well done from us as well carol, we subscribe to candis a local cancer org, it is taken out of our account every month, it is a great pity that the government do not do more against this horrible disease but together as a nation we can make a difference by donations and actions such as the walk of life:c2:

sunspot
13-05-2012, 23:16
thankyou Carol,you really touched john with your walk for him, he was talking about it to friends this afternoon and was very emotional, thankyou all so much for your kind words
and i have told him about this forum thread,i am spending the next couple of days in Ofra with john ,the care of the nurses in there is absolutly wonderfull and we are both glad that john can spend his time left with such caring people, bless you all xx

karinagal
14-05-2012, 00:16
I will keep both Chris and John in my thoughts and prayers. It will be a difficult journey, but you are blessed to have each other. Such love knows no bounds.

Karina

Ecky Thump
18-05-2012, 09:29
Chris and I had a chat on the phone last night, Chris knows that you are all still thinking of her and John, also she sends her best wishes to you all and her thanks for the messages of support that she has received.
John as you all know remains in hospital where he continues to receive treatment for this debilitating illness that he is suffering from, the treatment involves very large dosages of Morphine to relieve his agonising pains, which it partially does, the downside of the Morphine is that it affects John's mobility, if he elects for a small dose, then he has agonising pains, if as he does at the moment receive the larger dose then his mobility suffers and he sleeps a lot.
John for the most part is in great spirit and still continues to use his sense of humour, aimed, I am sure at the pretty nurses who care for him, so much so, that Chris spends three or four nights a week to be beside him!!:)

Medman
18-05-2012, 09:41
Chris and I had a chat on the phone last night, Chris knows that you are all still thinking of her and John, also she sends her best wishes to you all and her thanks for the messages of support that she has received.
John as you all know remains in hospital where he continues to receive treatment for this debilitating illness that he is suffering from, the treatment involves very large dosages of Morphine to relieve his agonising pains, which it partially does, the downside of the Morphine is that it affects John's mobility, if he elects for a small dose, then he has agonising pains, if as he does at the moment receive the larger dose then his mobility suffers and he sleeps a lot.
John for the most part is in great spirit and still continues to use his sense of humour, aimed, I am sure at the pretty nurses who care for him, so much so, that Chris spends three or four nights a week to be beside him!!:)

Thanks for the update Eric. I haven't met Chris or John, but Chris in the past always asked me to contact her when I came over and I intended to do it next time (before I knew of John's illness) which is in about 5 weeks time. Not sure what to do now.

tizzywizzy
18-05-2012, 10:00

Thank you for the updates Ecky,we are all thinking of John and Chris and it is nice to hear that he still has his sense of humour.

Ecky Thump
18-05-2012, 10:01
Thanks for the update Eric. I haven't met Chris or John, but Chris in the past always asked me to contact her when I came over and I intended to do it next time (before I knew of John's illness) which is in about 5 weeks time. Not sure what to do now.

I think at the moment what Chris needs is just messages of support and our best wishes for John in his fight against his horrible illness. I will be keeping in touch with Chris and be seeing both her and John soon.

Suej
18-05-2012, 10:57
I think at the moment what Chris needs is just messages of support and our best wishes for John in his fight against his horrible illness. I will be keeping in touch with Chris and be seeing both her and John soon.

Thanks for the update Ecky! When I last heard from Chris she took great comfort in the fact that the staff and treatment at Ofra were fantastic and had made John so much more comfortable than he was in Candelaria! My thoughts are with them!

dokgolf
18-05-2012, 15:54
I hate news like this. I feel very helpless and no matter what I say, I can't change things. I wish there was no need for this thread or any other similar ones. I have experienced a little of what John and Chris and family are going through. It helped me to know that others were thinking of us at the time so will keep you in my thoughts. Be strong for each other

warbey
18-05-2012, 19:10
Occasionally We come across a Thread that has Love in large quantities from Members of this Forum.

This must be a great comfort to You both. Sunspot; It cant be bought either.

I join with You all in sending My Thoughts to them and Theirs.

God Bless.

AL JAY
18-05-2012, 21:32
Nice post Warbs, Thinking of you Chris & John xx

TenerifeFanatic
18-05-2012, 21:46
Thanks Eric for the update. Please pass on my love to both Chris and John.