PDA

View Full Version : Is it legal for community committee members to receive monies?

Frankiebabe
03-05-2012, 13:27
Anybody know of any community president or presidente in our case that receive monies in the form of community fees etc., for the year....We have just had an agm in february and just received the minutes of the meeting and the they show a figure of 720 euros being allocated to the presidente as a concessionary payment for the coming 12 months.....I was always on the understanding that this was against the horizontal law and no committee member or presidente can receive monies for doing her duties....We are only 70 properties in Los Cristianos on our community.....Is there an authority that anybody knows of that you can approach on this subject??....any info appreciated.....

casabonny
03-05-2012, 15:37
You are quite correct that a President does the job for free but most find a way of getting something out of it.If you have only just had you meeting you can go to the court and make an objection against all or part of what happened at the meeting meaning ( as I understand it ) that LEGALLY the comminity cannot implement any thing that has been objected to .

lesbroz
03-05-2012, 16:03
Anybody know of any community president or presidente in our case that receive monies in the form of community fees etc., for the year....We have just had an agm in february and just received the minutes of the meeting and the they show a figure of 720 euros being allocated to the presidente as a concessionary payment for the coming 12 months.....I was always on the understanding that this was against the horizontal law and no committee member or presidente can receive monies for doing her duties....We are only 70 properties in Los Cristianos on our community.....Is there an authority that anybody knows of that you can approach on this subject??....any info appreciated.....

We always award our President a set amount each year, as we value the work that he does on our behalf.

Suej
03-05-2012, 16:12
You are quite correct that a President does the job for free but most find a way of getting something out of it.If you have only just had you meeting you can go to the court and make an objection against all or part of what happened at the meeting meaning ( as I understand it ) that LEGALLY the comminity cannot implement any thing that has been objected to .

Don't you need a certain percentage of community owners to object before you can take an issue to court? I just feel I have heard something mentioned about this before.:dontknow:

René
04-05-2012, 12:01
The president cannot get wages for his job, but he can get an expense allowance.

I am always a bit annoyed by people who directly want to go to the authorities. When you report this, you are reporting the community including yourself. Instead of trying to report someone / the community it is maybe better to get involved in what is happening in your community and, if necessary, try to change it from the inside.

Don't you need a certain percentage of community owners to object before you can take an issue to court? I just feel I have heard something mentioned about this before.:dontknow:

No, that is not necessary. The conditions to challenge the agreements taken by the Board of proprietors in court are mentioned in article 18 of the horizontal property law. The translation of the horizontal property law can be found on our website.

Bhamannette
04-05-2012, 13:30
We always award our President a set amount each year, as we value the work that he does on our behalf.

Our president is fantastic and I'd have no problem paying him, but apart from expenses he doesnt get anything

casabonny
04-05-2012, 15:50
The president cannot get wages for his job, but he can get an expense allowance.

I am always a bit annoyed by people who directly want to go to the authorities. When you report this, you are reporting the community including yourself. Instead of trying to report someone / the community it is maybe better to get involved in what is happening in your community and, if necessary, try to change it from the inside.

I assume that this is directed at me and if so perhaps I should explain.Our community continually flout the law, change statues without 100 percent agreement , at meeting state that Spanish law DOES NOT APPLY to them , I could go on......It also comes to soemthing when your President returns a letter you sent him( because he stopped speaking to you because you were asking "awkward questions) stating ACCEPTANCE REFUSED !Sometimes the legal route is the only one left !

René
05-05-2012, 15:59
I assume that this is directed at me and if so perhaps I should explain.
No, not really.

Our community continually flout the law, change statues without 100 percent agreement , at meeting state that Spanish law DOES NOT APPLY to them , I could go on......
Even a greater reason to get involved. :goodluck:

casabonny
05-05-2012, 17:53
No, not really.

Even a greater reason to get involved. :goodluck:
As I am not German/Austraian and not a German speaker there is no way in!Thats not for the want of trying though, the last 10 years or so !

René
06-05-2012, 13:54
As I am not German/Austraian and not a German speaker there is no way in!Thats not for the want of trying though, the last 10 years or so !
Than indeed you have the law to protect you.

If you have only just had you meeting you can go to the court and make an objection against all or part of what happened at the meeting meaning ( as I understand it ) that LEGALLY the comminity cannot implement any thing that has been objected to .
In article 18 of the horizontal property law is mentioned that the challenging of the adopted agreements of the Board of proprietors shall not suspend the execution, unless the judge determines so as a preventive measure, at the plaintiff’s request and having heard the community of proprietors.