PDA

View Full Version : I have just bought an apartment in Tenerife and will be out to visit shortly

Deb
05-05-2012, 20:01
I feel that i havn't give anything to this forum and feel guilty that i have taken advise from others.....used the advice
and then offered nothing in return.
I do read all the posts posted almost weekly on here but feel like i am "unqualified" to answer as i have and know little
about many of the topics and subjects.
I appreciate though in order to have a sucssessful forum members do have to contribute........ so for anyone that may
be interested here i go!

I am sooooo excited that we have bought a property in Tenerife, it might not be the biggest apartment.....or the nicest
complex.......but its ours......no one elses just ours.
I have never stayed in it yet but worked hard in April to get it furnished or part furnished and now i will be over in June
to get a tv sorted out and other bits and bobs, setting up from scratch was challenging......if only to remember just
what you might need....corkscrew was on top of the list!!!.
I will be alone on this trip as hubby has no holidays until June so will be a mission for me....
and i do get butterflys just thinking about having to do it alone....silly i know!
Anyway, thank you for listening and thank you to the forum members who gave me advice, one day i may be able to
contribute in more helpful ways........i will get a few sunny months under my belt first though! XXX

Jackie
05-05-2012, 20:09
Deb we all probably felt the same when we first joined the Forum....you sound like my kind of girl...corkscrew top of the list lol. Enjoy every minute of your new place x

karinagal
05-05-2012, 20:15
Hi Deb! Where on the island is your apartment? I'm coming over to Amarilla Golf from 31st May for 10 days (also on my own) so if you're up for it, maybe we could meet for a drink? I'll have a hired car, so can pick you up and take you shopping for stuff if you need it.. My hubby reckons I spend all of my holidays in Las Chafiras shopping! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lapalma
05-05-2012, 21:43
All the best Deb,you will enjoy the island and its people just like me and my family,sadly I cannot travel to my beloved island at the moment due to ill health.I wish you all the best and Iam very sure that you and your own will have many happy times in an island with many good things going on.

KirstyJay
05-05-2012, 23:45
Sounds like a good plan! Welcome to the forum, thanks for sharing, and maybe if you're out alone this time you might want to touch base with some other forum members while you're here and make some new friends :)

Shugstar63
05-05-2012, 23:52
Good luck....hope you enjoy the wonderful Isle

junglejim
06-05-2012, 11:20
Hi Deb! Where on the island is your apartment? I'm coming over to Amarilla Golf from 31st May for 10 days (also on my own) so if you're up for it, maybe we could meet for a drink? I'll have a hired car, so can pick you up and take you shopping for stuff if you need it.. My hubby reckons I spend all of my holidays in Las Chafiras shopping! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ha! My wife´s started teaming up with some friends and doing the Bingo at Las Chafiras - all good fun but different experience from UK- personally I´m not a Bingo Fan so I get a quiet night at home, or pub - we have 2 corkscrews - just to be sure!

karinagal
06-05-2012, 11:47
Ha! My wife´s started teaming up with some friends and doing the Bingo at Las Chafiras - all good fun but different experience from UK- personally I´m not a Bingo Fan so I get a quiet night at home, or pub - we have 2 corkscrews - just to be sure!

Geez.. I can't remember the last time I was at the bingo! Other than a quick game at Parque de la Paz a few years back, I reckon the last proper bingo game I went to was in the Milford Inn in Donegal! And that was when God was a boy and Noah was still collecting planks for the Ark!!

The undisputed queen of de-nial

dotty1
06-05-2012, 17:29
Welcome and enjoy you stay in this lovely island, I am sure you will enjoy yourself alone or with company. Lots of lovely people in Tenerife, glad you got lots of advice on the forum.

Ali.xx
06-05-2012, 19:32
Hope all goes well in your new appartment. I went to tenerife on my own a few years ago and had a great time. Most people are friendly. Enjoy!

cainaries
06-05-2012, 19:41
Have a wonderful time! Such fun, new apartment. If you come on your own you can choose your own STUFF. Bliss. Enjoy. If you meet up with karinagal ... please send us all updates.

timmylish
07-05-2012, 00:52
Deb. First of all a very warm welcome to this unique Forum. Made up with such diversity. Please, certainly as far as I,m concerned, you need not feel any pressure on contributing or not. I think that the only objections some of us have is to people asking for advice, getting it and then not even having the courtesy of an acknowledgement. So please don,t think that way just come here to our Island (my home) enjoy every aspect of life here. Do nothing if that,s your wish/need/desire. The fact you are going to be here in June is something to look forward to not to feel inhibited. Anything, just anything you need help with in the way of finding suitable shops for things you need to buy, offices of officialdom, which admittedly can be scarey. What i,m basically saying if we, as members of this Forum cannot help with a particular matter its gonna have to be something very out of the ordinary and completely new. Anyway, you already have a couple of invites, if you want to and if you don,t then just be on your own and enjoy the sorting of something yourself!
Enough. Enjoy you and your husband,s life on Tenerife and thank heavens you bought before reading a very strange thread by a lover of every holidaying destination with the exception of Tenerife. Sorry to say, we also have a couple of "strangers" on here!

Deb
07-05-2012, 11:32
Thanks so much Karinagal......so kind! Would love to meet for a drink and will pm you my mobile number as this is the only form of contact i will have when i arrive on the June Bank hol Tuesday. I will be staying in Los cris for a few days but will be on GDS by the Thursday x :thanx:

Added after 4 minutes:

Thanks for that lovely reply.......i will look out for the strange thread!!

Deb. First of all a very warm welcome to this unique Forum. Made up with such diversity. Please, certainly as far as I,m concerned, you need not feel any pressure on contributing or not. I think that the only objections some of us have is to people asking for advice, getting it and then not even having the courtesy of an acknowledgement. So please don,t think that way just come here to our Island (my home) enjoy every aspect of life here. Do nothing if that,s your wish/need/desire. The fact you are going to be here in June is something to look forward to not to feel inhibited. Anything, just anything you need help with in the way of finding suitable shops for things you need to buy, offices of officialdom, which admittedly can be scarey. What i,m basically saying if we, as members of this Forum cannot help with a particular matter its gonna have to be something very out of the ordinary and completely new. Anyway, you already have a couple of invites, if you want to and if you don,t then just be on your own and enjoy the sorting of something yourself!
Enough. Enjoy you and your husband,s life on Tenerife and thank heavens you bought before reading a very strange thread by a lover of every holidaying destination with the exception of Tenerife. Sorry to say, we also have a couple of "strangers" on here!

marbro8
07-05-2012, 15:18
Geez.. I can't remember the last time I was at the bingo! Other than a quick game at Parque de la Paz a few years back, I reckon the last proper bingo game I went to was in the Milford Inn in Donegal! And that was when God was a boy and Noah was still collecting planks for the Ark!!

The undisputed queen of de-nial so if you go to bingo in tenerife do they read the numbers out in spanish or english???

karinagal
07-05-2012, 15:26
Thanks so much Karinagal......so kind! Would love to meet for a drink and will pm you my mobile number as this is the only form of contact i will have when i arrive on the June Bank hol Tuesday. I will be staying in Los cris for a few days but will be on GDS by the Thursday x :thanx:

Excellent Deb! I'll pm you mine too! Let me know if you need a lift anywhere to get stuff for your apartment. I was really fortunate that I had made an excellent friend during the whole buying process and she took me to loads of places shopping! Don't know what I'd do without her..!

Karina
:D

so if you go to bingo in tenerife do they read the numbers out in spanish or english???

I hope you get an answer to this - I'd love to know!!

9PLUS
07-05-2012, 15:27
I feel that i havn't give anything to this forum and feel guilty that i have taken advise from others.....used the advice
and then offered nothing in return.

I concur proper selfish but there's a way of regaining that respect you once had, by putting on a forum members BBQ at yours with drinks

I'm contactable through my signature........

cheers

x

mariben
08-05-2012, 11:32
Hope all goes well in your new appartment. I went to tenerife on my own a few years ago and had a great time. Most people are friendly. Enjoy!You will have a great time on this lovely, friendly Island, good luck with sorting out your apartment.

Deb
08-05-2012, 20:12
Excellent Deb! I'll pm you mine too! Let me know if you need a lift anywhere to get stuff for your apartment. I was really fortunate that I had made an excellent friend during the whole buying process and she took me to loads of places shopping! Don't know what I'd do without her..!

Karina
:D

I hope you get an answer to this - I'd love to know!!

Have sent you a pm x

Jackie
08-05-2012, 20:17
so if you go to bingo in tenerife do they read the numbers out in spanish or english???

Spanish, although there is a large board where the numbers appear like in the UK it is very very fast

bonitatime
08-05-2012, 20:44
I would think you need to have some understanding of the numbers to manage.

Deb
08-05-2012, 20:47
mmm, might have to give that a miss!lol

Jackie
08-05-2012, 20:49
I would think you need to have some understanding of the numbers to manage.

Surprisingly you don't because as I said they all appear on a large overhead screen, but they do call them fast and obviously if you don't understand what their saying you've got to be quick to look at the board and then mark them off as well:spin:

9PLUS
08-05-2012, 21:00
So when's the BBQ........................Pal?

marbro8
08-05-2012, 21:11
Spanish, although there is a large board where the numbers appear like in the UK it is very very fastthink i will give it a miss then i have been moaned at in england for being to slow and miss calling, don't need it in spain as well:tongue:

Jackie
08-05-2012, 21:17
think i will give it a miss then i have been moaned at in england for being to slow and miss calling, don't need it in spain as well:tongue:

My daughter is fluent in Spanish and went with her boyfriends mum once and even she had trouble keeping up lol

Deb
08-05-2012, 21:31
Will have to buy one first!!!:laugh: (if that post was for me??)

karinagal
08-05-2012, 21:39
Will have to buy one first!!!:laugh: (if that post was for me??)

If you're meaning the one from 9 plus, then probably it was for you!! :D

tracy hampshire
09-05-2012, 00:48
i have found 3 cork skrews an absolute must, 1 for general use, 2 tucked away in a safe place incase you can´t find number 1 & 3 for your handbag, just incase, a girl should never be without a corkskrew, hope you have a ball over here xxx