PDA

View Full Version : Do you own a business in a basement in Arona.

Bob
08-05-2012, 17:14
Unless it is for vehicle parking or general storage then as from 2012 an opening licence will not be issued to a new applicant. This means that anyone who owns a business in a basement (Parque Santiago 1, 2 & 3 springs to mind) they will not be able to transfer it to a new owner. I have been preparing the paperwork for my bar for the last 4 months, it has cost approx 3 grand and only last week did i find out that it has been refused on account of the new PLAN DE GENERAL for Arona. Why couldn´t they tell me that back in January when they stamped countless pieces of paper that i was required to produce and i could have saved a fortune. As it is now i will have to close the bar and sign on to collect my PARO. A wonderful way of helping us out of the recession don´t you agree?.

AL JAY
08-05-2012, 18:08
Crazy Bob but it doesn't surprise me!!!

What next...

1...Bars cannot sell beer on a Sunday

2...Sunbeds not allowed by pools

3... Taxi drivers must wear ties

4...English brekkies banned

5...Sunglasses not allowed whilst walking :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Bob
08-05-2012, 19:10
i´m fuming, what kind of future are they creating for the island. Youngsters are staying away in their thousands because the nightlife is rubbish, all inclusive is strangling the bars and now they create stupid new rules to ensure that all sub level businesses in Arona are worthless if you want to sell on. Congratulations Arona you have shot yourself in the foot again. I wouldn´t mind but it took them 7 years to finally pass the act you´d think they would have looked at it in view of the current crisis.

Cruise
08-05-2012, 19:13
Unbelievable......they r making problems everywhere

AL JAY
08-05-2012, 19:19
Are you downstairs on the Patch Bob?

delderek
08-05-2012, 19:33
Do you really want a basement bar.

2 years ago in Los Cris

Bob
08-05-2012, 20:58
i was trying for a late night licence, so a basement is the ideal location to contain the sound. Our flood defences are good plus their is another level below me to contain any water. No not on the patch that is a couple of friends of mine.

9PLUS
08-05-2012, 21:10
Unless it is for vehicle parking or general storage then as from 2012 an opening licence will not be issued to a new applicant. This means that anyone who owns a business in a basement (Parque Santiago 1, 2 & 3 springs to mind) they will not be able to transfer it to a new owner. I have been preparing the paperwork for my bar for the last 4 months, it has cost approx 3 grand and only last week did i find out that it has been refused on account of the new PLAN DE GENERAL for Arona. Why couldn´t they tell me that back in January when they stamped countless pieces of paper that i was required to produce and i could have saved a fortune. As it is now i will have to close the bar and sign on to collect my PARO. A wonderful way of helping us out of the recession don´t you agree?.

Bob normally one of the main problems is the public go about things the wrong way because they can't wait.

It sounds like you started the procedure wrong, this formed part of the Codigo Tecnico - Oct 2010 and not just figured in the Plan General de Ordenación de Arona.

To stop any form of MASS CONFUSION please get your details correct.

But sorry it hasn't worked in your favour...

Bob
08-05-2012, 21:56
So do i have a case against the owner of the local who rented it to me last July

9PLUS
08-05-2012, 22:01
Most possibly not im affraid Bob

seanocelt
09-05-2012, 01:08
Maybe some owners will do rental contracts, keeping the licence as is, without trespasso for the buyer/tenant. Would work for me, as a potential tenant.

9PLUS
09-05-2012, 07:32
Maybe some owners will do rental contracts, keeping the licence as is, without trespasso for the buyer/tenant. Would work for me, as a potential tenant.

The landlord senario works great in the UK but i'm guessing why you never see it here is because it wouldn't work.

EDIT:- I see a reduced responsability for the actual owner if the "bar" was 100% legal with it's opening Licence in hand after 1992.

Normally here you rent a local, the traspaso can be considered as material purchase ie fridges, tables, chairs, even estimated turn over or value etc

Who would be responsible for everything owner or renter?

I see a administrative minefield here doing the landlord senario.

bonitatime
09-05-2012, 09:30
Transfers of licenses are certainly possible. But perhaps not in Arona

seanocelt
09-05-2012, 12:10
I did it in Tenerife before and had a couple of offers lately too. Its basically, returnable bond (minus wear and tear) for deposit, furnishings left, but with no right to sell on, and a contract time period, with notice of exits agreed. The tenant signs up to paying all rent, bills, taxes etc , any outstanding at exit are retained from deposit . A name change was allowed in the past, but now it seems that can trigger, sometimes, a licence issue. The owner can keep the bar on the market of course, but with this new law, if you hold a trespaso, not freehold, you either stay or rent it out , or close it would seem. Worrying stuff.

9PLUS
09-05-2012, 13:53

poker
09-05-2012, 16:13
So mutch paperwork and troubble to sell a 1 euro pint . . . . . .

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

seanocelt
09-05-2012, 16:22

Owner for legality issues affecting the licence, renter for legality issues re-staff being legal etc. My landlord's side of the contract gave him the right to sell on, with me getting notice, i rented (for a bond) the building and its contents. He was liable for making it wind and watertight, and in compliance with local laws. I once got a fine for an "a- board" on the streeet, my responsibility, i put it there.
What issues do you see as a worry for a landlord, as obviously laws keep changing and you are knowledgable? I pity the poor basement located trespaso holder who now cant sell on and likely cannot rent out as that would be in breach.

TenerifePool
09-05-2012, 17:53
What is the definition of a "sotano" according to the Codigo Tecnico and PGO?

atlantico
09-05-2012, 18:17
What is the definition of a "sotano" according to the Codigo Tecnico and PGO?

sótano cellar, basement, underground storage ?

TenerifePool
09-05-2012, 18:47
I was just thinking that a majority of buildings here have different "ground" levels at the front and the back or even left and right so how is the word sotano defined by the Codigo Tecnico?

For example the commercial centre under Parque Santiago II is a sotano from the street but ground level from the pool, San Telmo and Puebo Canario are most definately sotano from street level but maybe first, second or even third floor from the beach, Sal y Tien is the same. Many locales in Patch could be considered sotano on the left but ground level on the right.

atlantico
09-05-2012, 19:42
surely this law refers to obvious basements that were built for storage / garage purposes that have since been turned into locals, not those built as business premises from the outset.?

9PLUS
09-05-2012, 20:02
In a nut shell its down to whether the parcela (plot of land) is characterised as being "Alineado a vial" or "abierta" & Type of business.

In a nut shell the parcela would be deemed Alineado a vial or Abierta etc

Information is available as always through the townhall SAC or through me...

EDIT it's great bringing this stuff in but for new builds only

But then you get people saying i can do this and that in a 40 year old building but not in a state of the art modern one...

welshman
09-05-2012, 21:43
How would this law affect a friend of mine who has over the last 2 years taken lease on basement area which was previously used for car rental business. He now runs a car repair business from it !!!

Bob
28-05-2012, 13:22
What really bugs me is that i now have a 2 inch thick file full of official stamps from numerous government and council offices and nobody at any stage bothered to tell me that it was a pointless exercise because of a change in regulation. Surely they should be aware of these changes and been able to save me 3 months worth of hassle, not to mention the costs involved.

9PLUS
28-05-2012, 14:29
Hello Bob when did you start procedures then 3 months ago?

Did you obtain permission for the bar before starting procedures?

Did you seek professional help before presenting paperwork ?