PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife weather in September

Toucan
07-05-2012, 13:09
Hi there,
We're going to Tenerife in September. However, we haven't decided yet which region to choose. We'd prefer a region withour strong and cool winds. I know that the Canaries are windy in general but could someone suggest an area which is rather calm?
Thank you! :)

AL JAY
07-05-2012, 14:17
Hi Toucan,Welcome to the forum, September is a great time to come to Tenerife,I would advise you to stay around the Safari centre area,its on the flat and its a great location with lots of things on your doorstep, Beaches,Restaurantes,Bars, Supermarkets, etc ,you can stroll either way to Los Cristianos or Puerto Colon/Torviscas! Wherever you choose i hope you have a great holiday if its your first time to the island!

beekay
07-05-2012, 14:29
We go to Tenerife every year in September and stay in Los Cristianos at the Tenerife Sur. We have never found it to be too windy, but an occasionally breeze is welcomed to cool us down. It's hot work sunbathing!!

Enjoy your stay wherever you choose :welcome:

Toucan
07-05-2012, 15:05
Thanks very much for your answers. Well, the wind...it's a health issue, my neck and head don't tolerate much wind. That's why we have to choose carefully. Are there even more suggestions?

beekay
07-05-2012, 16:01
Yes Toucan, get one of these!! :laugh:

Toucan
07-05-2012, 18:03
Nice idea ;)

AL JAY
07-05-2012, 18:16
We go to Tenerife every year in September and stay in Los Cristianos at the Tenerife Sur. We have never found it to be too windy, but an occasionally breeze is welcomed to cool us down. It's hot work sunbathing!!

Enjoy your stay wherever you choose :welcome:

I don't think you will find a better area than the one i suggested earlier, No hills to climb and you are away from the hustle bustle even though everything is on your doorstep!

delderek
07-05-2012, 18:35
Wherever you stay in September can be the most humid month of the year, in my opinion the worst month of the year. Hot, sticky, and it can rain. With hot sticky nights. One of the only times I would recommend staying out on Golf Del Sur or Amarillo.

Amtecinc54
08-05-2012, 06:55
he weather on Tenerife is amongst some of the best on offer around the world and the constant warm climate attracts visitors to Tenerife throughout the year. The coastal areas of Tenerife tend to offer the hottest weather and clearest skies, often with seemingly endless sunshine and only occasional rain.

TheBigBenners
08-05-2012, 11:27
Hi Toucan, we've always found September to be a lovely month weather wise however avoid El Medano, Golf del Sur and Las Galletas/Costa Silencion if you don't like it windy. Enjoy!

delderek
08-05-2012, 11:46
The prevailing wind is N.E, so anywhere from Los Cris along the West coast is sheltered and mostly calm. But you could be unlucky and the wind changes to the West, but doesn't happen often.