PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on rented apaprtment

manuchao
08-05-2012, 01:43
Hi all,
Can someone advise me what to do.
I am living in a rented apartment, paid on a regular basis every month without delays and kept everything in a good state.
Now it is time to go for summer vacations and I do not want to pay for the rented apartment while I am away. So I decided to move out giving a prior notice to a landlord that I am not going to pay my montly rent and use up the deposit (the apartment is in good state and I did not broke anything, so will leave it in the same condition and with the same furniture when I moved in) knowing that the deposit is not usuallly returned by apartment owners and the owner knows I am flying off.
The landlord insists that I pay, initially agreed on half of the sum which will be returned as he says, but I do not believe and my financial conditions changed. So I refused to pay anything at all and inviting the landlord to come and see the apartment whenever he wants to check if it is in order before I fly and paying the outstanding bills before giving the keys back.
So, he finally asked me to move away right now, though I am reluctant to change my location and just need to live until the end of this month.
If he has any right to tell me just to move out, though I explained him my reasons of living up the deposit and then moving out because I am going to vacations and if he will not return my depoit for some reasons, I will have to chase him then claiming my money back.
I have a minor aged child and all this frustrates me because all my previous apartment owners were quite friendly and understanding.

sathya
08-05-2012, 05:48
Hmmm well they dont have the rights to say to leave you right away without giving any infomation before three months regarding wind up.. The owner had to intimated you already.. so you wont accept for this and ask them for staying there itself till you get a new appatment..

manuchao
08-05-2012, 09:30
Hmmm well they dont have the rights to say to leave you right away without giving any infomation before three months regarding wind up.. The owner had to intimated you already.. so you wont accept for this and ask them for staying there itself till you get a new appatment..

Hi Sathya, thank you for your advise

cainaries
08-05-2012, 11:25
Well, it's a difficult problem for you but also for the landlord. The deposit you paid is against damage not in lieu of the last month's rent. Suppose when you move out at the end of the month he finds some damage? You haven't finished living there yet so something unforeseen might happen. We reluctantly allowed a lady renting a place from us to do what you want to do ... i.e. to use her deposit as her last month's rent ... and now we find we have an electricity bill of €123 which she hasn't paid and won't pay. If she had done this properly we would have deducted the electricity bill before refunding her deposit. Always two sides to every problem.

bonitatime
08-05-2012, 12:11
We have never let tennants do this as there is no chance if getting the out standing utility bills paid.
I can see your point of view but also the landlords as if you have a child there is probably redecorating that needs doing. Which is an additional cost.