PDA

View Full Version : Other Weather forecast here in Tenerife

Snowdrop
03-05-2012, 08:32
I have tried to get an accurate weather forecast here in Tenerife the days I want to venture out around the island , but when I search they all seem to conflict with one another. Do you think that they are all a waste of time?

tonypub
03-05-2012, 08:55
I have tried to get an accurate weather forecast here in Tenerife the days I want to venture out around the island , but when I search they all seem to conflict with one another. Do you think that they are all a waste of time?tenerife is like a mini continent.you can have sun,rain and snow all at once here.because we are in the middle of the atlantic,the weather can change real quick.can be sunny where you live,yet 1 mile up the road it may be raining.hope this helps

TOTO 99
03-05-2012, 09:33
I don't think they're a waste of time but they can never be 100% right.
If you're not setting off on your travels too early you can see for yourself on the many webcams dotted around the island.

waveydavey
03-05-2012, 15:22
Go on the AEMET website,it's run by the Canarian government and is right most of the time.

delderek
03-05-2012, 15:44
If you go to this site, which is pretty accurate, you can scroll right to the bottom, (Weather stations) and see what the current temp's are in various areas. (it may surprise you).

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=TENERIFE+SUR

webewitch
08-05-2012, 22:51
There are two main weather stations in Tenerife - one in each airport.

This site has the reports and forecasts from both: http://tenerife-weather-forecast.com

canarybird
09-05-2012, 08:55
That's a nice site if the information is correct.

But the UV index is wrong, as it's reporting low at zero, when the true UV index is currently at 10, rising to 11 with extreme at 12 predicted for Sunday,
as reported on the government Aemet weather site. (http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/municipios/santa-cruz-de-tenerife-id38038)

Canarybird

peaches2012
15-10-2012, 08:52
Good morning all,
We are due to fly out to tenerife tomorrow morning and have checked the weather forecast...................it says rain.........is the forecast usually accurate? Any locals who can confirm whether this is true or not? :cry:

Vortex Wake
15-10-2012, 09:06
Good morning all,
We are due to fly out to tenerife tomorrow morning and have checked the weather forecast...................it says rain.........is the forecast usually accurate? Any locals who can confirm whether this is true or not? :cry:

The weather will be better than expected, be warmer and my info shows less than 10% chance of rain all week.

Remember, that most forecasts that use the airports for info , can differ greatly to those resorts further away - airports by their definition are on open flat areas.

canarybird
15-10-2012, 09:15
A couple of sites, including the Aemet predict some showers at intervals on Thursday and possibly Friday, but temperatures are warm here and showers usually don't last long. Tomorrow looks fine with sun and cloud. We might get a few drops of rain today but the sun is out this morning.

peaches2012
15-10-2012, 10:27
The weather will be better than expected, be warmer and my info shows less than 10% chance of rain all week.

Remember, that most forecasts that use the airports for info , can differ greatly to those resorts further away - airports by their definition are on open flat areas.

Thank you guys you've put my mind at rest. You say warm but it is still possible to swim in the sea and sunbathe? :tiphat:

canarybird
15-10-2012, 11:05
Yes, it's always hot or at least warm enough for that!

peaches2012
15-10-2012, 17:14
Yes, it's always hot or at least warm enough for that!

Thanks that's great to know and if any of the days are not great we're hiring a car so we can use that time to go up to santa cruz. Actually while I think of it if we do go up to the north of the island which is the best town for cultural building etc would that be santa cruz?