PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a British IP address in Tenerife?

bakerman
03-05-2012, 16:15
hi all at the forum,
its been a while but i am now working,(thank god)
question;
does anyone know if i can get a british IP adress in tenerife?
any help would be appreciated.
thanks forum

bakerman

Balcony
03-05-2012, 16:40
Have a look here http://proxy.org/forum/proxy-users/4610-obtaining-foreign-ip-address.html

bakerman
03-05-2012, 16:59
thanks i will have a look

junglejim
03-05-2012, 17:15
I use the free expat shield download to access iplayer etc-not the best but free - see Timmylish posts he uses a paid for one.

http://www.expatshield.com/

timmylish
03-05-2012, 23:47
I use the best one on the market for all VPN,s at 5,99 stg. per month. Top quality and no video buffering so long as you have more than 2 mgsps d/l speed available.
http://vpnuk.net/
and I should add that when having one you are entitled to use on two different bits of equipment, ie. my PC and our iPad, at the same time.

dotty1
22-05-2012, 07:36
I agree with Timmylish its a great VPN for £5.99 never a problem

grumps
22-05-2012, 10:45
I use Hidemyass...servers all over the world. Great 4 watching Australian tv for F1 for instance.

ally9997
24-05-2012, 22:29
will PM you three free ones

could you possibly send me them to

thanks ally

Greg
25-05-2012, 18:54

Can I have free one too please? :hello:

grumps
27-05-2012, 11:47
Can I have free one too please? :hello:

Is it a secret..? Perhaps as they are free it would be for the good of other members to post the links here..?

Just for the record i only ever use the ip changer for iplayer or maybe f1 now. To watch British tv free i use Filmon.com..no ip change needed and it streams abosutely brilliantly. You need to click on "free sd" at the top of the screen for uninterupted viewing...you can even record progs free if you log in..!

Grumps

fonica
27-05-2012, 16:54
I use the free expat shield download to access iplayer etc-not the best but free - see Timmylish posts he uses a paid for one.

http://www.expatshield.com/ You can upgrade to the advert free version which is great!!

deepdivejunkie
02-06-2012, 18:32
Here is another VPN service I've found.
They offer a VPN for Windows, Mac, Linux, iphone, ipad, Blackberry, Android etc
http://www.lamnia.co.uk ("http://www.lamnia.co.uk)

Strange, cut n paste if it dont work

www.lamnia.co.uk

Megaloo
02-06-2012, 18:44
Here is another VPN service I've found.
They offer a VPN for Windows, Mac, Linux, iphone, ipad, Blackberry, Android etc
http://www.lamnia.co.uk ("http://www.lamnia.co.uk)

Cannot get into that link

kell
02-06-2012, 19:02
i need a british IP address aswell

sunseeker
02-06-2012, 22:38
i got mine of tvintenerife.com. i got a discount thru this forum.

malvasia
09-06-2012, 11:41
I need a UK IP address to log on to a site that is banned here in Spain, Betfair. I can get into the site via Ex Pat Shield but cannot access any further. If there are any other Betfair users out there who know the answer, please let me know.

Suej
09-06-2012, 12:58
I need a UK IP address to log on to a site that is banned here in Spain, Betfair. I can get into the site via Ex Pat Shield but cannot access any further. If there are any other Betfair users out there who know the answer, please let me know.

Before you think about paying for an VPN might it be better to check with someone already in the UK to see if they can successfully use the site?:)

timmylish
10-06-2012, 02:04
Betfair can only be accessed using a legit VPN which hides your geographic location. The free ones often don,t allow for this so, if you like a gamble then try my one for a month (after you,ve exhausted all others promoted on here) and spen 5,99 stg.

karinagal
10-06-2012, 11:44
Using the VPN as recommended by timmy, I can access the bet fair site.. I don't have an account so can't login.. BTW, can't access National Lottery website with or without the VPN, they've got it locked down tight... Got an email saying I'm a winner but can't verify the amount!!

Harmonicaman
10-06-2012, 12:18
Using the VPN as recommended by timmy, I can access the bet fair site.. I don't have an account so can't login.. BTW, can't access National Lottery website with or without the VPN, they've got it locked down tight... Got an email saying I'm a winner but can't verify the amount!!

Karina darling, it's not true what they all say about you...I think you're great!:D

karinagal
10-06-2012, 13:47
Karina darling, it's not true what they all say about you...I think you're great!:D

Sorry petal, got the OH to check it (he's back home) .... It's only a tenner....!! I loved your photie of Aria on the other thread..!

timmylish
11-06-2012, 02:18

Madam. I cannot for the life of me understand why you could not access ANY site whatsoever. Just so it don,t happen when/if and important thing cropped up can I suggest you email our lot and get a response. I,m sure there,s something which can be done to fix it. Speak later.

karinagal
11-06-2012, 11:56
Madam. I cannot for the life of me understand why you could not access ANY site whatsoever. Just so it don,t happen when/if and important thing cropped up can I suggest you email our lot and get a response. I,m sure there,s something which can be done to fix it. Speak later.

No idea why, the VPN works fine with every other site, but the National Lottery site is locked down like a high security prison! I tried on the pc, iPad and iPhone with the VPN on and nada.... Only thing I didn't try was to delete cookies first, not sure if that could have had anything to do with it. It was fine as soon as I arrived back in the UK though.....

The undisputed queen of de-nial

mossy
14-06-2012, 13:17
I still can't navigate quickly through pages if i connect through VPNUK and sometimes the connection times out,i tried betfair as well and it's slower than dial up connection is someone else having the same problem?

tmfkahs
14-06-2012, 16:21
Hi, this is a list:-

BBC, insufficient band width to stream live or catchup.
Itv buffering continuously.
C4 is ok, but buffers on the adverts (which there are 3 minutes before each programme.
Skygo allows me to log in, then will not load any programme until I disconnect from VPNUK, then it is perfect.

I have had live help twice and they have been very helpful, increasing my speedtest results for a while, by giving them remote access to my computer.

However, I will be approaching them again soon to try and help out with these problems and also why, when I speedtest, my isp is in Lancashire, even when my VPNUK is not even turned on. It used to be in Morroco or Madrid.

A test used to show 5.6Mb before subscribing, but am now down to 3 Mb with UKVPN not connected and even as low as 0.5Mb when it is connected. The Tower does not have UKVPN programme on and shows 5Mb on speedtest, so something must be wrong.

FilmOn works perfectly with no buffering and no freezing.

I am sure they will get to the bottom of this as there seems to be many more options (ports, isp servers and many more technical things I have no wish to understand). The website is very impressive and I am sure, means a lot to anyone with an interest. Me, I just want to click on a few icons and see streaming TV.

Hope this helps you to not feel alone.

mossy
14-06-2012, 17:06
Great to hear i'm not the only one having issues because i tried the free vpn sites before and i thought this was no different apart from the ads.I might try their live help before i pay for an other month.
Just to add i don't use it to watch tv or movies just normal surfing.

tmfkahs
14-06-2012, 20:23
Certainly, I recommend the live help, especially to see the cursor whizzing around your screen not under your control. Unbelievable.

mossy
14-06-2012, 20:49
Funny you say that,a couple of months ago someone hacked into our laptop and took control of it and we could see the cursor moving now that was scary.

timmylish
15-06-2012, 03:13
Well I am really disappointed to hear the problems you are having. I just cannot start to understand why this should be. I have had this service for, what 3 years now and barrin gone time for half a day I have never had problems. Without VPNUK i get a speed of anything up to 9 but I only lose 1 point when the Vpn is on (and I jump from UK to USA to Swiss and Russian) ie about 8 mgsps. Yes you must contact live support and if I were you I would also write them an email. I will be interested to know what happens and if need be I,ll write them AFTER you thru' the various processes!

mossy
15-06-2012, 12:51
Yes i will contact them on Monday,hopefully,and keep you up-to-date.

timmylish
15-06-2012, 16:43
Yes i will contact them on Monday,hopefully,and keep you up-to-date.

Why wait till Monday. The guys are open 24/7. I,ve been chatting to one or another in the early hours of the morning! Naw. Seriously they work all week-ends. See if you can get Carlos. He is very helpful, as they all are!

mossy
15-06-2012, 22:48
That's even better,i'll definitely contact them this week-end.

mossy
18-06-2012, 18:58
I've just got off the VPNUK live help and after changing a couple of things in the configuration the change in the connection speed was a lot better,if stays like this i'll have VPN on at all times :pray:.Thanks for everybody's input.

timmylish
18-06-2012, 21:11
It is precisely this reason that I endorse VPNUK. If you are upo fornt with them they will make every effort to fix problems.

Cap Cordless
16-09-2012, 16:55
Betfair can only be accessed using a legit VPN which hides your geographic location. The free ones often don,t allow for this so, if you like a gamble then try my one for a month (after you,ve exhausted all others promoted on here) and spen 5,99 stg.

In order for Betfair to get a spanish operating licence they agred to block accounts with a spanish address related to the bank card used to open/topup etc.. If you log in in spain, inc canaries, betfair asks for details including NIE number as expats ours start with an X and betfair don't seem to allow these!! If you try to access through a VPN to the UK to a spanish account you get an error message that says basically your outside spain and cant get access. the only way I have found so far is to open a UK betfair account using the VPN with a bank card that has a British address with the bank. Have been using this for about 10 weeks now with no problems.

doncht
14-06-2014, 19:38
By the way, when getting this, does it include an extra charge? https://imagicon.info/cat/10-3/vbulletin-smile.gif

Greg
14-06-2014, 23:39

PM me too please. :hi:

KirstyJay
16-06-2014, 22:13
I use www.TVinTenerife.com for my VPN and have never had a problem. This is now run by an ex forum mod Pooh who is a good guy and should be given the business from the forum in my opinion, because he cares about his customers.