PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me locate my parcel in Tenerife? It's supposed to be arriving by DHL

orphias
03-05-2012, 14:07
Hi

Can anyone advise me on what to do in this situation ?

I ordered a product online one week ago and chose DHL for shipment

I was told i would receive the item within 3 days, it's now been over one week and still no delivery.

I contacted the online site and they gave there apologies and said to deal with DHL.

I contacted DHL using the tracking code, which confirmed

Tue, 01.05.12 10:21 hr. Shipment has arrived in the destination country ES.

Tue, 01.05.12 10:24 hr. Shipment is prepared for customs clearance in country of destination ES.

I then tried contacting DHL Santa Cruz to ask when i would receive the parcel

this only gave me a plethora of answer machines after which i was told DHL will not be

delivering the parcel to the door, but that a Post Office pick up is needed.

I then tried contacting the Post Office only to find there are no contact numbers but only

Complaints Form for which i filled in, and said i would receive a response by electronic post.

As you can tell by now I'm well under pressure! and frustrated! after paying €250

for an item that has not even been delivered

Last response was that of 01/05/2012 Item is Retained at Customs.

Can anyone advise me on where to go from here ? As I'm without parcel and have no idea on the island where it's located.

golf birdie
03-05-2012, 14:21
if you gave a contact number when ordering they will contact you for your NIE number. You will also have a charge to pay.

mike in chayofa
03-05-2012, 14:38
.....I contacted DHL using the tracking code, which confirmed

Tue, 01.05.12 10:21 hr. Shipment has arrived in the destination country ES.

Tue, 01.05.12 10:24 hr. Shipment is prepared for customs clearance in country of destination ES.

This doesn't mean that it is on the island. It could be on the mainland for clearance and if this is the case, it will be delivered to the island and won't need to go through customs again.

If it is on the island, you will have to wait for customs clearance and the raising of an invoice for due tax

delivering the parcel to the door, but that a Post Office pick up is needed.

My experience is that Correos will deliver it, along with an invoice for taxes and delivery ... Yes ... I know that you have probably paid for delivery on oredering, but that's usually how it works.

Simon-M
03-05-2012, 15:01
If you post about how disappointed you are on their facebook page you will get some personal support in double quick time.

cainaries
03-05-2012, 15:10
This isn't going to be any help, sorry. I went through all this when I ordered my kindle. But with UPS. In one of the conversations I had with a representative of UPS she cheerfully told me not to believe a word that was on the website as it was just lies. (UPS not DHL but I wonder how different they are). I would suggest ringing the main helpline number of DHL in Spain rather than on Tenerife - if there is such a number on their website. I also think it is pretty pathetic of the company which shipped you the goods not to be prepared to help you track it. You could try contacting your credit card company and asking for a refund - that might have a bit of an impact on the original seller.

orphias
03-05-2012, 20:59
DHL have my full address including a contact number, should they not

pass this on to the post office dealing with the delivery,

where as then i would receive a slip in the post to collect the parcel ?

How do i find out if it's retained in Tenerife customs or mainland ?

If it is on the island, you will have to wait for customs clearance and the raising of an invoice for due tax

Is this when and only when they will contact me ?

julia44
04-05-2012, 06:24
I have recent experience of this(February), the company said delivery would be 3 days. After a week DHL turned up at my house with the parcel and a bill for administration charges.

Jackie
04-05-2012, 06:39
Same here, a parcel that was supposed to take a week actually turned up four weeks later. After leaving mainland Spain it visited France and Germany before actually arriving at my front door, then they had the cheek to charge me 30 odd euros tax.

The online tracking is not really 100% either, mine told me it had been delivered to me but it actually turned up 2 days later? If it is at customs waiting for clearance you can expect at least 2 calls asking for your NIE, these could be anything from 1 - 2 weeks apart because they don't seem to get it the first time.

samnickgodber
04-05-2012, 07:05
If it has been retained by customs don´t worry they will inform you of this and ask for your details and the purchase details (this takes about a week for them to send a yellow postoffice form to you), you can just scan your stuff and email it or fax it to them (they give you details where to send it), they told me it takes around 3 days for them to clear it and then after around another week you will eventully recieve another yellow slip to collect it from the postoffice and it will alo advise you if there is any taxes to pay,,,,, hope this helps,,,, i had this problem in January this year,,,,, I also had the same problem as canarybird did with my kindle from UPS gggrrr

orphias
04-05-2012, 11:55
I need to understand something here, what DHL service have i received, are the two types ? Economy and Express ? For when i made the online order it was confirmed the item would be delivered in 3 days by DHL. (assuming that would be to my door) Otherwise what is the point in going with an Express Service when the product doesn't get to the door "within the said time" leaving you the customer exempt from all the time consuming and deliberating nonsense of the delivery process.

If the above does have anything to do with delivery options and i had known prior to ordering, i would of paid the extra for immediate delivery, as all this is just a continual headache.

cainaries
04-05-2012, 17:37
You are so right, Satellite. Strange thing is UPS and DHL don't appear to realise they haven't got an office in Tenerife. As far as I know this also applies to FEDEX. Actually, I hadn't realised they hadn't even got offices in Tenerife, I thought that was just here on La Palma. It certainly explains A Very Great Deal! Completely agree much wiser to get goods shipped via Royal Mail but this is not foolproof either.

cainaries
04-05-2012, 18:12
yes ROYAL MAIL to CORREOS in madrid then sent normal internal Spanish post to your house .my dad sent DVDs and other ´value ´´ goods never got stopped or asked for taxs ...

On the other hand we are still waiting for a small no-value parcel sent over a month ago. According to the postman it's stuck in customs. It's only got toothpaste in it - a kind we can't find here. Maybe the customs guy likes the taste of it as much as we do.

cainaries
04-05-2012, 19:04
that would have been pulled up on the ´´snifer´´ as an organic/chemical content ,so was stopped for security reasons not due to value ...

Flippin' 'eck! Thanks for the tip, won't waste money asking anyone to send any more!

orphias
07-05-2012, 13:40
OP here

This is the latest information concerning my package, sent from the online store of purchase.

Dear customer

I’m sorry to tell you that we cannot find your package, it’s lost at the customs in Spain.
I have a suggestion: we still wait until Monday if the shipment doesn’t arrive indeed and if not, we will send you the package again with another service, okay?

Have a nice weekend

best regards from "Best Service" Munich

Sandy Pletzer

Not sure where to go from here with this response, as sending it again would just incur the same situation. SATELLITE made a suggestion, forget courier service's, and use (CORREOS) Post Office, as this won't incur additional charges TAX, VAT, and will not go through customs.

If they decide on sending a fresh package can i request they send it vie normal mail as to leave out all the madness! saying that, how long will it take to receive by CORREOS ?

cainaries
07-05-2012, 14:07
All good things come in little boxes and not necessarily to the right people. I agree with Satellite - ask them to send it in the ordinary post but with a tracking number. Recorded Delivery so that you have to sign for it at your end.

orphias
07-05-2012, 22:24
Well, confused is an understatement. This is the latest tracking news so far from DHL and Correos.

From DHL.

Product / service Shipment for Export (Spain)
Status from Tue, 01.05.12 10:24 hours Shipment is prepared for customs clearance in country of destination
Next step Shipment is cleared by customs
Detailed progress of your shipment Status notification

60%

Date/time City Status
Fri, 27.04.12 15:34 h

The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically
Fri, 27.04.12 15:34 h
DE
The shipment has been picked up
Fri, 27.04.12 19:02 h
Aschheim, DE
The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
Sat, 28.04.12 03:44 h
Speyer, DE
The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center
Sat, 28.04.12 03:55 h
Speyer, DE
The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization.
Tue, 01.05.12 10:21 h
ES
The shipment has arrived in the destination country
Tue, 01.05.12 10:24 h
ES
Shipment is prepared for customs clearance in country of destination

From CORREOS.

Fechas Estados
27/04/2012 Accepted
28/04/2012 Dispatch from the point of origin international office
01/05/2012 Delivery to the destination international office
01/05/2012 In transit
01/05/2012 Retained at Customs
04/05/2012 In transit
04/05/2012 In transit
07/05/2012 In transit
07/05/2012 In transit

NOTA: Para obtener información sobre los estados, sitúe el cursor sobre cada estado

Remember the lyrics from that Queen track "I'm going slightly mad" thats me!

Maybe someone more knowledged than i can make sense of all this ?

orphias
08-05-2012, 01:06
In transit means it is going to the post office that you have selected ...

Hi SATELLITE

I didn't actually select a specific Post Office when ordering, only that i gave my full address, location ADEJE.

Sorry to sound dumb, but are you suggesting the parcel is already in Tenerife ?

Jackie
08-05-2012, 06:41
There's a surprise...it visited Germany just like mine did...only France to go and then it will be on it's way here ;)

Simon-M
08-05-2012, 09:47
Email facebookcs@dhl.com ... tell them you have lost your parcel and rather than make it public on facebook you thought you would try to email instead. Give them the parcel number and they will be on it like a shot.

Or..just continue to ignore the facebook route :)

deepdivejunkie
08-05-2012, 10:00
[QUOTE=SATELLITE;173723] .they is [U]NO DHL on tenerife . its a local company in santa cruz who have a unit and are pretty poor..they use the vans of a local cash and carry CASH DIPLO looks like UPS end up in the same van
Supermarkets and hypermarkets Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Mayorazgo. 1 Telefon922200179

[QUOTE]

Satellite, there mu be DHL in Tenerife. The UK passport office in Madrid use DHL to return documents to the sender, i.e. birth certificate etc. Mine was returned by DHL direct to my house last year. (A man with DHL uniform and DHL van).

casabonny
08-05-2012, 15:03
There is a DHL office /nave /warehouse in Tenerife , becuase I have been there and collected things.It is in the Industrial area known as Al Mayorazgo.Also on this industrial estate are various other large well known local and international companies including CASH DIPLO , just down the road.
I concur that the staff are not the best in the world but there is somewhere you can go and " shout" if thats what you want to do at them.If however OP has had a notification from the Post Office its more likely that the parcel was not sent via the courier option.

orphias
08-05-2012, 15:49
SATELLITE

if the parcel was not with the post office why would they send you paperwork for it
they would not know of its existence unless they have it

No Post Office has sent me any paperwork only that when i went to the CORREOS website and entered the tracking number the information showed

From CORREOS.

Fechas Estados
27/04/2012 Accepted
28/04/2012 Dispatch from the point of origin international office
01/05/2012 Delivery to the destination international office
01/05/2012 In transit
04/05/2012 In transit
04/05/2012 In transit
07/05/2012 In transit
07/05/2012 In transit

NOTA: Para obtener información sobre los estados, sitúe el cursor sobre cada estado

I can't find a contact number for the CORREOS as to enquire about the parcel.

Surely if they know the tracking number exists, then they should know where the package is located ???

Going backwards and forwards with emails and posts is helpful but i really need to speak

to someone direct to get this solved once and for all...

Pooh
08-05-2012, 16:26
I've ordered a lot of things delivered here since we moved to the island, close to 100 shipments so far, and one thing I've learned is to make sure the sender ALWAYS enter my Mobile phone number in the shipment papers. They call you to get your NIE -which is needed to clear customs - I give it to them, and the package arrives the next day.
If they CAN'T call you to get the NIE you are in trouble, and the item will be held for customs clearance indefinitely.
DHL packages always transit via Germany - it's their hub, since it's a German company.
Depending on the kind of package, some are treated ans normal postal parcels, to be handled by Correos, while some are not. (I believe it's DHL express.)

I just had a DHL package delivered to me a couple of days ago. That one I had a bit of problems with, since they couldn't deliver it on a time when I was at home.
Then I got the number to the DHL office here in Tenerife.

That number is: 922 235360

If it's a real DHL office or not I don't know, but at least that number is for DHL, (it's connected to their central when not manned), and it's a Tenerife number.
The answering machine speaks Spanish first, then, when you think it's said everything, it repeats it in English.
(Not sure if that's for the "Post" version of DHL, but at least it's for DHL Express - and at least they should be able to point you in the right direction.)

Pooh
08-05-2012, 17:13
that is a CUSTOMS AGENT called

RODERA VALAZZA, RAÚL EDUARDO 922235360 jmolivero@gmail.com
Pol.Ind.El Mayorazgo Parc.34 Nave 1

http://www.puertosdetenerife.org/Agentesdeaduanas.asp

any way on an entirely different subject the DHL office in tenerife is here

www.dhl.com
Calle Subida al Mayorazgo, 1 38110 Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
922 235 360

HANG ON !!!!!!! :stars:

i think its prof plub in the drawing room with the spannner....:crazy:

Well, since the numbers are the same, AND when calling the number you get "welcome to DHL", and a whole lot of press 1 for... press 2 for... etc, etc, for all kinds of things in DHL, and DHL only - I would say it's a number worth trying!

orphias
08-05-2012, 23:42
As this is my first time in ordering a shipment to Tenerife what is the bottom line here ?

meaning if the parcel doesn't arrive at all and it's nowhere to be found

is the provider not responsible to give a full refund of the lost item ?

As it did say in the small print whilst making the order..

A binding legal transaction between you and Best Service GmbH will finally be achieved by the delivery of your order.

samnickgodber
09-05-2012, 07:25
As this is my first time in ordering a shipment to Tenerife what is the bottom line here ?

meaning if the parcel doesn't arrive at all and it's nowhere to be found

is the provider not responsible to give a full refund of the lost item ?

As it did say in the small print whilst making the order..

A binding legal transaction between you and Best Service GmbH will finally be achieved by the delivery of your order.

What did your last tracking info say?
When mine ws updated to something along the lines that customs have it, it took a week to 10 days for a slip to be sent to me asking for all the info needed, after i emailed it to them i got an update on tracking saying it had cleared customs and was out for delivery, however it still took around another week for the correos to put a slip through my door telling me to go collect and pay some taxes on it at my local correos,,,,

Balcony
09-05-2012, 07:53
I was curious about this, but "don't worry" folks. Those good people at DHL really care about you (not). This from their UK website:

No-nonsense delivery of your package to Spain

DHL uses a simple and straightforward pricing structure that applies to the whole of Spain - giving you great value and convenience.

Our prices to send packages to Spain fall into seven weight categories. All you have to do is weigh your parcel and match it to the relevant weight category in our parcel delivery prices guide. You'll then know the cost of sending your package to Spain instantly. You can send Barcelona packages that weigh less than 0.5kg for just £33.95 each, inclusive of VAT. Or you can send Madrid packages weighing 2-5kg for £49.95 each.

This no-nonsense approach to sending a package to Spain makes life so much easier. There are just two limits: your parcel should weigh no more than 31.5kg and its dimensions should measure no greater than 120 cm x 80 cm x 80 cm. But don't worry, if you need to send a package to Spain that exceeds these limits, just contact the DHLitNow team who will be able to find the best solution for sending your package to Spain quickly and cost-efficiently.

Try DHL for your next package to Spain. Once you've experienced the DHL service, you'll never want any other courier to deliver your packages to Spain.

Personally, I would always opt for Post Office services, as they also seem better able to give compensation in the event of loss. Or try to find a friend visiting Tenerife and ask them to fetch the item (obviously, if practical).

orphias
09-05-2012, 12:36
samnickgodber

What did your last tracking info say?
When mine ws updated to something along the lines that customs have it, it took a week to 10 days for a slip to be sent to me asking for all the info needed, after i emailed it to them i got an update on tracking saying it had cleared customs and was out for delivery, however it still took around another week for the correos to put a slip through my door telling me to go collect and pay some taxes on it at my local correos

Last tracking info from DHL was

Tue, 01.05.12 10:24 h
Shipment is prepared for customs clearance in country of destination ES.

And from Correos was

04/05/2012 In transit
04/05/2012 In transit
07/05/2012 In transit
07/05/2012 In transit

I'm now hoping they will email me or send a slip in the post so as to give them my details to pick up the parcel. (Why are they not contacting me ?)

The order went in on the 26.4.12. it's now 9.5.12. it's been two weeks and still no delivery.

what a joke!

What Correos in Tenerife do i need to contact to ask "do they have my parcel" as they've already said it's with them in (Transit) what ever that means ?

jeste747
09-05-2012, 13:20
I just had my parcel delivered today. Ordered from Amazon UK 11th April. It came via DHL, then Correos. I had to pay 14.56 euros (almost half of what the goods are worth) for the import customs etc.

jeste747
09-05-2012, 14:06
It was http://www.amazon.co.uk Sorry I dont know IVA from IGIC doh, but on the Factura it says IGIC 2.21 euros and Un Despacho Base Imponible 12.35 euros

orphias
10-05-2012, 01:05
Hope my parcel comes soon ?