PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Phones How do I contact Telefonica/Movistar in English?

tenerifegal
13-06-2011, 13:41
im trying to call telefonica on 1004 and it keeps going through options i dont understand, anyone have a number for english speaking as it just keeps disconnecting my monthly bill is normally 49 this month its jumped to 89 and i never get a bill so cant check it any help appreciated

chrissy56
13-06-2011, 13:43
Had the same problem. Just hold on the line until a person speaks, then ask for an english operator. Good luck!!

MrsTT
13-06-2011, 13:45
Keep saying 'I would like to speak to someone in English' in the gaps between recorded messages on 1004. The software should then route you to an english speaking operator.
Telefonica in English is a separate company.

Snap - two of us posted the same reply.

Suej
13-06-2011, 13:45
When the recorded message has finished just say into the phone "English" it´s a voice detection facility and you should then get through to an English speaking operator.

Jackie
13-06-2011, 13:52
When the recorded message has finished just say into the phone "English" it´s a voice detection facility and you should then get through to an English speaking operator.

That's the way to do it ;)

tenerifegal
13-06-2011, 13:54
brilliant it works thanks guys

tracey
13-06-2011, 20:03
Yeah just keep saying Énglish´and they should put you through to an English speaker

cainaries
13-06-2011, 20:11
tenerifegal - when you got the English speaking operator could they sort out your bill? I would really like to know about this. Telefonica/Movistar call us a couple of times a week in very fast Spanish - they are obviously trying to sell us something and each time they ring I complain about our internet speed and they say 'Oh, that's a separate company, can't help you with that' and ring off. The last woman I kind of spoke to told me I would have to write to them 'en escrito' she said - to explain the problem.

slodgedad
13-06-2011, 20:13
Thread stuck..

Alex
18-12-2011, 23:05
Hi everyone,

Not totally related, but nevertherless a question about Telefonica :)
Would really appreciate if someone could answer it:

We are going to buy an appartment here in Tenerife. It has a telephone line in it (albeit disconnected). The owner says that he never connected it itself, so he does not have any bills / does not know the phone/account number. But he says one of his tenants had the line connected and had an internet connection/contract (in his name presumably) .

I'd like to check if there is any debt to Telefonica because of this.
Could I do it somehow (phoning Telefonica with my Spanish is probably not an option :( ), and should I be concerned about previous tenant debts with Telefonica in the first place? From what I was told so far, if there a debt, it will be under someone else name, but I am worried that Telefonica will refuse to connect phone/Internet for me until the previous debt(s) are paid.

Any opinion would be much appreciated!

Alex

TenerifePool
18-12-2011, 23:27
The telephone debt if any will be under the name and dni/nie of the person who took out the contract and will have no bearing on subsequent owners.

londonjimmy
19-12-2011, 00:23
Yes, I would like to know how to call Telefonica to speak to an english speaking operator. We are moving to our house next wednesday and I need to get the telephone line connected so I can then get Europa internet. As the previous line has just recently been disconnected will it be the same telephone number or a different one?

Thanks
James

Muppet
19-12-2011, 01:56
Ring Europa and they will do it all for you

londonjimmy
19-12-2011, 02:48
I've heard that Telefonica are being a little more than pains in the @rses when it comes to allowing Europa access?? So was advised to set up the phoneline with telefonica again, dont tell them that I am going to go with europa, then get europa to setup and that would make everything quicker??? Any advice?

bonitatime
19-12-2011, 09:49
Just keep saying "English" in the phone during working hours and they will connect you.

Muppet
19-12-2011, 10:33
I've heard that Telefonica are being a little more than pains in the @rses when it comes to allowing Europa access?? So was advised to set up the phoneline with telefonica again, dont tell them that I am going to go with europa, then get europa to setup and that would make everything quicker??? Any advice?

Can't say I am entirely surprised, but my advice remains - contact Europa and do what they advise..

Alex
19-12-2011, 11:25
The telephone debt if any will be under the name and dni/nie of the person who took out the contract and will have no bearing on subsequent owners.

That's a good news. Thank you, TenerifePool!

TenerifePool
20-12-2011, 11:24
If you have the line connected via Telefonica they will tie you in to a contract for a year that you will have to pay to get out of.

Alex
27-12-2011, 15:16
By the way, here is a dedicated Telefonica line for foreign languages:

Línea Atención Telefónica desde el extranjero (Inglés, Francés, Alemán y Español), 24x7: 34 699 99 10 04

I called that line and was able to get to an English-speaking agent fairly quickly. The line was pretty bad, but that could be because I was calling from Skype.. :)

Source:

http://www.movistar.es/on/pub/servicios/onTOEntrada/0,,entrada%2Brd_guiastelefonicas%2Bv_segmento%2BAH OG%2Bv_idioma%2Bes%2Bmenu_izq%2B4%2BambitoAcceso%2 Bpub,00.html?v_segmento=AHOG&v_idioma=es&v_segest=AHOG&v_pagina=AC&v_hueco=MD&v_posicion=1_1&uri=/on/io/es/pie/guias_telefonicas/ya.html

bonitatime
28-12-2011, 15:14
Thats a mobile number so could end up expensive

princessmonika
29-12-2011, 09:01
yes it works got an english operator who was very very helpfull and wished me a merry christmas the number is 1002 or 1004

garlicbread
02-01-2012, 17:59
latest offer for internet from telefonica

http://www.movistar.es/on/pub/servicios/onTOEntrada/0,,entrada%2Bprecios_telefonia2%2Bv_segmento%2BAHO G%2Bv_idioma%2Bes%2BambitoAcceso%2Bpub,00.html?uri =/on/io/es/tienda/precios/telefonia_1.html&v_segmento=AHOG&v_idioma=es&v_segest=AHOG&v_pagina=FP&v_procede=homeNR01&v_categoria=50426

€20 per month for first six months

Is this for "new customers only" or is it available for exisiting customers?

Chisuka
22-08-2012, 19:11
Hey, I live in Fuerteventura and just got internet from Movistar the other day, but I seem to be having a few problems, I keep losing connection, I had a look at the telephone socket and the splitter is pretty lose, and have to have the phone cable at a certain angle or it won't connect. Also my speed seems disappointingly low, i assume this is because of a line fault.

I was just wondering if Telefonica will be able to come and fix this as I live in a resort, I'm not sure what they can do. I want to phone them tomorrow but I don't want to call them out and for them to say it isn't there problem and charge me.

I realize this is a forum for Tenerife but I haven't found anywhere else where i could post this.

Thanks.

KirstyJay
23-08-2012, 10:23
I realize this is a forum for Tenerife but I haven't found anywhere else where i could post this.

Thanks.

This forum may be for Tenerife, but Movistar is Movistar everywhere ;)

Welcome to the forum :)

As far as I'm aware, if it's a Movistar problem they'll fix it for free, however if it's a fault caused by stuff they've not installed, such as something done by another provider, they'll charge you for it.

Chisuka
23-08-2012, 14:03
Thanks, not sure if I would class it as a Movistar problem or not, they didn't install it but they did remove the cover to activate our phone line.

Kirkietim
26-03-2015, 19:45
hi guys i missed a payment for telefonica my line is dead and i am trying to get through to them from the uk. i know dialling 1004 from the house works but i have no dial tone does anyone have there number thanks. Eddie

tonyda
29-03-2015, 21:05
You should pay your bills Eddie,think of all your neighbours that use your internet lol

cressrt
29-03-2015, 21:35
You can do try to do it on line, http://www.movistar.es/particulares/atencion-cliente/asistente/?f=270, if you write in English they will still respond, not sure if they will contact you on a UK line though but worth a go. If your Spanish is OK you will have no problem.

Kirkietim
30-03-2015, 08:54
That's what am trying to do T. Changed bank accounts and it missed a month but as usual have to go to post office to pay and reconnect. Over whelmingly annoying. Got someone on sat and told me what I have to do. Xx

AussieExpat
02-07-2017, 12:27
Just joined the site because of this thread, which I found after searching how to cancel my movistar contract.
The "trick" of repeatedly stating "English" while on hold worked fantastically and I got through to an operator within 2 minutes.

He was polite, and got the job done within another 5 minutes - giving me the code number to take into the store.
Thanks!