PDA

View Full Version : Samsung to launch next Galaxy (3) phone in London

Vortex Wake
03-05-2012, 06:42
Samsung to launch next Galaxy phone at London event

Samsung will put the rumours and alleged leaks about its next flagship smartphone to rest when it unveils the handset in London later on Thursday.
More than 20 million copies of the existing Galaxy S2 have been sold since its launch in April 2011.
Analysts say its success helped Samsung overtake Nokia to become the world's best-selling mobile phone maker.
Changes in screen size, form factor and a higher-resolution camera are among changes that may drive its appeal.

"To the normal consumer the chip is not important per se, but the experience it offers is," said Carolina Milanesi, research vice president at the tech analysis firm Gartner.
"So less battery use, better touch response and the ability to better handle multitasking to let more operations be carried out simultaneously will all be noted."
Smartphone shoppers can be very fickle. Blackberry-maker Research In Motion and HTC have both seen sales lag after misjudging the appeal of their high-end devices to consumers.Models show Samsung S2 handsetsAnalysts say the Galaxy S2 helped boosted Samsung's brand and increased sales of other devices
But Gavin Byrne, principal analyst at telecoms experts CCS Insight believes Samsung should avoid the same pitfall.
"There are only two big companies in the smartphone market making sizeable volumes of profit at the moment - Samsung and Apple," he said.

More than 20 million copies of the existing Galaxy S2 have been sold since its launch in April 2011.
Analysts say its success helped Samsung overtake Nokia to become the world's best-selling mobile phone maker.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17931797

CIM
03-05-2012, 09:58
I considered waiting to see this but have just ordered the HTC One X instead :)

AL JAY
03-05-2012, 19:36
I have the Samsung Galaxy S2 and its probably the worst phone i have ever had! In fact only yesterday i reverted to my old phone and the SG2 has been put in the kitchen drawer,it has some great features but also some infuriating ones!

vpapz
16-05-2012, 03:45
nice to know having their next flagship released soon, galaxy 3, a vindication on their part, to obliterate the negative respond of their consumers of their previous unit released before this new smartphone, its far more great to have one soon...