PDA

View Full Version : SD orSDHC Memory Card required for Canon digital camera

Snowdrop
07-05-2012, 20:54
Can you suggest anywhere in Los Cristianos where I can safely purchase a SD or SDHC memory card for my new canon A3200 IS digital camera. Any idea as to what sort of price I would expect to pay say for 4GB etc. ???

lapalma
07-05-2012, 21:01
Its a pity you could not buy from Amazon for delivery to Tenerife,for at the moment I have just bought a 16GB card for £8.00 ! Iam quite sure you will pay a lot more from the camera shops in Tenerife,but I would hope that some of the forum residents prove me wrong.Sorry I could not help you more.

tfs1
07-05-2012, 21:41
Oddly enough I too have just bought a SDHC card, 8gb class 10 (want it to play video on hence class 10 rather than the slower class 4) and bought it from Amazon for delivery in the UK and we are here for a few more days. Hopefully will arrive before we go !

I have just put my Tenerife address into Amazon and it accepted it ! Not sure what the delivery cost would be but given the low cost of thesetype items from Amazon and Ebay in the UK (Ebay more expensive for the card I bought!) I wouldnt even bother trying to save a few cents getting them from the likes of Vistanta etc if going on holiday.

The card cost £6.65 and is a Kingston 8gb SDHC class 10

Chris

ps it doesnt answer the original question but thought it maybe of some interest to someone !

Vortex Wake
07-05-2012, 22:19
Sorry , can't help on where to buy in Tenerife - but do remember that cards come in both size and speed.

This old thread I did also discusses how NOT to buy fake cards.

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/archive/index.php/t-9516.html?

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/archive/index.php/t-9516.html?

In The Sun
08-05-2012, 09:56
There's an electronic shop just down the road from the " Safari Center " I forget the name of it but is is a well know company and they do cards for cameras

BobMac
08-05-2012, 10:53
Try Visanta in the CC under Parque Santiago, just across the road from Mini-Golf